Multi Harvesting My Budzilla Plant?

• Thread starter dan1989
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
dan1989

dan1989

Hi gang, I'll bet that this has been covered but can't find the right keywords. Some of you may have seen that I'm doing a single plant grow. I've read that you can harvest the top buds at harvest time, lower the lights down and let the rest of the plant mature. In my experience, there was a noticeable difference in potency between buds from the top of the plant compared to the lower. I would say that if the top colas have cloudy amber trichs, this does not necessarily mean that the lower ones will be at the same stage. So how about it? I said I would be experimenting with this plant and this sounds like a brilliant way to maximise yield. My question is...does the theory match reality?

N

Newber

Sup dood, yes, you can cut top colas and leave rest to ripen until you are satisfied with the trichs. But u have to post a pic, unwritten rule :mushtache:

dan1989

dan1989

Sup dood, yes, you can cut top colas and leave rest to ripen until you are satisfied with the trichs. But u have to post a pic, unwritten rule :mushtache:

You just wrote it bro ;) I've been here long enough, pics or it didn't happen...

dan1989

dan1989

I've read people doing staged harvests but it'd be cool to see if the lower buds get anymore growth on them. Good luck.

Luck of the Irish? :) thanks. If I can think of somewhere separate to dry, I'll definitely be giving it a go

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I've read about that for years. I'd be worried about the plant throwing nanners from being stressed having her top harvested. I'm sure it will work out fine either way.

Probably take 2 weeks for nanners to start growing to be of any concern. By that time, 2 weeks should have ripened the lower colas enough.

dan1989

dan1989

I've read about that for years. I'd be worried about the plant throwing nanners from being stressed having her top harvested. I'm sure it will work out fine either way.

Worse comes to it I throw away the popcorn and learn a lesson. May as well give it a go, only one plant and at least I get some bud out of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom