Montana Specific Strains

• Thread starter Jack Dupp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LuvBuds erby

LuvBuds erby

That is a real nice cross LuvBuds~

I've never grown Sour D before, but I can sure see the Silvertip in her. Those beautiful geometric shaped triangles in the buds, and the frostiness on it. Looks great.

Nice review also. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you brother really means a lot that you recognize the the 3 growing geometries she is holding within her DNA

LuvBuds erby

LuvBuds erby

So, Which Sour D is this from? AJ's, or the one that floats around here in here in 5 valleys, or the one that is Daywrecker ... that also resides here in the 5 valley area? And, is it reversed? Where the pollen come from?

The sourtip started as A what they call old stress pollination from the Sour D onto the Silvertip. Most hermie pollen does not work in allowing non hermie off Springs. Now there are certain codes in the DNA that allow feminized crossing to be stable and even IBL now the silvertip I strongly believe is one of those strains that carry's no allele when it comes to Hermie tendacies and there are studies that show 1 out of every 100 may have the stable code to breed feminized with no hermie offspring, through my common sense I knew the OLD STRESS would not create a hermie offSpring, (YES FEMINIZED) but not hermie especially being onto the Silvertip. Old stress is not like light pollution stress or over manicuring stress, which will cause hermie pollen and hermie offspring, if this was the case it wouldn't even be a viable code for the plant's to use. So I grew out the one germinated seed out of two ironically like the Silvertip and it was amazing, Stable and worth keeping, So I extended the breed into my hands, pulled out a clone from the original made a feminized male and pollinated the SourTip in with itself another generation to Stabilize it and create MORE seed. I have had plants around the Sourtip and Silvertip hermie from light stress over feeding over manicuring and still they are two thatmade it all the way to the end, with only one anther being on the Sourtip through a bunch of stress,, very good if you ask me, So she is a stabilized feminized breed with way less stress tendencies then other IBL's. More crosses (feminized and non are in the near future like Silvertip and Golden PineApple :)

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Erby I'm in the big sky and have a silvertip x pre2k blueberry... I'd really really love to trade pictures with you or meet up

green punk

green punk

@LuvBuds erby , so if Im following you, the "oldstress" is letting them flower on and on till they herm and self pollinate.? If not that, what is it? And as for carrying no Allele, the result is a Homozygous offspring.

And the "feminized male", I'm trying to understand this. Is this when a male is reversed with STS or CS and then pollinated.

I am interested. Thanks for sharing.

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Sorry if my pm bother Ed
You erby. I won't adress you ever again. Sad considering we are in the same state breeding the same silvertip strain. Nice
Seeing your stuff

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
St x Pre bb and jus some reg st
Can you tell which is the cross ;)

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

Anyone have info on a Montana strain called Good Medicine? I pulled this from a seed site.

