My 900w Meizhi Led.

• Thread starter 420wave
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

420wave

I'm new to growing and have a 900w meizhi from Amazon which is consuming 418W±10%@AC110V. Does this mean my garden is only receiving the 418w+10% ?

Reactions: Ina
DGP

DGP

Depending on your LED efficiency you would get somewhat more "equivalent light" than HID for example. I use 30% as a rule of thumb but it depends. If your light is pulling 418 watts I would say you could be getting anywhere from 418 watts equivalent light to about 570 watts equivalent light. Hard t say though but these Chinese blurple lights are usually real dishonest on their specs (they lie big time) so it is hard to figure out.

What size grow area are you trying to cover. One of the biggest questions on these type LEDs is how high it needs to be above the canopy and that takes some experimenting. If you have a smart phone with a light sensor yu can get an app that will give you a Lumens or Lux meter. Granted its not a PAR meter but it will give you a relative brightness measurement and at a given height you can get a rough idea of the brightness and how big a grow footprint it is making.

You can grow plants fin with this light but in the future when you get ready to upgrade have a look at the sticky posts in the LED lights section and read a bunch. You will see the light (pun intended).

Best wishes with Your Grow,

Dee

Reactions: Ina

420wave

Depending on your LED efficiency you would get somewhat more "equivalent light" than HID for example. I use 30% as a rule of thumb but it depends. If your light is pulling 418 watts I would say you could be getting anywhere from 418 watts equivalent light to about 570 watts equivalent light. Hard t say though but these Chinese blurple lights are usually real dishonest on their specs (they lie big time) so it is hard to figure out.

What size grow area are you trying to cover. One of the biggest questions on these type LEDs is how high it needs to be above the canopy and that takes some experimenting. If you have a smart phone with a light sensor yu can get an app that will give you a Lumens or Lux meter. Granted its not a PAR meter but it will give you a relative brightness measurement and at a given height you can get a rough idea of the brightness and how big a grow footprint it is making.

You can grow plants fin with this light but in the future when you get ready to upgrade have a look at the sticky posts in the LED lights section and read a bunch. You will see the light (pun intended).

Best wishes with Your Grow,

Dee

420wave

Thanks a lot Dee! That really helps what I needed to know. I'll be looking for those post also. Ad for my next light I was leaning towards the Electric Sky es180 x 2.

Top Bottom