More Deaths....maybe.

• Thread starter Connor Sewer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Connor Sewer

Connor Sewer

What are your thoughts? Yes there are other factors that can lead to this (which i believe are at play. not a MD tho), but specifcally lets talk about the pot.

What is the actual research in terms of heart stuff? I would read it, but then id get paranoid lol. Does vaping (no smoke) have the same complications (i would assume not) as smoke would?

If you are just going to come in here and list a whole bunch of shit as to why these people are dumb then dont bother posting. I want actual truthful conversation, not bias.

https://www.today.com/health/family-believes-marijuana-killed-their-healthy-son-t115183

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
What are your thoughts? Yes there are other factors that can lead to this (which i believe are at play. not a MD tho), but specifcally lets talk about the pot.

What is the actual research in terms of heart stuff? I would read it, but then id get paranoid lol. Does vaping (no smoke) have the same complications (i would assume not) as smoke would?

If you are just going to come in here and list a whole bunch of shit as to why these people are dumb then dont bother posting. I want actual truthful conversation, not bias.

https://www.today.com/health/family-believes-marijuana-killed-their-healthy-son-t115183
Sounds like some good pot.... i bet they didnt even test for opioids

Connor Sewer

Connor Sewer

Sounds like some good pot.... i bet they didnt even test for opioids

IDK, dont have the full tox-screen posted. Can hydro chemicals (ive seen it tossed around) cause a bad reaction like this? Is growing organic the only way? Would flushing before harvest flush it out enough to where even if you used hydro chemicals they wouldnt be present in the plant after flush?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
IDK, dont have the full tox-screen posted. Can hydro chemicals (ive seen it tossed around) cause a bad reaction like this? Is growing organic the only way? Would flushing before harvest flush it out enough to where even if you used hydro chemicals they wouldnt be present in the plant after flush?
Maybe long tern smoking nutes and pesticides. ... but this is the first death from weed ever in the world i think.

Connor Sewer

Connor Sewer

Maybe long tern smoking nutes and pesticides. ... but this is the first death from weed ever in the world i think.

if its really from weed only, who actually knows the full story. ME was inconclusive according to the story. How does flushing actually work?

xenon730

xenon730

Are you just writing a paper about this or just looking for drama or something related? He used cannabis regularly for ibs and his death had not been attributed to cannabis by anything other than today And that writer. This wasnt a first time cannabis user, he has been using it for years for ibs. Did you even Google more about it or read the whole article? Like last time, you're just looking for someone to reaffirm that people die from cannabis, and they don't! If you have genetic risk for arrythmia and smoke cannabis or take adderall or get drunk, you may die, but people don't die from panic attacks normally from cannabis or anything else. Period. Your idea is rudimentary and not some new idea. I've been discussing this with doctors for decades, people have known since cannabis has been used that it can increase heart rate. This isn't a new concept and if there was anything to it, it would be blasted all over like it is with stimulants. People don't die purely from cannabis use, even if they panic. Get over it. People don't die from panic or anxiety or small heartrate increases commonly either. Your choice of cannabis vs caffeine, energy drinks, and add medication for increasing heart rate is also laughable.

Last edited:
Monster762

Monster762

People don't die from weed. Period. If they did it would been discovered wayyy before the hunt to take shots at legalization. Now yes it can cause lung damage over time and other things but so can breathing the air outside nowadays. There is more to this than is being revealed. Someone on a hunt found a way to take a shot at marijuana and didn't look any further. Happens all the time. People diagnosed wrong because drs pin it on the first and easiest thing. It's all about getting the cases off their desks. Very little is actually detailed anymore. People always look for the easy way out.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
People don't die from weed. Period. If they did it would been discovered wayyy before the hunt to take shots at legalization. Now yes it can cause lung damage over time and other things but so can breathing the air outside nowadays. There is more to this than is being revealed. Someone on a hunt found a way to take a shot at marijuana and didn't look any further. Happens all the time. People diagnosed wrong because drs pin it on the first and easiest thing. It's all about getting the cases off their desks. Very little is actually detailed anymore. People always look for the easy way out.
Haha great point... ill smoke weed till my lungs collapse before breathing LA air my whole life... if it killed someone. .. it would have been exposed for the drug war for sure!!!!

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

@Connor Sewer did you even read the entire article? It doesn't even seem like a thing if you read the entire piece.

“Although there is scarce research that indicates smoking cannabis can evoke cardiovascular complications, one is unable to attribute the ‘Cause of Death’ was due to smoking cannabis,” Shaikh wrote in a letter to New Jersey state senator Thomas Kean after an inquiry.

“In my opinion, it is highly warranted that family members consult a geneticist and possibly consider cardiovascular genetic testing for hereditary causes of cardiac arrhythmia,” Shaikh added in the letter, which the Ziobros provided to NBC News. His office did not immediately respond to NBC's request for further comment.

P

PharmHand

@Connor Sewer did you even read the entire article? It doesn't even seem like a thing if you read the entire piece.

“Although there is scarce research that indicates smoking cannabis can evoke cardiovascular complications, one is unable to attribute the ‘Cause of Death’ was due to smoking cannabis,” Shaikh wrote in a letter to New Jersey state senator Thomas Kean after an inquiry.

“In my opinion, it is highly warranted that family members consult a geneticist and possibly consider cardiovascular genetic testing for hereditary causes of cardiac arrhythmia,” Shaikh added in the letter, which the Ziobros provided to NBC News. His office did not immediately respond to NBC's request for further comment.
According to the article THE PARENTS think cannabis killed their son. Not the medical examiner, not a pathologist- the parents are NOT doctors. This article is pure conjecture aimed at fearful soccer moms. Why invite discussion about an article full of bias and void of anything new? @Connor Sewer look up alcohol related deaths. An alcoholic can literally die from quitting drinking cold turkey

Connor Sewer

Connor Sewer

@xenon730 ....uh no im not. This is the second thread you are in of mine and you have the same fuckin attitude. I cant just ask what peoples opinion are and if they have some other facts im not aware of? So fuck you, and get off my dick when i make threads about it and ask for opinions. Cuz there will be more bitch.

As for the others, yes i read the article. Did you read any of my other posts? Read my other posts before you go acting like some intellectual wannabe. If you would have read them, you would have read how I stated, from the fucking article, how the ME said it was inconclusive. So bolding exactly what the ME said from the article, as if i didnt fuckin read it, is misguided.

Last edited:
G gnome

G gnome

Are you just writing a paper about this or just looking for drama or something related? He used cannabis regularly for ibs and his death had not been attributed to cannabis by anything other than today And that writer. This wasnt a first time cannabis user, he has been using it for years for ibs. Did you even Google more about it or read the whole article? Like last time, you're just looking for someone to reaffirm that people die from cannabis, and they don't! If you have genetic risk for arrythmia and smoke cannabis or take adderall or get drunk, you may die, but people don't die from panic attacks normally from cannabis or anything else. Period. Your idea is rudimentary and not some new idea. I've been discussing this with doctors for decades, people have known since cannabis has been used that it can increase heart rate. This isn't a new concept and if there was anything to it, it would be blasted all over like it is with stimulants. People don't die purely from cannabis use, even if they panic. Get over it. People don't die from panic or anxiety or small heartrate increases commonly either. Your choice of cannabis vs caffeine, energy drinks, and add medication for increasing heart rate is also laughable.

U know what else increases heart rate? Jogging and scary movies!!!

Top Bottom