Mtf

• Thread starter Green Supreme
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dunge

Dunge

AM I reading that MTF is an outdoor finisher in Palmer?
Does it auto flower? Even a fast finisher would need to start flowering long before the sun would give any hints of a fall season.
I would love to grow some of this in Fairbanks.

I

Iuseholmtown

the true mtf straign was all smoked up, the only thing that is left of mtf is hybrids

R

red x

i have to disagree
the cut i have, is the same cut mtfsandman had in the day

B

Bluenote

I've got the og mtf. It was given to me in84' when I graduated from high school. I used to get 15000$ a lb for it in Alaska. It is a thick, indica dom pheno, turns a bluish lavender, and smells like french roast coffee with fruity pebbles in it? Best I can do for a description. Will post something when I've got a cam. I've been crossing and growing thes hybrids of mtf, and all the best cuts I've deemed worthy for 25yrs. We have decided to make these availiable sometime in 12'. I am far from computer literate so I will post pics when I have a trusted friend to help.

Uh Huh. Sure thing. You might convince *some* folks here that you got 15 gs a lb , you sure won't convince * me* or any of the other folks with significant north country experience of it.

And what you're describing is just the Indica cut running around during that era , which had it's source in NorCal and Seattle and first came to Port Alexander , Sitka and Kodiak in the early '80s or something much like it.

As has been pointed out the Thunderfuck is more of a generic name for weed from the far north than anything else , face it most folks from the lower 48 would look pretty befuddled if ya said " GlenAllen Green" or Kuskokwim Kush or Denali Dirt Weed or some other placenamed name
...though there was a guy up above Fairbanks that used to do. indoor indica he called the " Trappers Nap" , what's my point?

Well that I don't personally believe that there is ONE true strain that carries the Matanuska Thunderfuck label , there was a LOT of smoke being grown in the '70s and there was a lot of variation in what individuals in the area kept dependent upon equally variable criteria.

M

mrhouston907

Exactly bluenote, I'm here right now looking at the snow. The only way any one get 15000 a pound is if they ship it to a dry village, and even then I've never heard above 8000. Thunderfuck was all Alaskan weed back then. It was higher quality than most cause it had to be grown indoors. Unless I SEE proof, it's b.s., period. 15000, really.

index

index

It's still kicking my uncle in anchorage has some ladies, it's a very horded clone only cut if you have seen seeds they are fakes.

reeldrag

reeldrag

dude i grew up in a small town called TOK how perfect is that and yes thier are about 20 strains that people called MTF so yes you could still get mtf only problem is its gonna be 20 different types not one specific pheno evryone thinks they have thee MTF there is not just one mtf just like all the blue berry that was running around I'm positive that every blue berry didn't come out of DJ short's stable if ya picking up what I'm throwing down

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Dr. Greenthumb in BC claims to have stock of the original and sells MTF seeds under that name.

zeke

zeke

Old doc claims a lot .... I got my " ATF" cut for free from a young guy that claimed he got it from an old dude that had it forever. Got it in Washington state, Tacoma to be exact. Finishes outside here as good as anything west of the Cascades. Mine is take able at six weeks if I didn't know 8 was better. It is definitely Indica. Dark green almost blueish. With cold nights and maturity it gets a purple tinge. Mostly the leaves but it creeps into the flowers too. Smells juniper like. When curing it smells like a cat pissed. That dissipates as it cures. I don't even care if its "real" cause its actually good and sells well.

MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

I received the ATF 4 or 5 years ago from a patient who wanted me to grow it for him at my MMC. It always throws a few random beans(3 or 4) per 1/4 pound. Who knows what it really is but it's an amazing plant. I've heard the MTF, or ATF.......same thing according to legend:blackeye:.........just means any killer bud grown from the Matsu valley.

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
Old doc claims a lot .... I got my " ATF" cut for free from a young guy that claimed he got it from an old dude that had it forever. Got it in Washington state, Tacoma to be exact. Finishes outside here as good as anything west of the Cascades. Mine is take able at six weeks if I didn't know 8 was better. It is definitely Indica. Dark green almost blueish. With cold nights and maturity it gets a purple tinge. Mostly the leaves but it creeps into the flowers too. Smells juniper like. When curing it smells like a cat pissed. That dissipates as it cures. I don't even care if its "real" cause its actually good and sells well.
do you still have it @zeke? I live in Tacoma and passed a number of cuts out years ago.ATF is a frost monster and if you don't have a bagful of trichs when you are done, it ain't ATF.yes TF was just like saying "the kills".i really miss her

tweedy

tweedy

Anyone familiar with Golf Bud? Apparently there was a MTF x Golf Bud cross that ended up in Oregon and is known as "Tangerine" or Tange. I'm 90% sure it's what I'm running and I'd like to know more about the genetic makeup if possible. My tangerine fits the bill as far as I can tell. The indica from the Golf Bud definitely shows in structure but the flowers/leaves are sativa/ruderalis all day.

tromak

tromak

You can can get seeds from a cut. Even if you only have females. In fact itspart of the process modern seedbanks use to get feminized seeds. Mtf is sadly just a legend now. Dr.greenthumb swears up and down that theirs is the real deal. I've emailed them about it. Who knows

S

sgbfcoop

This has been a top 5 for me to collect or even just experience. It's like a ghost!

bsb

bsb

grew a cross of it back in like 98...got from my brother (good friend of mine) that is from eagle river and grew up there...the original from what I heard was held tightly by the "bikers" and had a "stable" of it down in mountain view...and yep, back then all there was "was" the mtf....and alot of Hawaiian strains that would come around....this "cross" was a lime green and grew baseball bats....loved miracle grow....and was super easy....me, personally I know about "TOK" and the blueberry that shit was for real...as was the nikiski nuclear nuggets, soldotna red man, "the gird"...that shit is correct because everybody knew it came "from the old hippie down on ....road or the bandana dan down on the keni".....Me I miss the "gird"...shit was fluffy, lime green...sticky... and you would get a quarter for 80, and it looked like a half....skunky as hell, and always around...or the afghani that tasted like licorice and incense...chillin' at chair 5 or hangin' out at the brown bear...or that nasty ass strip club in willow creek....lol....oh, the good ol' days....personally, I had the mtf and cat would only sells grams....shit had bright orange and red hairs....tasted like wet pine, and skunky/hazey....rock hard, and dank as f.ck...we where goin' to the ASF in palmer, and 2 rips was so messed up had to let my cousin drive....Although, one time in portage, met this biker dude....and we where with these chicks and they talked this cat into given' us a bowl.....that my friend was the best I had up there...for sure...although, never got a bad bag up there....NEVER....been to amsterdam, and the shit didn't even compare.....that is my 2 cents...and hope it is still around....but who knows?

Top Bottom