Moldy Pot

• Thread starter Madbud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I've never had a mold problem in over 30 years of growing, but I HAVE screwed up a couple of times by not letting them dry out sufficiently and sticking them into a mason jar. Lived and Learned, but you always pay for your education one way or another!
It doesn't see the inside of a glass jar until the stem snaps, since the water in the stems is the last to go and the buds can't pull any more water out to get moldy. It took a while to find the balance between dryness and flavors...I'm still fighting that war. It's too easy to prematurely jar up your crop, before all of the water is gone. It seems dry then gets damp again if enclosed...next stop is mildew valley!:mushtache:
Never ends.

Ina

Ina

I mentioned this thread to mrs. MedicalGrower and she said simply.

“Ewwww. Would they wash and eat a moldy piece of fruit?”
Moldy piece of fruit cant be washed that way,it wont be useful anyway so this comparison is not quite right (unlike some of the moldy buds after washing). if it can be(sometimes it is just ruined from inside no way to wash it but sometimes it is just a little on the surface) washed and used for something why throw it all?!Ofcourse i mean if it is your personal stash,not for sale.By the way people throw away many things that other people would eat:)

Madmax

Madmax

Im same.we all know different size buds have different drying times i use a plastic tupperware contaners that hold around 6 ounces .i leave near window sill for about 5-10 mins or until i know it has sweated and has pulled the moisture out of the bigger through all of buds in container.i simply leave lid off till it cools then put lid on bout 10mins later.id do this once more .then into jar .opening and checking..gee they smell beautiful in the jars .

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
I've never had a mold problem in over 30 years of growing, but I HAVE screwed up a couple of times by not letting them dry out sufficiently and sticking them into a mason jar. Lived and Learned, but you always pay for your education one way or another!
It doesn't see the inside of a glass jar until the stem snaps, since the water in the stems is the last to go and the buds can't pull any more water out to get moldy. It took a while to find the balance between dryness and flavors...I'm still fighting that war. It's too easy to prematurely jar up your crop, before all of the water is gone. It seems dry then gets damp again if enclosed...next stop is mildew valley!:mushtache:
Never ends.
Do you need glasses?

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
That's foul man. I'd never let that funky sh*t near my press and b*tch slap anyone who tried. (In my press. I give not a f^ck what they do with their own equipment. I ain't smokin their rosin or any other weed they have ever again if I found out they did.)
why? It’s not going to infest your press dude!
I’ve trashed weed for less, but I’ve also had to sell the moldy stuff to put food on the table.
I would be ok though with someone doing a few presses of the product in my rosin press, reason why is anyone needing to press moldy bud is most likely in shitty times and I have been there. Morethen once.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
If you want outdoor weed without mold you have to grow them like an islander.Smaller plants that do not over grow themselves. Everytime I seethese outdoor plants with hundreds of branches one can only wonder why there would not be mold everywhere. Then you throw in a cold front and game over.
Same thing with indoor plants, massive plants equal massive mold attacks

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Outdoor is fine if it’s getting good air movement. Trouble is folks cover em to get flowering going so they don’t freeze before they finish up and end up making them humid as all piss at night.. definitely something your ol uncle has never done.. a good green house with a couple 1k cmh s at the roof for cloudy days and such would be tight. Controlling the environment and rh while using the sun would be a dream for me personally

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Also jokes aside, fuck mold. I know it’s hard but just toss it. Just do it. Unless you are actually homeless, reading this forum in McDonald’s and needing to get high more than you need your next breath k fine. God bless.

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

Probably the biggest damage is done sniffing the baggie. I read the canadians irradiate bud with gamma rays which would be similar to a microwave oven. Also read baking at 300° kills spores. “Food” for thought
Canadian here. The last thing i do before i send an order out is sterilize everything. It goes into a clear bag, then vacuum/heat sealed. Then the last thing i do is to out the bags under UV-C for 30 seconds each side AFTER the bag has been sealed. Now it is sterile until the customer breaks the seal. At which point, if you broke it, then you bought it 🤣

Top Bottom