Mt cup......lets do this

• Thread starter sanvanalona
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Alright boys, who is down to do this. I have got a location outside of bozeman that is willing to house it, I also have friends to take care of the music side of things. I am thinking an open cup, to anyone with a medical card from any state. So this thread is for suggestions of how, when, and how to go about it. This what I think, seperate divisions for indoor and outdoor, sativa and indica, and then an overall. So any suggestions boys, lets get this going!

kootenainatural

kootenainatural

Savage
Supporter
i geuss il move this here sorry

if you wanted to do a cup it would have to be strain specific and it would have to be a growers cup not a breeders cup with section like 1.train wreck 2.purple urkle 3.white widow and so on then soil, coco,hydro and if you wanted to go futher you could break down hydro there's just not enugh breeders locally to have the kinda cup most peaple think about but a growers competition thats somthing else that way closet growers all the way to the ware house growers can enter as long as there growing the strains specified

highersolutions

highersolutions

Premium Member
Supporter
You know I'm down just let me know when, where and give me enough time to get some proper nugs ready. Let me know if I could do anything to help [email protected]

We could do strain specific for a grower cup or I could run some of my own in house crosses for a breeder cup, either way

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I think strain specific would be really difficult, just because even with something common like widow there would be too many differing phenos. Also there are so many people growing unique varities, I know you have quite a few, that I would want all the variety possible to get entered. I think Indica/sativa categories do a good job of seperating the strains, and it would be nice to see the best indica and sats in Mt, as well as an overall one that would honor the best.
I agree though Kootenai, it would be a growers cup and not breeders one, not enough breeders in Mt, we just would have to figure out how we can do this with a max of an ounce per variety, since patients are limited to one ounce.

This has been up for just a few minutes and we already have some response, I think we can do this. I really don't care about the particulars, as long as we can all get together and have a friendly competition.

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

I'll throw my 2 cents in.

I like the idea of a growers' cup and not limiting it to caregivers. This will help bring out some hidden talent.

Personally I would like to see this limited to MT growers to compete in, but any cardholder could attend. I'm not against opening it up to other states, but maybe the first one limit it so that new growers won't feel intimidated going up against Cali. or Colorado heavyweights.

I would also recommend keeping it as simple as possible the first run. Judging indoor/outdoor, best Sativa, best Indica, and overall + 2nd and 3rd places in each would be best.

I am excited about this project. Count on my support. I will help in any way I can.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Id love to be there - sounds like a good time for a road trip!

Ill pm you my email - if theres anything i can do to help out let me know

hotRod

hotRod

I can help in any way
I live in the Bozeman area so let me know what I can do

sounds fun and a great way to build the community

M

MSL Foundation

I would keep it to just your state as that would be asking/promoting smuggling cross state lines with cannabis...Your inviting people to get busted across the country.

Great Idea and good luck with it.

Keep it Montana

My 2 cents.

M

mountainman21

This sounds like a great idea! I am stoked to enter and am stoked to see what others are creating. Will everyone who enters be a judge? Or will there be a panel of judges and everyone get to taste? I like the idea of a indoor/outdoor comp as well as a indica sattiva. We might think about a few strain specific comps as well. I think that testing is a must and that grow mediums should be in separate categories. Hydro vs dirt doesn't really seem like a good comp... The method of ingestion should be considered as well...vapor or joint or pipe or bubbler??? Does everyone need to pay a entrance fee to cover costs? What can we do to prevent leo from joining? I like the idea of keeping it to montana folks only...It might be easiest to keep it to caregivers, but i agree that there are some patients out there that are killing it, yet are we competing with patients or are we competing with each other..? Or are we just trying to get together and smoke a ton of cannabis and pat each other on the back for jobs well done? Either way I am down...let's make this happen

F

fractalluvbuds

This is a fabulous idea. I am sure NORMAL would also be down to get in on it. I don't see why certain magazine companies wouldn't want to get a scoop on it as well.

It would be a really good opportunity to bring people together, and it will allow many people to experience AMAZING strains of medical cannabis that they wouldn't be able to try otherwise. A committee would have t be made, and security organized.

I like the hybrid category idea, as well as indica and sativa categories. I don't see why there couldn't be a category for the breeders, even if only 5 stains are entered to judge it would expand the imaginative process of possibilities with marijuana strains. And it gives more excitement and entertainment to judges. It would also be another unique thing to represent Montana medical. Definitely is exciting! LETS DO THIS!!! :)

S

strawD

just say the word and make some plans and get some flyers up you'll have a HUGE turnout i know at least a few people that will show up and bring it!

BakedReality

BakedReality

Bean Poppin..
Supporter
I'll throw my 2 cents in.

I like the idea of a growers' cup and not limiting it to caregivers. This will help bring out some hidden talent.

Personally I would like to see this limited to MT growers to compete in, but any cardholder could attend. I'm not against opening it up to other states, but maybe the first one limit it so that new growers won't feel intimidated going up against Cali. or Colorado heavyweights.

I would also recommend keeping it as simple as possible the first run. Judging indoor/outdoor, best Sativa, best Indica, and overall + 2nd and 3rd places in each would be best.

I am excited about this project. Count on my support. I will help in any way I can.

I agree that the Cup should not be limited to Caregivers...there might be a patient that stomps everybody!

I think the grow should be done in Montana and entered by a Montana Card Holder...this is the Montana Cup right! Sure let out of staters check our fire but not take over OUR CUP!

I agree with simplicity for the first year... just not sure about categories

A more generic strain specific category is almost a neccesity... like all Urkle Mix...all Kush Mixes...BlueBerry's...etc. We have to set a bar for the best specific strain in each category for the state. This is how we make names for ourselves in this industry. Think about it ...not doing strain specific because of too many phenos...isn't that what the cups were made for?

I really have to agree with Fractall! We have to have a Breeder's Cup...again only to be entered by Montanan's. Like I said we have to set the bar somewhere...if we don't start it now...then when. I also agree if there were only like 5 breeds.....that's not bad for first year, still have to set the bar for Montana. This is the true way to get our names out their as elite growers, have to start somewhere. Speaking as a grower, and other growers comment as you want.....when we come across another grower or someone knowledgable about strains, we load them a bowl and wait for them to hit it and smack it around in their mouth. All while we watch with such deep concentration, almost impatiently waiting on the reaction we are about to recieve......this category would trully set the bar for Montana Medical Marijuana Strains....let's show off our fire

What about judges? great thought would be to get guest judges here... most of us have some elite genetics...like OGR's gear for example...What if we could get the actual breeders here to judge their own gear? Awesome thought since Montana does honor all cards

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

O.k. this sounds like we can do this, here is what i am thinking:

A MT grown only cup, all participants must be patients or caregivers for a minimum of three months, this should help eliminate any leo. While the medicine will be grown by people from MT, since our laws allow out of state patients then we should allow them to judge too. I would like to do this with no profit, basically if you enter I think that you plus one person would be allowed to attend. We can have a seperate category for dispensaries and patients, indica and sativa, outdoor and indoor, and then a special mt breeders cup. Anything more will just get too confusing I think.
Not so much of a competition, but a friendly competiton get together and awakening of the MT community. The question to me is timing, I really think that if we dont do this before legislature reconvenes in the middle of January that this might not be able to happen. Also, due to the amount of entered product, this comp might have to be very limited, to like only one hundred people/judges. This would allow the patients to enter their legal amount and then for everyone to be able to try. I think method of injestion is up to the judges, we all have our own way of judging. I know that the magazine Cannabis Now will attend and write up on the comp.

I also think that anyone on this site should be able to get a guest judge pass, up to like ten or so people.
What dates do you think we can do this? I am thinking soon like Jan 10th, but that very well may be too early for everyone.
So lets figure out a feasible date for everyone, concrete it, then everyone can start pm'ing me for rsvp's. I will happily print flyers, and do all the leg work necessary, any help would be much appreciated in that area too. Maybe we can do it over a weekend and that might allow patients to enter more than an ounce? I think the winners can happily claim the best medicine in the state, and I will see about a winners interview in Cannabis Now which seems to make sense to me.

In no way am I telling people to cross state lines with their medicine, please don't break any laws

I am so excited on this possibility, it has long been a dream of mine! It would be nice to have a super special guest judge as well, say Raskal, Swerve, Logic, anyone along those lines. I know that Adam from thseeds is in CO, so maybe him too.
These are all just initial ideas, subject to change based off of what you guys think.
We are going to do this!

