My Cheap Ass Grow.

• Thread starter jipp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jipp

jipp

so figure i better start a grow thread.. give me something to focus on..

not sure how to do this so im just gonna wing it. heh.

ill be using a 2x4 mars tent.
pro LED 280 COB led panel.
3gallon cloth pots.

seeds are either Stargate OG, or Nor Easter X Chemdog 91.

um, ill be using a 400cfm fan, and appropriate scrubber.. that will come later on when i have some cash.

i guess its is to entertain my self.. so talk about whatever you want, i do not give a shit. rock on my friends.

im gonna flip a coin to decide which seeds to try and germinate today. ill let you know soon which seeds win the coin toss. hope you are all having a great day.
chris.

Img 0349   copy
Img 0350   copy
Img 0351   copy
Img 0353   copy
Mars tent
jipp

jipp

so it looks like it will be the freebies i got..

nor easter X Chemdog 91. lets home for a Chemdog 91 leaning pheno that will kick my ass.
now i will use a small glass cake pan, some paper towl.. and put above the freezer its warm and dark there.

tomorrow i will get to home depot regardless i even have to limp to it. hah..
i just hope none of the seeds pop in that time before i have soil.. sucks not being mobile. hah.

IMG 0358   Copy
jipp

jipp

is it ok to use bottle water to germinate seeds? im on a well, and it has salt/water softener and shit.. so i know im gonna use the water strait from the well but for seeds is it ok just to use this bottle water, i would think it would be ok.

chris,

IMG 0359   Copy
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Cheap ass is good you don't need to spend big to grow some nice green in the last 6 months I've spent $500.00 total in my small grow that's 2 , 3x3x6' tents 1x 600hps 2x400 , 2 fans scrubbers and slincers and my clone tent as well , I hope you can get your soil soon or someone may help you out . Good luck buddy .

jipp

jipp

Cheap ass is good you don't need to spend big to grow some nice green in the last 6 months I've spent $500.00 total in my small grow that's 2 , 3x3x6' tents 1x 600hps 2x400 , 2 fans scrubbers and slincers and my clone tent as well , I hope you can get your soil soon or someone may help you out . Good luck buddy .
thanks bro. ill make it one way or another cant afford to let these seeds die.. besides what if.. its that magic pheno. hah that is the type of dreaming we all do i guess. hah.

something special.. ill be happy with anything that works for my pain.

chrsi.

jipp

jipp

so what is the proper distance i should have my light. on there webpage they say it will not burn your plants.. but i think that has more to do with the adjustable pointameter, ie.. turn the light bright up or down via knob. but maybe COBS cant burn plants?

i just do not recall reading anything about light distance.. put a box in there to raise them plants up a bit. will use solo cups soul to start out with..
i originally bought the nutes, but i guess im gonna go more of a super soil.. shrugs.. guess ill play with the nutes later on..

thank you.
chris.

IMG 0363   Copy
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

is it ok to use bottle water to germinate seeds? im on a well, and it has salt/water softener and shit.. so i know im gonna use the water strait from the well but for seeds is it ok just to use this bottle water, i would think it would be ok.

chris,

Yup it is fine. If your well has a salt softener you don't want to use the water or it will cause salt buildup.

Can you tap and test the well water before the filter? You may be able to use it or maybe dilute it with cheap bottled water.

jipp

jipp

Yup it is fine. If your well has a salt softener you don't want to use the water or it will cause salt buildup.

Can you tap and test the well water before the filter? You may be able to use it or maybe dilute it with cheap bottled water.
hi, how its setup.. the well pours water into a huge container i think its 10,000 gallon.. i just know it takes up the whole well house.. its a big ass container, fill it once a week.. that is where the water softer is located.. so i just have to use the water from the hose.. its right off the well. but i will have to get it test for PH etc.. since im told we have hard water hence teh salt softener.
chris.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

hi, how its setup.. the well pours water into a huge container i think its 10,000 gallon.. i just know it takes up the whole well house.. its a big ass container, fill it once a week.. that is where the water softer is located.. so i just have to use the water from the hose.. its right off the well. but i will have to get it test for PH etc.. since im told we have hard water hence teh salt softener.
chris.

