Monsanto buys Foxfarm?

• Thread starter StonerB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MILO SHAMMAS

A little bird told me that Monsanto has bought Fox farm. Has anyone else heard this, and can it be confirmed. If this is true im pouring that shit down the drain, and encourage others to do the same. Companies like Monsanto are the enemy of mankind and care only about money.
My name is Milo Lou Shammas and I own Dr. Earth. We are 100% independent of Scott's Miracle Gro and Monsanto and have never sold our company to anyone, nor are we for sale. I also know Willie the owner of Fox Farms personally and I also know he still independent of Scott's Miracle Gro and Monsanto. These are rumors thrown around by cyber bullies working for our competitors because they make terrible products and the only way they can stir things up is to spread ugly rumors that are lies and also don't do the organic community any justice. I AM HERE TO TELL EVERYONE FOR ONCE AND FOR ALL. DR. EARTH IS INDEPENDENT AND HAS NO AFFILIATION WITH MONSANTO OR SCOTT'S. The gentleman's comments above is the smartest one I have read today. Both Monsanto and Scott's are publicly traded companies and "everything" has to be disclosed to the shareholders or they can be fined millions of dollars. The internet is a beautiful platform to learn and grow, but its also a place where rumor-mills can be disseminated free of charge and hurt really good companies trying to do the right thing!

M

MILO SHAMMAS

A little bird told me that Monsanto has bought Fox farm. Has anyone else heard this, and can it be confirmed. If this is true im pouring that shit down the drain, and encourage others to do the same. Companies like Monsanto are the enemy of mankind and care only about money.
My name is Milo Lou Shammas and I own Dr. Earth. We are 100% independent of Scott's Miracle Gro and Monsanto and have never sold our company to anyone, nor are we for sale. I also know Willie the owner of Fox Farms personally and I also know he still independent of Scott's Miracle Gro and Monsanto. These are rumors thrown around by cyber bullies working for our competitors because they make terrible products and the only way they can stir things up is to spread ugly rumors that are lies and also don't do the organic community any justice. I AM HERE TO TELL EVERYONE FOR ONCE AND FOR ALL. DR. EARTH IS INDEPENDENT AND HAS NO AFFILIATION WITH MONSANTO OR SCOTT'S. The gentleman's comments above is the smartest one I have read today. Both Monsanto and Scott's are publicly traded companies and "everything" has to be disclosed to the shareholders or they can be fined millions of dollars. The internet is a beautiful platform to learn and grow, but its also a place where rumor-mills can be disseminated free of charge and hurt really good companies trying to do the right thing!

M

MILO SHAMMAS

Not true. A big lie. its also not true that Dr. Earth was ever sold. I have owned my company for 22 years as an independent.

urbanfog

urbanfog

LOVE my DR. Earth! Most all of my supplies are now from the Doc!!

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

Monsanto/Scotts are both publicly traded companies. There is no question such an acquisition would be publicized.

If the first 3 results google turns up on this come from MJ websites you can bet the damn farm (har har) that it didn't happen.

What is more likely:

A competitor leaked this rumor to gain an economic advantage over FF.

OR

Some dumbass just said it because they are dumb (my personal guess).

This is why i flamed the original poster. so tired of fucking morons on this site spreading misinformation, heresay, and nonsense. Notice how its always the new users/noobs that seem to have the most "knowledge" to drop on the forums?

This site was alot doper back in 08-09 when there were actual growers on here that were doing big things and posting real informative info. nonsense wasnt tolerated, noobs were called out immediately, and the hordes of know it all big time closet growers didnt discover the farm yet lol.

fractaLz

fractaLz

I know for an absolute FACT that Scotts Miracle-Gro was in talks to acquire Fox Farm. I don't know what the outcome was/is, but they were looking very seriously into acquiring them two years ago. This is not information from the rumor mill

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

I know for an absolute FACT that Scotts Miracle-Gro was in talks to acquire Fox Farm. I don't know what the outcome was/is, but they were looking very seriously into acquiring them two years ago. This is not information from the rumor mill

where is this information from, then?

lino

lino

Last time I turned over a bag of FoxFarm soil it had printed on the bag - causes Cancer - to many organic heavy metals for me - lol - i quit using it long time ago. Got a pile of dirt in the backyard that grows plants just as good.

Monsanto - during my internship I came to quick realization, the organic dept is not as profitable as the GMO labs. GMO products make money. GMO are saving lives and poisoning us all at the same time. And guess what? It is what the world invest in as compared to organics, GMOs rule the produce market.... Monsanto will be happy to sell it to us like ALL BIG COMPANIES would do. They are every bit as evil as oil, gas, Xcel and electrical company or any large company.

GMO labeling is joke! Monsanto has already fooled us because of our interpretation of a genetically modified organism. Monsanto took the public ignorance and have used many cell manipulation techniques that are not deemed GMO, but I'm sorry if I put a frogs ass at the base of your bud,,, well it went thru some extreme gene manipulation, but all of these techniques will be labeled safe for human consumption:

The methods of production of inter-specific hybrids in (word replaced) plants are categorized into four steps: (1) emasculation, (2) pollination, (3) rescue culture of immature embryo, and (4) confirmation of hybridity and ploidy level of the regenerated plants. Although most of the tested species have a heteromorphic self-incompatibility system, an emasculation step is usually needed to avoid self-pollination since self-incompatibility is not always complete. At the rescue culture step, addition of plant hormones (e.g., auxin, cytokinin, and gibberellin) to the culture medium is proved to be effective. The hybridity of the plants is efficiently confirmed at seedling stage by DNA analysis in addition to the comparison of morphological characters. The analysis of relative DNA contents by flow cytometry is easy and rapid technique to confirm hybridity and to estimate ploidy level and genomic combination. This is the 1st step to producing the perfect plant.... Doesnt sound very organic to me.... but read your GMO labels, it safe to eat... LOL ...

we have been genetically modified by Monsanto and other gov and seed companies for a long time. read about GMO sweetners and sugars , you cant avoid it! almost imposs... Your birth vaccines GM you. it almost impossible to find a humans that has not been GM,,, even monkeys (exposed to GMO consumption) have some DNA/RNA cross purity issues....

Last edited:
shoestring

shoestring

Ok. Fox farm started out as a small organic BASED nutrient company years ago. A mom and pop family operation that got a go with cannabis farmers. Through clever marketing and anticipation with the trends of indoor pot farmers they played the cards rite. Their original intentions were to supply nutirients to tomato and vegetable growers at first. The fancy labeling and direction towards dope growers picked up as revenue increased. I know where they came from. I know where they are. And they are not the only company like this.

shoestring

shoestring

As far as monsanto and nitrient companies like fox farm? I dont buy it. But hey..... I seen so damn many threads , heresays and rumors conscerning monsanto and the fledgling marijuana industry in the last few years it wouldnt suprise me. Alls i gotta say folks is yeah shits changing. Monsanto is ready and there. But its too early to be making conjecture. But believe this.....every rumor about big ag and big pharma getting in this mix bacause of the current roundabaout with medical states will and is coming to fruition. Our ''hobby'' if you will is mainstream front street rite now. And theres too much at stake$$$$$$ for these big cats to let it be. Colorado and Washington.... Mere test subjects like the deserts of the southwest during the manhattan project in the 50's.

ZONER

ZONER

Silly me, how do you pm on this website, lol
Go to top of screen and next to your name is a little envelope. Click on it and then click start a new conversation put the persons or persons name tag(s)if more than one person you want to message.

Latest posts

Top Bottom