Multi-fan Speed Controller

• Thread starter xinobyte
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xinobyte

xinobyte

I'm looking to buy 2x 6inch duct boosters, one for intake and one for a long & bendy exhaust.

I'd like to use a speed controller and set the fans to 50% speed, what would be the most efficient way ? I tried searching multi-fan speed controller online but came up empty.

-Buying 2x speed controllers
-Plugging a power bar into the one i already
-Buying something else

Madmax

Madmax

if you have not bought your fans already hyperfans come with speed controllers.
+1 for phresh hyperfans.i have a 90 deg bend in my exhaust .i bought exhaust fan 3 times the cfm of inlet fan to make up the loss because of bend.but more so so i can run it at lower speed so it quieter they are reasonably noisy at full speed.old pic ive put mine into ceiling
20180912 153856

dan1989

dan1989

Depending on your fan, a speed controller could possibly cause the fan to make a terrible screeching sound when running slow, that's why I only buy RVK fans they are deathly quiet AND speed controllable

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
if you have the dinero Variac does the job very quietly with no annoying hum like cheaper titans or lesser controllers.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
if you have the dinero Variac does the job very quietly with no annoying hum like cheaper titans or lesser controllers.

My titan never caused a hum.

In fact I passed it on to a friend and his can fan is so quiet at idle you cant even tell its on... crazy how quiet it is.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
My titan never caused a hum.

In fact I passed it on to a friend and his can fan is so quiet at idle you cant even tell its on... crazy how quiet it is.
do the research, seems a efficiency advocate such as yourself would pick the variac over a titan. Was your friends fan even running?????

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
do the research, seems a efficiency advocate such as yourself would pick the variac over a titan. Was your friends fan even running?????

His fan is running and varying its speed everyday I'm over. its whisper quiet , yet we still feel the air blowing out of the duct when hanging out.

I looked the variac, but I didn't like how it wasn't a variable speed setup. it has no temperature probe & only stays at the speed you set it to.

I'm not sure why yours did what it did, but on my 4" & 6" canfan it worked excellent & on my friends 6" identical can fan it does great.

Top Bottom