Good Medicine high cbd marijuana seed Did you think that sought-after high-CBD strains are only found in California? Think again.“Good Medicine,” a CBD-rich strain grown in Montana, is aptly named because of its excellent healing properties.Good Medicine was a happy accident. Jolly Roger, the proud owner, had bought seeds of the strain at an online fundraising auction years baasck. He had the seeds for awhile until he started growing them. Initially, he was impressed with general high quality of the trichome-covered, purple herb. He noticed the favorable medicinal effects of the new strain and decided to have it tested. Good Medicine turned out to have a relatively low THC content compared to some of the most potent strains, but to be rich in CBD (9.03% CBD to 8.2%THC ratio, as tested by CannabAnalysis in Missoula). The origins of this strain are Blueberry Trainwreck (aka “Derailed Blues”) crossed with Ogre, which is a special Sensi Star phenotype. Roger commented on the strain’s characteristics: “It is a very smooth easy-smoking strain. Not all harsh. The effect is also a smooth transition with a medium time frame onset to peak, say several minutes. The relaxing/almost narcotic pain reducing effects are also immediate. That is balanced with a very pleasant uplifting feeling which gives one energy without any over stimulating effects.One can get things done.” Good Medicine’s reputation has not gone unnoticed. It was discussed at the October 2010 Montana State Medical Marijuana Growers Convention in Helena. Since the original creator of the plant lost interest in the strain, Jolly Roger is now the proud owner of these genetics. Good Medicine has sticky buds that are very dense and covered in crystals. This strain is easy to grow and needs average nutrients. Its branches are tall and spindly. The overall diameter is relatively thin, but the heavy buds form densely and beautifully. Good Medicine grows indoors and can reach 7 feet tall. The strain is a good producer and takes about 65 days to mature. Jolly Roger has found Good Medicine to be just that. It has been reported that this strain has been very beneficial for those with neuropathic pain. One patient said it was the most effective medicine she has tried to date, including pharmaceuticals. It has also been reported to aid in providing relief for back pain. Roger’s patients, himself included, use it for back problems and find it very effective. Another one of Roger’s patients with Irritable Bowel Syndrome said that Good Medicine helped relieve the nausea and cramping caused by his illness. Rose Habib of CannabAnalysis is excited about the upcoming harvest of Good Medicine. This was the first CBD-rich strain that was brought to her lab. Habib had been researching CBD for some time and was surprised and impressed with Good Medicine’s test results. She is interested in testing the strain again to see if it retains the same CBD/THC ratio. She is looking to create an extract of Good Medicine that can provide pain relief without unwanted psychoactivity. With the new hype about this Montana grown strain, people can hope to see more Good Medicine available to those who need it.

Can anyone confirm this strain is still around the Treasure State?

LuvBuds erby

LuvBuds erby

I am open to sharing photos :) I have some new pics coming up of some silvertip. I just crossed her with some Vics's fruit Pollen (feminized) as well as back crossed her back into the to (hopefully). The Grapey limey Silvertip flavor back into it :). That Blueberry cross Looks like Candy!! To explain shortly the Sourtip is a feminized cross with that has been stabilized into an F2 and yes holds common genetic traits making it very stable

K

Kali Ma

Man that sounds delicious! I had a steady hook for the Ogre for awhile and it was straight fire, one of my favs of all time! Good to hear about fellow Montanans working on high CBD strains.

K

Kali Ma

doesn't look quite as tight or neon greenish as the ogre. Those Ogre nugs were rock solid mini little christmas trees that need no presents underneath

LuvBuds erby

LuvBuds erby

I have smoked a lot of herb from quite a few different places MT fam, and I have to tell you I believe MT has some of the nicest I have smoked. Thank you :) I am faithfully wishing to try some of that blueberry silvertip :) as well getting my new cross out, Vic's Fruit with Silvertip,, My faithful wishes and first breeders taste suggest it will be up the banana terpene ally,, Just what I have been looking for,, Another one I am looking at is Pine Apple and Silvertip :) I am excited to be releasing these strains next year :) Peace and Love MT family. Keep it real and at Heart :)

K

Kali Ma

I hope to get some good early finishing outdoors for next summer as I only had some old seeds to work with this year. I would love to grow that Ogre but I'd be worried about bud rot here if I had to green house it. It's been a pretty solid summer for outdoor in the NW part of the state, except for that one 23 degree night mid Sept. that had me sweatin bullets and tending my plants all night. Been working on a cross between Elephants Ear and Ducksfoot for a few years now and it's looking like one of the best I've got in the garden. OG kush, GDP, Canna Dolce, Elephants Ear and one unknown Indica strain are all doing well, oh and a hawaiin Goo that is just filling out now, she'll be pushing it, even in the temporary greenhouse I erected just for her. But the High CBD canna dolce is the most purple plant I've ever seen!

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

V FRUIT!!!! Absolutely amazing cherry chemey smoke, Some of the best herb I have been blessed to grow. Found these photos. Happy to Share!!
Well well!!!!! This is my beloved "vicsfruit" strain!!!! She is absolutely lovely and I miss her so dearly. I have plans to release cuts to the masses this summer! She needs to be grown by all who love fruit/cherry flavor with a diesel style kick!!!!! I love her! Great photos @LuvBuds erby

Top Bottom