Mounting Inline Duct Fan + Insulate

• Thread starter CBDfutute4
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

hello guys

Just got a 6" can max, very nice fan, quiet.

Very happy for 120. I will have a filter at the very top of the closet I'm using. Will keep that hi to pull in heat. The fan hole I have to exit will be mid level height. I cannot make a hole in the top of the room

I did that n went into real living space already. Lol, drywall work anyone ?

So I will mount it 3" up on the far right side, pull air threw the filter up top and route it into a dead space I have next to it. It will make 90 bend going out into the next area.

From there it goes into another closet with airflow.

One question, where do I exactly need insulated ducting??

From the pull side the fan is very quiet. So I figured regular flex ducting from filter to fan(being pulled) than 10ft of insulated, roughly the amount I to need to run threw the dead space to the next closet. Then switch over to reg flex duct to the bathfan I will have in the next closet. Which would be about 2-4ft of flex duct. There would be some 45 bends when I go from one closet to dead space, to the exiting closet.

That one has a French door setup with slits going the length of the doors.

I bend up a full size bath towel up, using 80% if it mounting it on the wall. It's not 5 inch think than. No vibes, just really worried how it should be ducted to be as quiet as possible

Good a wife the voices her opinion.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

That doesn't sound like it's going to be a lot of airflow with that small pipe going long and all those bends. Not to be rude but it sounds like it's going to be like a vacuum cleaner

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

It will be 6 inch...??

The fan itself is very quiet. Even at the max speed at 335cfm.

I have a 12ft run total, 1 90 bend, 2-3 45 bends. And I'll be using a 60-70cfm bath fan to pull on the other end.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

What size is the area you're trying to ventilate? And what kind of lighting?Most people don't realize they need a lot more air flow.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I would suggest when you get it up and running put a record keeping thermometer where your canopy is If temperatures go above 78 you may need to put a booster fan on the other end of the pipe. And maybe even a booster fan where your fresh air comes in.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

It will probably be okay during veg if your temperature is go up to 85 or 90 but at flower you may need to add those booster fans to keep your Temps down otherwise it will cause you to have loose bud that is not very potent as well.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

4.5 x 5 x 8.5 basement closet.

Tri level house, naturally cooler down there. Lights are 1 cheap 300 w led, 7 23w cfl bulbs, 2 4" t5, 6500. I don't plan on more for a while.

With just keeping the door cracked + 2 desk fans I keep it 82 lights on, 73-76 lights off

My exhaust is above, German 6" can fan. 4" intake fan mounted lower left part of closet. Exhaust mounted mid level right side but running duct to top of room to a filter. About 11-12 ft total run for the exhaust but I'm picking up a light bath fan to pull the air threw the 12ft run.

I've mounted the fan on the wall to test it for viberations, with a bath towel wrapped up into a 5 inch deep pad. On high you just get the slightest bit.

It's nothing compared to when my heat it ac turns on. Those fans are much louder in my semi older home. I'm more concerned about the ducting I need to use.

I was 100% set on insulated but after hearing how quiet the fan is I think I can use 50/50 insulated and non.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

You're just going to have to get a set up and use that record keeping thermometer add those booster fans if needed. Temperature is crucial

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

So I will have a 135 cfm intake. Plus what gets under the door.

335 cfm exhaust fan, + 60-90 cfm bath fan as a booster to pull air. Exhaust will pull threw filter and push the rest of the 12ft to the bath fan that's pulling.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

This is my first time around, sometimes droppy leaves n others they look very good.

20yr smoker/vapes. I have a buddy whose an electrician helping my build n have a experienced buddy who use grown good stuff for years. He's on me on temps too.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

It might work in an area that small but it is always better to have too much ventilation and back it off as needed. Once you get your lights all up and running and everything closed up you'll see that there is quite a bit of heat generated in there. The record-keeping thermometer will let you know what the highest temperature was in there.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

This is my first time around, sometimes droppy leaves n others they look very good.

20yr smoker/vapes. I have a buddy whose an electrician helping my build n have a experienced buddy who use grown good stuff for years. He's on me on temps too.
Sounds good. Another thing is you might want to put a filter on the intake of your room especially if you have pets so that hair and stuff doesn't get drawn-in and stick to your buds. That's just another reason that you would need more powerful air flow

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

I will have a carbon filter hanging from the ceiling.

I'm pulling air threw that, then running it across my dead space (it's my feed n return for my heat n ac, low ceiling, but good airflow in there.

Home was built in 1958, I have some tiny Hvac leaks in there. Plus I plan to put a 9" desk fan in there on medium setting n then drywallung it up. Then the bath fan pulling the air that the can fan is pushing.

My plants are almost 2ft, started them june 1st. Lights are all setup. I just crack the door, the only difference between how it is now n when im 100% done will be my filter running to exhaust, running threw dead space, then bath fan pulling it out.

Plus desk fan in there to keep good airflow n prevent any mositure.

So I'll be replacing two desk fans with 335 cfm can fan, 135 intake blower fan, 75cfm bath fan........but door will be closed n locked

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Sounds good. Another thing is you might want to put a filter on the intake of your room especially if you have pets so that hair and stuff doesn't get drawn-in and stick to your buds. That's just another reason that you would need more powerful air flow

I will.
It's back in the corner of my basement

It's actually behind a couch too. I thought u ment exhaust fan. My buddy whose the ele already made a screen/cloth type diy filter that barely effects airflow.

I plan on running the intake fan on high 15 min on, 7-8min off during the day.

Then 15min on, 15 off at night.

Exhaust pretty much 24/7 on low, medium with lights on.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

IMG 1392
IMG 1388
IMG 1379

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

First is the empty space run

Next is what's happening to the lowest leaves on the plants. Idk y aside not enough lower light n temps. I ph 6.0, 50:50 coco n soil, 16oz water a day each plant, in 1 gal fabric pots with lots of low airflow to rid bugs n moisture. Humidity 40%.

Last is pic of setup. Have t5 instead of t12 now, plus double the Mylar. That was taken 3wks back.

Also 6 instead of 4, extra cfls too

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Somebody please. Take a smoke break n lend a newcomer a hand.

Have a wife who complains daily

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

What is the NPK number on the bottle that you are feeding?

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

My leaf issue is worked out for the most part.

Concerned about the ductwork n how to run it with keeping it quiet.

I mixed two fertilizers n calmag. I'll look them up soon

I'm easy on those tho. Just a good shot of calmag because of the coco. Main concern is setting up fans, running ductwork n keeping it quiet so then I can drywall it up and cover my tracks to the misses.

I thought I could outsmart everyone n get away in a closed closet with just fans n airflow coming from under a door. So that's how I sold things
Just anxious to getting this setup up properly once n for all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom