Mother Plants Blooming Under 24hr Light

• Thread starter DocYama
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DocYama

DocYama

My mother plants are starting to bud and they are under 24 hour light. Is this normal or something to stress over..

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Not normal but it happens, defoliate, start heavy ni feed like 16-16-16
Add silica, cal mag , humic, Lower lights closer to canopy
Increase intensity
Increase temp
Increase humidity to 65%

That’s what I do when this happens

rootexcess

rootexcess

What are your light stats (PAR, DLI)? What kind of light are you using?

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
For mother’s 700w
Puts out about 600 par on center to about 150 4’ cube
Viaspectra using blue wave with red and white at 25%
I have about 100 of these for my mothers , each mother gets one

39665156 0A81 4D1A 8405 B7F57415BEFF
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Btw I prefer flowering mothers to clone from. Monster cropping.
I get cuts from flowering plants , and the mothers under full light I use to perpetuate the strain. All clones are from flowering plants. Takes longer cycles but man the branching off the get go is phenomenal.
Key in veg is adding 2 more weeks to veg.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Monsters cropped clones
One week post transplant. In super soil 1gals, og kush here in this pic

E40D2988 9EE0 4AEC 8D69 2DA1E045ADFC
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Btw I prefer flowering mothers to clone from. Monster cropping.
I get cuts from flowering plants , and the mothers under full light I use to perpetuate the strain. All clones are from flowering plants. Takes longer cycles but man the branching off the get go is phenomenal.
Key in veg is adding 2 more weeks to veg.

I was wondering about that. No wonder it takes longer for your clones to root. Not a bad idea tho. I like it.

rootexcess

rootexcess

How many plants, how high above canopy and how many lights? Proper coverage? Are there a lot of shadowed areas within the canopy? Has the canopy been thinned out thoroughly for light penetration? Is it flowering on the top, sides, inside or all over? I know this sounds like a lot of questions, but I ask because improper lighting can yield forced flowering (or some unknown space between flower/veg). Also, how tall are the moms and what's the pot size? Pics may be helpful honestly.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
How many plants, how high above canopy and how many lights? Proper coverage? Are there a lot of shadowed areas within the canopy? Has the canopy been thinned out thoroughly for light penetration? Is it flowering on the top, sides, inside or all over? I know this sounds like a lot of questions, but I ask because improper lighting can yield forced flowering (or some unknown space between flower/veg). Also, how tall are the moms and what's the pot size? Pics may be helpful honestly.
Agee 100% shandowing along with light cycle change if in outdoor greenhouse all of those factors you described would combine to cause issues

Last edited:
rootexcess

rootexcess

Doc, I looked at your other thread and I'm seeing some very unkept mothers. The tallest one could be cut down a significant amount and it looks like it really needs a heavy pruning. A better/closer photo would help.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Doc, I looked at your other thread and I'm seeing some very unkept mothers. The tallest one could be cut down a significant amount and it looks like it really needs a heavy pruning. A better/closer photo would help.
I top all my mothers to keep em flat. Clones are taken from lowers anyway so no sense letting her get tall.

DocYama

DocYama

This makes sense, I need to trim them up. I will get on that and post pictures when it's done.

DocYama

DocYama

Here is a couple and there very bushy. Definitely need a leafcutting

20180912 225612
20180912 225621
DocYama

DocYama

Trimmed them up a bit didnt crop top of large mother yet.. cloning soon. Getting much better light penetration now

20180913 085641
20180913 085652
20180913 085651
CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Your photo period has to be messed up then. If I were u I'd get someone to help with your new adventure. If your already asking these questions your big flower room will be a challenge in all honesty .I grow big rooms it's not exactly simple .

DocYama

DocYama

Your photo period has to be messed up then. If I were u I'd get someone to help with your new adventure. If your already asking these questions your big flower room will be a challenge in all honesty .I grow big rooms it's not exactly simple .

Well that's easier said then done . That's why I'm in these forums. I do have 2 experienced growers a phone call away that can stop by. But I prefer to work it out the best I can before I have to call them over. Plus you folks have extensive knowledge in this community.. I mean isnt that what a grow forums about. Community and Comradeship

rootexcess

rootexcess

As we had mentioned before. Think upside down Christmas tree. Chop off all that excess branching on the bottom. I'd probably take it up 1-2 feet honestly. That mom is a mess, no offense.

Latest posts

Top Bottom