Most Efficient Method For Increasing Humidity

• Thread starter PharmHand
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G gnome

G gnome

Might b too late but u cud check out whats reffered to as an "evaporative" humidifier.
They're relatively inexpensive

planesane

planesane

Might b too late but u cud check out whats reffered to as an "evaporative" humidifier.
They're relatively inexpensive
Can u recommend one that would work well in my 20*20 room with a 5ton and 10 1k lights? My humidity can get low 30 high 20

Last edited:
D

DrDankPHD

Helping a friend design and build a new room and I'm trying to determine the best method for humidification. I've used big ultrasonics (mainland mart ones), centrifugal types (hydrofogger)and I'm aware of the steam types (aprilaire) but they all have their drawbacks. Steam uses a shit ton of power and makes heat not very efficient, the centrifugal kinds spit big drops and soak whatever's near it plus don't work well, the ultrasonics use a lot of juice to get them putting out enough humidity......
After seeing how quickly my paint sprayer can fill a room with fog I'm thinking mechanical/pressurized fog is the way to go in terms of fog per watt so to speak. Ultra fine sized droplets too.
Is there anyone out there using pressurized water misting to increase humidity? Or does anyone else have a better idea? Any advice is appreciated, thanks:D Peace
Rooms about 20x20

Fogger. Small humidifier. Won't do it. You'll need 20 of them.

H

heisen

I've only use ultrasonic fogger system in the past. Always great/perfect results every time. Houseofhydro.com (John), owner) great guy. Always good to talk to.

I've used their 3, 9, and 13 disc units. They do suck some juice though. But having perfect VDP and growth is well worth it.
Did you use the humidity controller that comes with there kits or did you order a seperate one?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I used their 80mm waterproof fan and their speed controller (voltage controller) to adjust the RH. I always have 3x temp/rh gauges hung canopy height in all rooms. I go by what those say.

Jsalazar

Jsalazar

I have use the mainland humidifier and the ideal air humidifier, they pretty much output the same capacity they are good just buy oversized. If your willing to spend some money check out this company fogco.com is expensive but has the better option

Top Bottom