BakedReality

BakedReality

Bean Poppin..
Supporter
I agree friendly competition...but still competition....bragging rights are up here...LMAO

I also have to agree about the earlier the better really, yeah some of us may not be ready like we would like to be.....but gotta start somewhere. Some people could have a years notice and not be ready. I say we have to start somewhere and set the par....and get better from there...let's get it on the books and go from there. If we wait to take a poll on who's ready, most are gonna say not ready because of short notice...Let's Just Do It!...even better true test of growers with an impromptu competition.

Really the forum has not yet taken off....I know there are a lot more growers in the woodworks...maybe this will draw them to the scene.

Sanvan- if you need help with flyers...my wife works at a print shop Yo!...I can check on a discount depending on size of order...and I will help with leg work if need it.

Out of curiousity....Did anyone goto the Cup that was arranged this year?

highersolutions

highersolutions

Premium Member
Supporter
I like all the ideas so far except the timing. It would be nice to get it done before the legislature reconvenes but I for one would not be ready. I would only be able to contribute a small portion of what I could unless I had more time. It will be hard for smaller caregivers and patients to be ready on such short notice.We should try and make this a yearly event and therefore set it on a more reasonable date. Considering it will be held in Bozeman I think lots of caregivers on the Eastern side of the state(or out of staters) might not make the travel because of weather and road conditions but who knows.

If i'm the only one who dosent care for the timing and it is held around Jan 10. Then I guess I will just contribute what I have and next year its on lol.

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

We can have a seperate category for dispensaries and patients, indica and sativa, outdoor and indoor, and then a special mt breeders cup. Anything more will just get too confusing I think.

I agree with this ^^. I was thinking that it should have a 50/50 Sat/Indy category, but for the sake of simplicity can we say that if it is Indy dom. then it would go in the Indica category and so on..

I was talking to an acquaintance this weekend who has just finished making a documentary about Hemp. I told him about what is in the works and he would like to make a 30 min. documentary about the Montana Cup. He is a local Missoula boy and a smoker, so I don't think his intention is to portray this in a bad light. Let me know if everyone thinks this is a good idea or not. He would need a heads-up to get the ball rolling.

Also, just to throw out a radical idea... On the topic of LEO. How about we invite them? :surprised Let them see that we are all responsible adults who are trying to promote a Montana based industry and a world wide cause. I'm sure some of the people involved with LEAP (Law Enforcement Against Prohibition) would be interested. I'm just saying that we aren't planning anything illegal, so why should we hide from LEO as if we are? Loose lips sink ships and no one will keep something this big from LEO. Secrecy will only make them curious as to whether illegal activities are taking place.

I also would like to start a discussion as to the goals of this event. This way we can set some guidelines to follow and see where this is taking us.

I will start:

1)To identify and recognize the best medicinal cannabis strains grown in Montana. (Indoor/Outdoor, Sativa/Indica, Best overall)

2) To identify and recognize the best Cannabis breeders in Montana.

3) To network with fellow patients, growers, and caregivers in Montana.

4) To network with fellow patients, growers, and caregivers outside of Montana.

5) To have a great time.

I am 100% committed to this event. I can't wait!

F

fractalluvbuds

I am 100% in as well. This will be a very amazing event! The sooner the better I agree with, If there is any way I could help let me know.

I believe it would also be good to judge the strains on how well they grow, flowering times, and medical properties if possible.

kootenainatural

kootenainatural

Savage
Supporter
i think the first time out should be some what privet a meet and greet cup so to speak for one it may not go down right the first time out this way we can learn from our mistakes in privet id sure hate for some one to fuck up and get plasterd all over the news its hard enugh to be a caregiver now as it is do to bad publicity id much rather have the option to say to my fellow caregiver are patient hey you shouldnt do that were trying to be legit here oposed to LEO ecorting some one off the premisis in front of a news team

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I have some friends who planned a med cup - do yourselves a big favor and dont try and do this on such short notice - just getting a venue hammered down could be a bitch.

Latest posts

Top Bottom