Do you have an ec/ ppm tester. You want under 250ppm. 150 is ideal or under .3 ec.

You may be able to mix water and save money.

Growers mix well or hard tap with ro water the get the water to he right ppm.

DAT

DAT

Good Luck Chris! i like your set up. I grew ganja indoors in Tuscon AZ in a 4 x 4 tent so i understand a bit about the environmental conditions your working with. I know all about the The tap water in AZ ,,,total shit, with my ppm meter i was running at 560 ppms, not going to work to grow primo... so I bought a very cool little RO filter . I would hook it up to my kitchen tap and run it to a large plastic rain catching bucket . It was about 40 gallon bucket. Then i would just pull all my water from the plastic rain bucket, worked like a charm. IF you like I can find you the links and some images.;)

jipp

jipp

Do you have an ec/ ppm tester. You want under 250ppm. 150 is ideal or under .3 ec.

You may be able to mix water and save money.

Growers mix well or hard tap with ro water the get the water to he right ppm.
nope.. unfortunately i did not know i need a pen etc.
that is one problem asking questions on a stoner forum. answer seems to change with what is working best at the moment, laughs.. so nutes will sit.. and i will try making some super soil.. ill order that pack thing on the first so i can get it cooking for a week or whatever the instructions say.

chris,

jipp

jipp

Good Luck Chris! i like your set up. I grew ganja indoors in Tuscon AZ in a 4 x 4 tent so i understand a bit about the environmental conditions your working with. I know all about the The tap water in AZ ,,,total shit, with my ppm meter i was running at 560 ppms, not going to work to grow primo... so I bought a very cool little RO filter . I would hook it up to my kitchen tap and run it to a large plastic rain catching bucket . It was about 40 gallon bucket. Then i would just pull all my water from the plastic rain bucket, worked like a charm. IF you like I can find you the links and some images.;)
yeah please.. i would like that. yeah i am on a well.. but the city water comes from the same source i assume.. since they pretty much fucked the salt river up with there water management.. sigh.
chris.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

nope.. unfortunately i did not know i need a pen etc.
that is one problem asking questions on a stoner forum. answer seems to change with what is working best at the moment, laughs.. so nutes will sit.. and i will try making some super soil.. ill order that pack thing on the first so i can get it cooking for a week or whatever the instructions say.

chris,

You can call a local water delivery company like Culligan that delivers filtered water and installs RO systems to check your water for free.

They want to sell you their systems and water so they always offer a quick on site test.

they will likely explain your waters hardness and you can ask them questions as if it is for a vegetable garden or fish tanks or something.

jipp

jipp

You can call a local water delivery company like Culligan that delivers filtered water and installs RO systems to check your water for free.

They want to sell you their systems and water so they always offer a quick on site test.

they will likely explain your waters hardness and you can ask them questions as if it is for a vegetable garden or fish tanks or something.

wow that is great to know.. ill be sure to try. i was just gonna go to the local pool place they test water for free here.. not sure if they do everything culligan would tho..

jipp

jipp

so i picked up a pack of pipe cleaners.. went out to the shop, grab the thermometer. was thinking how to hang this fucking thing, then i saw the pipe cleaner.. doh.. simple.

what other monitors do i need besides temp inside the tent?
i know i need a fan, not talking about the scrubber/fan. i mean just fan for the plants.

this is the normal temp.. no a/c on in this room.. just the regular temp.. i think i have turn the heat on once this year. anyhow.. i went with LED because of heat issues.. so i hope the a/c etc will keep this bitch in check for temps.
chris.

IMG 0365   Copy
Top Bottom