Montana medical cannabis system questions

• Thread starter smokedareefer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
smokedareefer

smokedareefer

how does it work?

i have a friend thats a new card holder but everything about this system here is so hush hush that it dosen't seem legal at all.

my friend was asked on the application if they were going to use a provider or if they were going to be growing their own.

they responded on the app that they would be growing their own because they knew of no providers nor could they find any info or anything from the state about how to find a provider.

clones?? can they buy them?? if so then where?

craigs list was is a good source in a states like Co, Az, Cali but here in Montana there just seems to be no legal way for my friend to get their meds or even find anyone to share info about what to do or where to go for info.

the legal mmj system here in Montana is so screwed up that the only way to get meds/clones/seeds etc is to get them illegally. am i missing something when i read the statue?

whats my friend to do?

should they just move to a different state to simplify matters?

TIA

green punk

green punk

Yup, youre correct. They make you a criminal right out of the gate if you grow your own. No legal source for gentics. Also if you intend to grow for yourself you need tell the DPHHS where you intend to grow. If you rent you need to have a landlord permission slip notorized etc. too. Or you need to own the property. Otherwise you are just as illegal as a non card holding grower.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

clones?? can they buy them?? if so then where?

cannabeans

cannabeans

Yup, youre correct. They make you a criminal right out of the gate if you grow your own. No legal source for gentics. Also if you intend to grow for yourself you need tell the DPHHS where you intend to grow. If you rent you need to have a landlord permission slip notorized etc. too. Or you need to own the property. Otherwise you are just as illegal as a non card holding grower.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

That's a grey area anywhere.

How are dispensaries in Colorado growing sfv master kush blue dream all that.

Federal law broken somewhere everywhere

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

yes it is a grey area everywhere, but here in Montana, theres nothing,

in Az, all one has to do is a search on pheonix craigslist for "clones" and it returns 128 postings,

and in denver Co. cl you'll get 200 postings. but in billings, Mt. you'll get zero, dadda, zilch.

whats a 60 year old medical patient to do? go underground and look for some shady type characters to deal with and "trust" them that they can provide the medical type strains that is needed?

what would this post on cl bring?

"medical indica clones wanted"

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

Okay I think you're thinking a little backwards.

Craigslist -SHADY and fake 99%

anywhere other than Craigslist - less shady

If you put an ad on cl you're just gonna meet some rando?? What's if it's Leo?? Sounds like your taking yourself down the same street you're tryin to avoid. Montana had plenty of proper people still just gotta find em. And Craigslist ain't it I promise

BakedReality

BakedReality

Bean Poppin..
Supporter
yes it is a grey area everywhere, but here in Montana, theres nothing,

in Az, all one has to do is a search on pheonix craigslist for "clones" and it returns 128 postings,

and in denver Co. cl you'll get 200 postings. but in billings, Mt. you'll get zero, dadda, zilch.

whats a 60 year old medical patient to do? go underground and look for some shady type characters to deal with and "trust" them that they can provide the medical type strains that is needed?

what would this post on cl bring?

"medical indica clones wanted"

If you know it is a grey area.....why the issue? It's like it is anywhere...it's about who you know or someone that knows someone. Get out meet some heads...Montana is not dead! There is kill up there...and kill continues to be made and produced. A lot of cats right now doing there own projects... Check the forums...read the posts by people from Mt. you can find damn near any strain you want in them there hills....

I think you are forgetting the population difference...AZ and CO...hell jump over to Washington...you're right you can get it anywhere. Do some reading...Montanan's were basically raped not long ago...with less than 1 million people in the ENTIRE state...shoot they made a quick example up there of what can happen. I mean the debate is still on...and stuck in the courts. Hence why everyone went underground again. Oh and about the underground...not quite sure I follow your statement about going underground to find something...this industry started underground...there is still probably a bigger percentage underground. I would trust a grower from the underground sometimes before a shop. Shady characters...c'mon guy...what's shady to you might not be shady to someone else....you don't think the guy on craigslist is wondering what kinda shady person is gonna show up for clones. Just because they are a business doesn't mean there main focus wasn't on that paper....hell in Montana everyone jumped on the wagon...Lawyers...Real Estate brokers... you name it... they saw money to be made...and had money to invest where others didn't. It does not warrant that there products were better or verified/legit.

I do know they are pretty old school in Mt...coming out in a manner like this probably would not get you much...specially if you want legit stuff

If you are in Billings....why not just hop over the border then and grab some clones? what are you maybe 6-7 hours from Denver?

Sounds like you want it but don't wanna make it happen IMO...

There are shady characters of all walks of life...all one can do is navigate around the shady ones...

kushpig

kushpig

Do like me and order some seeds...maybe have them sent to a safe address....

B

BigSkyMtnGuy

Congratulations for wanting to follow the letter of the law. No legal way to purchase clones or seeds in MT. Maybe you could name a "provider" and get some bud that is seeded, then change your card so u are your own provider and grow out the seeds. Probably better to simply name a provider and get your medicine from them. The Department of Health and Human Services can provide you with a contact for a referral network, a business that matches patients with providers.

Top Bottom