Monkey paw anyone?

• Thread starter Kindone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GUNNDAB710

New to the site, I am a grower in southeast Michigan and just recently have started hearing a lot about the monkey paw again. Is there anyone in the Oakland County or Metro Detroit area that has grown or smoked the monkey paw that is going around right now? I have a chance to buy some clones of it and I am very sketchy about it being the real deal. I know the jazz club in Detroit has a strain called red monkey paw right now. Just was trying to find out if it was the same strain that was being grown in Detroit in the eighties and nineties? Thanks for reading guys.

S

Safaro

I only have veg pictures atm :/....It won't be for another month until I flip her, I am sorry I never really took pictures of my plants before, just kinda worried until now! I am not the only one who has this cut..It is passed around to a number of circles to keep it around :D

F

Flozell

Made a profile just to let people know that Monkey Paw is alive and well, grew up in NE Michigan, Macomb in the Armada, Capac, Memphis, Richmond, Romeo area. During my time there a few of my friends became aquatinted with an old, long haired, long bearded man that goes by a name related to the strain, and as far as I know is the originator of it having had entered it into many medical lists and into the cannabis cup as well. I learned all about it recently after they bought some from him. Just from knowing him and the stories I've heard I'd say that it fairs pretty well amongst all of the myths.

S

Safaro

Sorry it has been so long..I have her flowering out at the moment! She is really far in my room and in my srcog...At week 4, she has some time on her left but I will make sure to take pictures once she is done!! If anyone would like her, let me know for sharing is caring....

This was given to us by a respected guy in the cannabis world. I am young so I couldnt really really tell you its the real deal beisdes the story I have and the cut..This guy is super super into strain hunting and knows his stuff down to the littlest detail so I trust him...But you can always run her yourself and tell me what you think! :D

P.S the moroccan hash plant cut he gave me stands out from any of the new strain cuts I get and is a true joy..I have not ran the paw myself before this round but got them a the same time..My buddy was the one who got her (the paw) and we have traded now...We also have the paw crossed to mello. plat . gsc which cuts the time down a good amount!
jah bless

G

GUNNDAB710

Well if any fellow strain lovers have the real paw, and would like to donate or trade cuts I'm very interested in growing this elusive strain! I'm in the Metro Detroit area. I have a few very beautiful strains myself but would love to grow this old school strain that was thought to be gone!

G

GUNNDAB710

Also thanks for all your guys reply. I was really skeptical about all the people talking about the monkey paw period I just figured it was a new school strain with the name thrown on it.

7BALL

7BALL

Sorry it has been so long..I have her flowering out at the moment! She is really far in my room and in my srcog...At week 4, she has some time on her left but I will make sure to take pictures once she is done!! If anyone would like her, let me know for sharing is caring....

This was given to us by a respected guy in the cannabis world. I am young so I couldnt really really tell you its the real deal beisdes the story I have and the cut..This guy is super super into strain hunting and knows his stuff down to the littlest detail so I trust him...But you can always run her yourself and tell me what you think! :D

P.S the moroccan hash plant cut he gave me stands out from any of the new strain cuts I get and is a true joy..I have not ran the paw myself before this round but got them a the same time..My buddy was the one who got her (the paw) and we have traded now...We also have the paw crossed to mello. plat . gsc which cuts the time down a good amount!
jah bless
Ya give me a jingle, when she is ready.Card holder, by Three Rivers MI. Or wherever.This is my true medicine. Craig 260 416 9349

7BALL

7BALL

Old school Michigan cut. My homie picked it up from genotype I can't say that I personally know anything about it I just know it's old school if I were a breeder I'd prolly try crossing it to put Michigan on the map

It's already a Michigan old school, known to be originated in MI. So says Leafly.

7BALL

7BALL

It's hard for this Ole man to follow "threads". Seriously I'm in need of this strain. Smoked 3 grams only. It's the ticket. I'm ready to pay all I have for. believe at adamswells. com

monkey pawI

I have the monkey paw from the 80s,its a very difficult plant to grow,it demands what others dont,and i dont mean ferts ,every year i start seeds for the sole purpose of the monkey paw male polen,i have this strain pure and crossed with several other breads pure form is a very different buzz,its the devils eed

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Have a few clients asking for this monkey paw again. Anyone have a line on this mythical strain?

L

LYFETREE84

Hello my names LYFETREE84 I just joined the community because I was looking for information on a strain I got a bag seed from called Monkey Paw here in Michigan. I got It a little over year ago and have been holding onto it until recently iwhen I decided to grow it I'm 30+ days in veg and have been trying to find any information or tips on growing it and this seems to be the only thread on strain thats still alive and wondering if anyone has any information to share it would be greatly appreciated .

F

FloppyBudz

I have the Red Monkey Paw strain. A cross of MichiganRed (Columbian Red?) and Monkey Paw (Acapulco gold x Columbia Gold x Afghani). Pictures don't really do it justice, and it is the darkest plant by far in my room. It's sweet and fruity with sharp citrus notes, and just a hint of Banana. On the back-end the aftertaste seems like a very smooth blueberry and grape. Very pleased with the strain which I flowered for 9 weeks indoors, and yielded just under 14 ounces, a little less than my other 1 pound plants (Strawberry Diesel, GG4, Wedding Cake, Ghost Train Haze).

shaganja

shaganja

it was late eighties. weed was hard to come by in the u.p. we would go down state and pick up from flint, saginaw area. we went down to the hood in saginaw and waited in a driveway for a fuckin hour for the bag. we got a q.p. and then we headed out to the motel we were staying at. the next day i looked at this bud and it was BLACK! like actual black! were some grey silver in the bud, but for the most part, this bud was black! and it wasnt brick. it was little foxtailed black buds. no big nugs. this bud looked terrible. we thought it was monkey because it was black. i didnt put the foxtails together as a paw back then. was a kid. but now i get how they could look like a paw. it was like the brick mexican, but not the happy giggles, was more intense. had to babysit my buddies little brother after we burned a joint with him! lol i have since run black willie, after finding as much stuff as i could fin out about this strain, i think it might be the closest thing to it. and it has stalky nepal leaners, and kinda stringy vietnam black leaners. i love the vietnam phenos, they lift you right up. are very clear to point of becoming trippy. but it doesnt seem to feel like that weed did back in the day. thats my story on monkey paw.

Top Bottom