My 200w Cob 3x3 Tent

• Thread starter weariedjuggl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
weariedjuggl

weariedjuggl

Yeah man the first two plants i wasnt thrilled with. Resin content was certainly there. But the master kush was too bushy for light penetration and the moby dick got chopped a few weeks early cuz of hermying.... that being said, i got an ounce and a half of nice nugs and an ounce of larf from the master kush. The stuff that was smaller i just threw in the trim bag.

I keep all the larf in a tupperware for rolling joints. Ive got a big mix of strains in there and the joints are always a surprise. I always go for the mystery flavor with dum dums and this feels the same ;)

Im leaving the other two plants in that tent for another week or so. Im imagining an ounce and a half to two ounces from each.

From here on out ill be vegging the girls for less time and flower earlier. The lights i built have no lenses and i dont have the penetration. I think ill still easily reach the same yield cuz i literally threw away half that master kush.

This is my first run flowering with these lights and im excited to test them out some more. I have a few more 2.5x2.5ft tents with identical lights so ill be posting some picks from some of those experiments as well :)

weariedjuggl

weariedjuggl

Amazing for just 4 cobs!Id be interested in some dried weights if you get that far.Im putting a parts list together for 44 cobs now,so damn expensive but the results are hard to deny,nice job.

Goodluck with the order! You gonna use the guy on alibaba to order the parts? Id certainly recommend him. If its not from there let me know cuz i can dig up his website for you when im not on my phone...

Are you going with cxb? Which model? So you know i use individual cumputer heatsinks for my cobs but id recommend getting bigger heatsinks from heatsinkusa to fit all of them on together. My wiring hangs out in the air and it looks novice as hell...

weariedjuggl

weariedjuggl

yea those cobs are turning out some decent looking buds. They look pretty dense and frosty!!!
Thank you! Yeah I'm pretty sure that anything less than 1 gpw lies in my domain. These cobs put out a silly amount of light compared to their wattage... If I can get 6-7 ounces per tent with these lights I'll be so flippin stoked. Unfortunately with the loss of Moby Dick this round I think I'll get about 5 ounces or just under.

weariedjuggl

weariedjuggl

One of my other tents with a gorilla glue in a 10 gallon smart pot and two sour jacks in 5 gallon smart pots.
20160504 073513

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Goodluck with the order! You gonna use the guy on alibaba to order the parts? Id certainly recommend him. If its not from there let me know cuz i can dig up his website for you when im not on my phone...

Are you going with cxb? Which model? So you know i use individual cumputer heatsinks for my cobs but id recommend getting bigger heatsinks from heatsinkusa to fit all of them on together. My wiring hangs out in the air and it looks novice as hell...
Gonna go with the cxb3590s,Once i figure it all out ill try jerry at kingbrite But PLC (thanks Six)has decent prices on the cobs,holders and reflectors in US,looking to find the best price on the meanwells and heatsinks now.Im gonna go passive with the pin style heatsinks.
You are killing it getting those kind of yields out of 4 cobs!Ive had my head stuck in the sand over LED for so long but the cobs are changing that now,if it werent for the cost i think these would take over grow lighting.The thing is if you pay more up front you get so much back in energy savings,yield etc etc.My rooms are 12x12 but if i was a tent grower i think id buy the plc 6 cob and never look back,for the price its a good deal and alot of people dont want a DIY project.

weariedjuggl

weariedjuggl

Gonna go with the cxb3590s,Once i figure it all out ill try jerry at kingbrite But PLC (thanks Six)has decent prices on the cobs,holders and reflectors in US,looking to find the best price on the meanwells and heatsinks now.Im gonna go passive with the pin style heatsinks.
You are killing it getting those kind of yields out of 4 cobs!Ive had my head stuck in the sand over LED for so long but the cobs are changing that now,if it werent for the cost i think these would take over grow lighting.The thing is if you pay more up front you get so much back in energy savings,yield etc etc.My rooms are 12x12 but if i was a tent grower i think id buy the plc 6 cob and never look back,for the price its a good deal and alot of people dont want a DIY project.
I hear you on that...if i do it again ill probably go for some of the pre assembled lights. Time is valuable and ive spent a lot of hours researching,ordering, and then building. I definitely saved actual money with my diy fixtures but i lost a lot of valuable time.

That being said....im rather proud of what ive done

weariedjuggl

weariedjuggl

Also i dealt with kingbrite and it was a breeze. Jerry is professional and easy to work with.

weariedjuggl

weariedjuggl

The candyland got a little dry a couple weeks ago and toppled over from the weight so I have her tied to one of the tent poles. She is gonna come out at the same time as the northern lights cuz I wanna flower another 4 plants in their place.
20160512 075201
20160512 075209

Toaster79

Toaster79

Cool beans. Dig the light :D Where did you get the idea from. I'm also running 4x CXB3070 but at 2100mA on two LPC 150 drivers in a 1x1m tent.

Whos Moby Dick was that?

weariedjuggl

weariedjuggl

Cool beans. Dig the light :D Where did you get the idea from. I'm also running 4x CXB3070 but at 2100mA on two LPC 150 drivers in a 1x1m tent.
Now thats an idea! So are you getting a full 300w out of them? Do the heatsinks get super hot?

I've been wanting to diy cobs since i first saw the cxa3070 a couple years ago. But it was brand new technolgy and expensive so i waited. I got information on building the lights from dion's diy thread mostly...and there is a thread called matching cobs and drivers that helped a shit ton too.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Actually there are also 2 Bridgelux BRXA 25 running off one LPC 60 there and all of them together with fans are pulling 315W. Once you count in for the fans and driver losses all the cobs together see actual 275W. CXBs aren't seeing whole 2.1A since the drivers are maximg out on the voltage. Didn't think of it to measure the current and voltage across each cob while finishing the soldering so I only have number from my power meter.

Well my first rig was a closet with scrap LEDs I had on hand and was about 150W with the UVA/B T8

Here's the link to my thread:

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/toasters-seed-popping-micro-adventures.66097/page-13

Check it out and you'll see why asked about the idea ;)

weariedjuggl

weariedjuggl

Actually there are also 2 Bridgelux BRXA 25 running off one LPC 60 there and all of them together with fans are pulling 315W. Once you count in for the fans and driver losses all the cobs together see actual 275W. CXBs aren't seeing whole 2.1A since the drivers are maximg out on the voltage. Didn't think of it to measure the current and voltage across each cob while finishing the soldering so I only have number from my power meter.

Well my first rig was a closet with scrap LEDs I had on hand and was about 150W with the UVA/B T8

Here's the link to my thread:

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/toasters-seed-popping-micro-adventures.66097/page-13

Check it out and you'll see why asked about the idea ;)

I am pretty sure it was dinafems moby dick. Ive popped 5 md plants over the last few years and all of them have had hermy tendencies compared to the other gals i was running at the time. I like the growth and the aroma but i alwayd have to chop early...grrrr

It toom me a while to see what you were gettin at but then i saw it! The tracks you built your light with are way nicer looking than mine. Mine is actually made of aluminum c-channel and i moved the drivers outside of the tent. As of yet all the wires hang willy nilly but ima digure that out. Nice clean looking setup toaster!

Latest posts

Top Bottom