Montana Specific Strains

• Thread starter Jack Dupp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

Hey all,

I am curious if anyone has some info on strains developed strictly in Montana.

The only one I know of is Bozeman Kush, and I have heard rumor of a strain called Gallatin Gold (?).

Is anyone attempting to breed a strain that is native to the Big Sky state?

Bonus points for pictures.

Thanks.

M

mountainman21

I think its the Gallatin green..a patient of mine says he has it..its supposed to be a old local strain...I have been working on a few..nothing to report yet though

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

That's it. Gallatin green. Thanks mountainman.

Will be eagerly awaiting news on your projects.

hotRod

hotRod

Gallatin Green was around for years in the 90s
Its a ECSD cut

Many folks just through their own name on stuff
for marketing

hotRod

hotRod

I have tried 3 different versions of the Bozeman Kush
It seems to be a water down version of super silver

wasn't impressed at all

FLB

FLB

Gallatin Green was around for years in the 90s
Its a ECSD cut

Many folks just through their own name on stuff
for marketing

I don't know who told you that but it is far from a ECSD cut. The real deal tasted nothing like it. The cut came from washington back in the early 80's. I have heard of these same reports that it is still around but I call bullshit. I smoked that shit for years so I know a lot about it and who brought it here. It fizzed out around 2001-2002. Not trying to ruffle your feathers bro just telling it like it is.

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

Thanks for chiming in hotRod and FLB.

hotRod - I heard the Bozeman Kush wasn't that strong, but it had a nice sweet flavor and a steady buzz. Is this correct in your opinion?

FLB - Do you have any idea what the Gallatin Green was a cross of? Did you get a chance to grow it?

M

mountainman21

I have the Bozeman Kush and it is very fine...one of the tastiest strains around...tangy and sweet and the high is excellent..strong enough and it hits you right behind the eyes, and good for pain relief. It purples up late in flower and has a very distinct spicy tangy aroma that invites you to have another!!!Savanalona could give us the real origins he runs it as well...not a big producer at all, but a keeper for sure.

hotRod

hotRod

Thanks for chiming in hotRod and FLB.

hotRod - I heard the Bozeman Kush wasn't that strong, but it had a nice sweet flavor and a steady buzz. Is this correct in your opinion?

FLB - Do you have any idea what the Gallatin Green was a cross of? Did you get a chance to grow it?

yes
the Boz Kush is weak but a decent sweet with a sour tangy undertone.

The GG that I had from '94-'02 tasted liked the ecsd IMO
Maybe the GG wasn't ecsd but had to be a cross IMO

Back in the 80s was a super skunk nothing like ecsd
amazing skunk smell and great fluffy bright green nuggs

hotRod

hotRod

I don't know who told you that but it is far from a ECSD cut. The real deal tasted nothing like it. The cut came from washington back in the early 80's. I have heard of these same reports that it is still around but I call bullshit. I smoked that shit for years so I know a lot about it and who brought it here. It fizzed out around 2001-2002. Not trying to ruffle your feathers bro just telling it like it is.

not ruffling feathers
its all about the dank

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

YES, MT BRED STRAINS LOVE IT!
First off props to the gallatin green, only smoked her a few times but she was awesome, piney if I remember right but flb can def elaborate as he knows more about her than anyone I know

Bozeman Kush: Whoa! If you don't like this strain then I think I must have you come by the shop and try mine, it is to die for. This strain has gained popularity so fast that people are calling all sorts of things bozeman kush that simply is not the true bozeman. It is also not at all a kush, its a haze. An accidental cross of purple erkel and silver kush (the silver kush that was predominately ssh), only one seed ever came from her. She is straight old school, a true hybrid grows like a sativa and buds look indica. Super stretchy, but wow what a flavor and as mountain man said it hits in the back of the eyes.

Next Mt strain, Silver Tip: The same brothers that brought the Bozeman Kush also brought the silver tip. An entire crop of gdp had 3 seeds that were accidentally crossed with someones ssh pollen. Out of the three seeds one was male and the other didn't take, the last one became the mt dispensary wonder child, silvertip. It was named after one of the brothers encounter with a mama grizzly, so that is something in and of itself. The silvertip has been one of the highest testing plants to my knowledge in thc in montana. It has a similar flavor to purps, just much more limey with a much bigger kick. Silvertip is one of our brightest mt strains, I just took down some epic st and bk hopefully I can get some photos up soon

Next Mt strain: Vicsfruit!!!!! This is the shit boys, hits like diesel but tastes like cherry candy. Even the biggest Sour Diesel snobs won't bat their eyes at this tasty chica! She is all that and then some, I also just took her down so photos soon! The cross is an unknown "lemon" variety from Ohio, it was accidentally touched with one of my og males, I believe. It truly was an accident, I was not breeding her at the time, but it came out so firey and unique that I will take any credit that I can. This strain can hold its own with the great ones, actually my avatar is a pic of the first nugs I ever did of her!

FLB

FLB

nice little write up sanvanalona. I wasn't aware the tip was from MT which I like much more than the urkel. It packs way more of a punch and I hear it is on demand at all the shops. Might have to check out this Vicsfruit if I'm ever up that way.
I am going to have to console with my old grouchy ass vet buddy and get the whole low down on the GG again. I don't want to spread bullshit. In its glory days it was a one hit wonder. I believe it was a skunk/NL or afghani cross. The Connie Chung has similar bud structure/crystal content but the chemo that is sold around the clubs reminds me of the taste. Straight up piney, fresh organic dirt/cow shit taste. I can still remember that taste so vividly. It's one of those you will never forget. I used to live in CO, been to the dam and smoked plenty of cali import. Still nothing has ever came close to the GG in taste/stone. Rest In Peace sweet girl. Cali has some of the best to offer from my past experiences. That is changing.

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

Thanks for the great history on the Big Sky buds savanalona, and for adding two strains. This is what I was looking for.

That Silver Tip sounds awesome.

cannabeans

cannabeans

no smell!!!

Any info on Purple Cole Trinity? Bags of it looks similar to silvertip.

I don't know what most growers in Bozeman are doing... there is so much gorgeous, but fragrance-free pot here, Purple Cole and Silvertip have been getting passed in front me of on several occasions recently, and every time, no smell at all! Hope they turned out a lot better for you sanvana.

When I open a jar/bag, I want to recoil in shock and awe as I sneeze repeatedly, reaching for a tissue to catch the water pouring from my eyes like a fountain.

Because everybody has been trimming the meds while they are wet!!!!! Try curing them with all the leaves on, and trim them right before the go to market!!! That will release the aromas u are looking for!!!!

FLB

FLB

It's called greedy bastards haole. Nobody takes the time or they don't know how to cure the meds correctly. It takes wks to months to get a good cure. I have seen caregivers with dry crispy meds 2-3 days after harvest. They must hang their shit by their exhaust fans off the hoods. Bag appeal looks great till you smoke some, no smell and harsh as fuck. Were talking all the designer names out there too. Then add in fact that is still hot and not flushed at all. Bunch of fools

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Any info on Purple Cole Trinity? Bags of it looks similar to silvertip.

I don't know what most growers in Bozeman are doing... there is so much gorgeous, but fragrance-free pot here, Purple Cole and Silvertip have been getting passed in front me of on several occasions recently, and every time, no smell at all! Hope they turned out a lot better for you sanvana.

When I open a jar/bag, I want to recoil in shock and awe as I sneeze repeatedly, reaching for a tissue to catch the water pouring from my eyes like a fountain.

Purple cole trinintiy, P.C.T. I know only a little about the origins, and since I cannot verify anything other than a guy named cole had something to do with the strain I won't delve to deeply into the origin, but I have plenty of experience growing her.
If you want a strain that will finish naturally in the second to third week of september in MT then you probably want to try the p.c.t. As far as the sneezing goes well you probably have the same allergies as me, I am absolutely allergic to P.C.T., no other strain does this to me. Even in veg, if I touch the leafs I break out in hives, some real weird shit. I am not the only one either, two of my trimmers can no longer trim her due to their allergies, she really carries some pollen on her. Due to my allergies I will no longer be running her, she is awesome to grow though and I am giving out as many clones as I possibly can, just to keep the strain alive. P.C.T. can be pulled down in as early as 42 days, if you let it go 50 the purple really comes on. So if anyone out there wants to give her a run, stop by the shop and get some cuts!

FLB, if you ever make it to Missoula please give me a call. I really would love to shoot the shit in person and let you try my Vicsfruit, its quite the delight! Oh and any info on the gallatin green would be much appreciated, hopefully you can get your buddy to give us all a history lesson!

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

It's called greedy bastards haole. Nobody takes the time or they don't know how to cure the meds correctly. It takes wks to months to get a good cure. I have seen caregivers with dry crispy meds 2-3 days after harvest. They must hang their shit by their exhaust fans off the hoods. Bag appeal looks great till you smoke some, no smell and harsh as fuck. Were talking all the designer names out there too. Then add in fact that is still hot and not flushed at all. Bunch of fools

No doubt this is what happens when cannabis becomes cannabusiness. I have seen so many unflushed items lately, really discouraging. I think the problem with curing is that our limits are so light, and since leo doesn't recognize "curing" medicine that its difficult to let a crop sit. That said, there is absolutely no reason for flash drying, shit our air is so dry here that one or two extra days on the rack can really cause some damage.

The WET TRIM: Never really see too much of this in Cali, but holy shit it seems that every grower here trims wet, not sure why other than its easier for trimmers. I love to let the plant do what I refer to as "vine ripen". Leave that lady alone with all of her fan leafs for at least a week, then trim, always better flavor and more crystal content, albeit a little more difficult to trim.

cannabeans

cannabeans

working on some new ones!

heres what im working on
mk ultra x mk ultra = mk2
durban poison x afghan kush= durban kush
williams wonders x bubblegum= wonderbubble
afghan kush x bubblegum= ?????
bubba kush x deep chunk x grape krush= canna b's kush
auto mazar x auto mazar= auto montana 75 days from seed

theses are the seeds i have now!!!!
and ive got some new males im working with now!

deadhead og male
sour og male
bubba kush x deep chunk male

[email protected]

Top Bottom