My City Is Being Flooded With Your Garbage

• Thread starter notpatient
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Nog

Sounds like the OP is growing to sell.

Everyone who buys a pound or more is not buying it for their own use, they are buying it to break down and sell.

Therefore they need to get it relatively cheap to make a profit.

If you are selling your weed at higher prices as the grower, then there is less profit in it for the re-seller.

They either have to give smaller deals, which means they will lose customers, or they have to price it higher, which may make it too expensive for the end user.

So the re-seller needs to get it cheap.

If they can get imports at a much cheaper rate, then more profit margin for them.

People need to realise that as the grower, if you are growing to wholesale, then you can't sell it at retail prices.
There is another one or two or more people down the chain who need to make some profit from it, and they all have to add on to the price.

You might think your weed is much better, and maybe it is, but that's no excuse to charge more for it.
I think the idea is to sell good weed cheaply.
Just because it's good doesn't mean you have to charge more for it, sure you can, but in the end the customer gets to decide whether it's worth paying more for.

The way to compete is to charge the same prices as the imports, but have better weed.
That way you can compete.

mandalaman

mandalaman

Everyone who buys a pound or more is not buying it for their own use, they are buying it to break down and sell.

If you are selling your weed at higher prices as the grower, then there is less profit in it for the re-seller.

They either have to give smaller deals, which means they will lose customers, or they have to price it higher, which may make it too expensive for the end user.

If they can get imports at a much cheaper rate, then more profit margin for them.

People need to realise that as the grower, if you are growing to wholesale, then you can't sell it at retail prices.
There is another one or two or more people down the chain who need to make some profit from it, and they all have to add on to the price.

You might think your weed is much better, and maybe it is, but that's no excuse to charge more for it.
Just because it's good doesn't mean you have to charge more for it, sure you can, but in the end the customer gets to decide whether it's worth paying more for.

The way to compete is to charge the same prices as the imports, but have better weed.
I mean. That's certainly one perspective to approach this from.

Wildill

Wildill

I totally agree with you. I've seen farmers with higher prices then the middle man makes no sense

Bannacis

Bannacis

That's why the consumer needs to buy direct from farmers, eliminate any middle man. prices are high enough for grower and low enough for toker...WINNING !!! I know...easy said then done. This isn't about how the middle guy that didn't put the work in growing can make money. Who cares? If you can grow quality weed, you should be the only one to profit from your harvest. IMO.....

N

Nog

But then as the grower you are having to do lots of small retail sales.
And if growing somewhere it's illegal, then this can draw attention from LE, and you could get busted growing.

The middleman is useful as you can unload larger amounts at one go, instead of doing a whole lot of small deals.
You might make less overall than if you retailed it yourself, but you get to do decent sized deals instead of a lot of $20 and $50 deals.

Also you are dealing with less people, so less people to snitch on you if they get caught.
You don't want to be constantly selling small deals while you have a grow on, it's risky, better to just get rid of it all quickly and then you are just growing, not selling at the same time.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
It's around$1,800 around here for the imports. I'm still getting $3200 for mine, no problems, but I have a more refined clientele.
2800 a unit here for topshelf and I'm surrounded by brick weed coming up from south of the border. There are 2 markets here. One for walmart shoppers who cannot afford good meds and settle for brick weed and then those with a discerning taste for topshelf. I have converted many patients from card holders to letting their cards expire due to shitty meds in the dispo's as well. they call me the dispo destroyer. LOL

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Oh goody, can't wait to be "regulated!"
:shockedninja:
Regulations be damned!!!!

reg·u·la·tion
ˌreɡ(y)əˈlāSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. 1.
    a rule or directive made and maintained by an authority.
    "planning regulations"
    synonyms: rule, ruling, order, directive, act, law, bylaw, statute, edict,canon, pronouncement, dictate, dictum, decree, fiat,command, precept
    "they obey all the regulations"

xavier7995

xavier7995

Middleman gets a cut as they are taking most of the risk. Assuming you can not brag on your crimes, growing is a pretty low risk proposition relative to having to meet lots of people to flip those lbs into gram sales, both in legal exposure and opening you up to getting robbed/killed.

MY GARBAGE IS BEING FLOODED BY YOUR CITY!

Last edited:
jipp

jipp

2800 a unit here for topshelf and I'm surrounded by brick weed coming up from south of the border. There are 2 markets here. One for walmart shoppers who cannot afford good meds and settle for brick weed and then those with a discerning taste for topshelf. I have converted many patients from card holders to letting their cards expire due to shitty meds in the dispo's as well. they call me the dispo destroyer. LOL
come to az :D

N

Nog

I sell mine @$200 an O, and on the streets it's going at $25-30 a gram. That's $720 an O.
So someone is making a 200% profit.

They have to make a profit, otherwise they wont buy it.

The way to get bigger sales (that is an oz or over at a time), is to price it so the person buying it can make a profit.

Otherwise if you price it too high they will just buy a $20 for themselves, and not bother buying larger amounts to sell to their buddies.

You have to give people the opportunity to make money.
This can also buy loyalty, as they don't want to kill the goose that lays the golden egg.

N

Nog

They have to make a profit, otherwise they wont buy it.

The way to get bigger sales (that is an oz or over at a time), is to price it so the person buying it can make a profit.

Otherwise if you price it too high they will just buy a $20 for themselves, and not bother buying larger amounts to sell to their buddies.

You have to give people the opportunity to make money.
This can also buy loyalty, as they don't want to kill the goose that lays the golden egg.

So basically you need an efficient grow op that can produce larger amounts cheaply, to compete and make a profit.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Oh, and also a high yielding strain that finishes early.
I agree with you. I was asking 800 qp.. unloaded 1 in a week. Decided I didn't like sitting on it and ddropped it to 600... Got rid of the other 4 in a week and half.. same person... meet the demand with affordable good green and I got only 2 ppl that I dealt with. And neither one know I grew it.
My only problem is having a reason for only being able to get it every 2-3 months ...

N

Nog

I agree with you. I was asking 800 qp.. unloaded 1 in a week. Decided I didn't like sitting on it and ddropped it to 600... Got rid of the other 4 in a week and half.. same person... meet the demand with affordable good green and I got only 2 ppl that I dealt with. And neither one know I grew it.
My only problem is having a reason for only being able to get it every 2-3 months ...

"My only problem is having a reason for only being able to get it every 2-3 months ..."

Yeah, the people I get if off are out at the moment, and said they wont have anymore for a while, or they have gone away on holidays for a while....

N

Nog

And what is your recommendation

Anything with a fair amount of Afghani in it seems to get big buds.
You also need bag appeal though, needs to look ok and smell ok.

To he honest, it can be a bit of a search finding a good keeper if you don't live somewhere where clones are traded.

You have to go through a lot of seeds, maybe do some crosses of your own, to find one that has not only hight yield, but fast maturing and good bag appeal and smell.

And then when you do find one that ticks all the boxes, make sure you keep it, so have clones taken before it goes into flower, or reveg it and get clones off it.

I found seed companies tend to exaggerate their seeds; for example "dripping with resin" is a common term they use.
Always turns out to be bullshit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom