Mr.real's Grow Spot

• Thread starter Mr.Real
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.Real

Mr.Real

Hey dopers it's been a bit. Have had trouble uploading photos which makes it had to show what's up. Next week after my plants come down I am rebuilding my grow room completely.
Currently the space is 10x10 cut in half. Veg one side, flower on the other. It's running 2 1000w cool tubes. Ventilation is filter fan both lights to outside.

Changing it to 10x10 flower room. Venting change outside to outside through the cool tube 8". 6" exhaust from the room only. 4ft x8 ft raised bed going to be no till organic. I am going to run ac in this space.

Mr.Real

Mr.Real

Ive been busy. Rebuilt the grow room while I was afk
Built a 4 by 9 notill raised bed in my 9 by 10 room. 36 cf of dirt to grow in. 2 1k lights 8" vented hoods draw fresh air from outside back to outside. Carbon filter through 6" line outside. Passive intake to the room.

So the dirt. 12 cf was Reamended dirt that was previously used. 1/3 peat, perlite and compost. It was originally made with Gaia green fertilizer and top dressed with carbonatite and more Gaia green bloom and general perpous.
24 cf made from 6cf peat, 2 cf coco coir, 8 cf rice hulls, 4 cf sheep manure compost and 4 cf leaf compost.
For every cubic foot (cf) of soil got:
1/2 cup kelp meal
1/2 cup crab meal
1/2 cup neam cake
1c gypsum
1c oyster shell flour
3c of various rock dusts
(Equal parts basalt, azomite, Adamite, wollastonite)

The plan now it to water it nicely, plant a cover crop, top dress with organic matter and plant 24 clones.

I plan to alternate malted barley teas with sprouted corn teas with worm compost , kelp meal, neam meal, silicate and fulvic acid.

I have lots of nettles, yarrow and some comfrey to top dress with as well as a worm bin to add worms and eggs to the newly made beds.

I have been lightly watering the soil to evenly moisten the new peat. I have a sprouted barley tea and worm compost tea going that I am going to water with tomorrow. Mulch, worms, living mulch and new cuts are going in on Monday to get this party started. Stay tuned for more updates.
The covercrop mix I have is 1/3 peas, oats and buckwheat. With that I have mixed the end of bag of garden seeds I have that I am not using anymore. Beets, turnips, Kale, chard etc. All will be chopped and allowed to become part of the mulch layer. I want to maintain a diverse group of plants growing at all times. Cycle as many plants in this soil (carbon cycling) as possible, in order to keep the nutrients taken in by the plants cycled back to the soil through the bacteria and worms. Stay tuned for more...

IMG 0862
Mr.Real

Mr.Real

So the bed got fed a malted barley and worm castings tea multi species cover crop seeded in and covered with hay. Clones are planted. The clones look like shit but all have good root systems. Each of the clones was dusted with mycorrhizae before going in.

I just want to say little about my greenhouse build and it falling on its face. Was shooting photos with a phone and it kept not letting me post photos to the website. It got too far behind so I gave up on posting about it. It got planted out with a cover and it establishing itself.

IMG 0868
Mr.Real

Mr.Real

Clones have been slow to take off. This was expected with the way they looked going in. The cover crop is coming in nicely. Most of the growth is buckwheat coming up and the grass looking stuff is oats. Both are very fast growers. All the growth has been cut back from the clones in there.This is 6 days.
Compost tea was given on wednesday and Friday. Just worm compost and sprouted barley.
Tomorrow they will get a worm compost and sprouted corn tea with neem and kelp flour with silicate.

IMG 0894
IMG 0895
IMG 0896
Mr.Real

Mr.Real

A little over 2 weeks in veg. They were topped a couple days ago. Cutting the grass is about the hardest part right now. I might smother the oats and plant slower growing clover now. I really wanted to get some fast growing plants started to get some structure to the newly made soil.
Comments and suggestions are welcome.

IMG 0917
IMG 0918
IMG 0919
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

In my greenhouse I am getting set up to grow next year. I live in canada so we are getting into winter here atm. I am doing a write up about this bed build in my greenhouse as it's the same bed I am going to put in my growroom except I don't have to do any of it on the down low. I'll get to some pics of my indoor grow room soon enough. Strains I am growing currently are blue dream, critical kush and Malawi. I also am starting some candida seeds right now as well
if it were me,i wouldnt plant my weed right by my tomato plants,i grow outdoors and every damn bug under the sun love my tomato plants,lmao

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I'll keep that in mind. I'm hoping if and when they legalize up here I can grow a dedicated greenhouse just for my herb.
if you doing ipm's relegiuosly no problem,but my outdoor garden gets hammered every year,and to big for pest management on a schedule if you dig,,you might look at it this way too,the tomato plants are better bait than the herb dig,just to be on safe side i wouldnt put them beside the tomato plants

Mr.Real

Mr.Real

if you doing ipm's relegiuosly no problem,but my outdoor garden gets hammered every year,and to big for pest management on a schedule if you dig,,you might look at it this way too,the tomato plants are better bait than the herb dig,just to be on safe side i wouldnt put them beside the tomato plants
Knock on wood, 2 seasons growing in the greenhouse my tomatoes have not had any bug issues. Peppers on the other hand have had mites and aphids more than once.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Knock on wood, 2 seasons growing in the greenhouse my tomatoes have not had any bug issues. Peppers on the other hand have had mites and aphids more than once.
i had potato bugs on mine this year,finally got ride of them and got some peppers,lmao,got to keep in mind the blit them maters get too

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

id put them in the same bed as my beans and peas,they produce nitrogen for the soil

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

id put them in the same bed as my beans and peas,they produce nitrogen for the soil
my bush beans get about 2ft tall max and purple hull peas send out runners thick as sticks,second reason is them bugs will get them beans before your weed if you dig

Mr.Real

Mr.Real

Ok I'm looking for some input today. I am getting a fair amount of fungus gnats. My question is about watering. Everywhere I read about watering 10% soil volume every other day. 3.3 gal for me at this rate. I have been watering this or less every other day or third day if I forget or am busy. What should I change to reduce the fungus gnats without letting my soil dry out.
I see people using mosquito dunks for gnats. Is this good or bad for my no till bed. Suggestions please.

Mr.Real

Mr.Real

The whole bed is slightly tilted towards the drain end. The plywood sags where the drain is located. There is a bunch of lava rocks on and around the drain hole. I've never had water come out of the drain when watering. I've been using less water more often to keep the soil moist
Safer yellow sticky traps.
I have been using sticky traps. Almost always do just to see what's going on.

IMG 0859
IMG 0861
Mr.Real

Mr.Real

I have a heavy mulch layer on top with living mulch growing through it. I have a crop duster that I have put diatomaceous earth over the mulch layer recently. Ima let it dry on the surface as best I can without it being bone dry. Some bugs aren't a problem, what I have is definatelly a problem for me

Top Bottom