My First Grow Ever (sour Diesel)

• Thread starter SoLowDolo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Monster762

Monster762

I gave plain water yesterday. I got a decent amount of runoff. I could have up to 5 weeks left according to the breeder. What do you guys think about cutting the mega crop out because the high nitrogen in it, and giving FF tiger bloom?
I think you are right on in your thoughts. Get the n out of the diet. Feed just water a couple times then introduce your new bloom booster at 1/2 strength. Add some carbs. Then I’d feed just carbs and water til you chop. Let it eat the stored nutes. Just get your p and k bumped first. Once you cut the heavy nutes the plants will all start to feed on itself n fade. Could take 2-3 weeks of clean water to get your dark green out. You want them to go colors (temp and strain depending ) to light green n yellow n falling off. That means it’s well flushed. I cut the carbs out about a week shy of harvest but do give carbs ( like mollasses or liquid w8 this time) first week of flush. You’ll notice smell will turn up a whole lot during flush. Run semi dry in flush too. They will stop taking up and you’ll end up with soaked pots sitting. I start flush with an actual flush. Just running water through til runoff has next to no color in it. You’ll be surprised how far the plants reserves will take it. And it feeds itself at the perfect rate

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Also what as are your pH levels?
My pH is always between6.3 and 6.5. except the one plant which seems to always go a little lower. Sometimes 6.1 or 6.2. it actually looks pretty healthy though.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Your pH is right where it needs to be. The last two weeks I add ice cubes just before lights out helps trick the ladies into thinking a frost has hit, I'll do this 2 to 3 times they drive up all the good stuff to the buds. Then before I harvest I keep them in total darkness for 48 hours and chop first thing in the morning. Very smooth smoke. Good luck.
Thanks a lot bro. I love to experiment. I'll probably try it on one and see if I can tell a difference.

Monster762

Monster762

Your pH is right where it needs to be. The last two weeks I add ice cubes just before lights out helps trick the ladies into thinking a frost has hit, I'll do this 2 to 3 times they drive up all the good stuff to the buds. Then before I harvest I keep them in total darkness for 48 hours and chop first thing in the morning. Very smooth smoke. Good luck.
I do a similar thing sometimes At the end of flush Ive used refrigerated water Thing is the cold water hits n plant goes into shock. Smell kicks up colors show but they take forever to dry from the cold water. It does seem to force the plant to put out though. I think it stops the roots from taking up and plant ripens quick.

Krippie94

Krippie94

Lights are around 32 to 36 inches I believe. I run the exhaust to combat the humidity because I'm in my basement and it can climb at night.
What Sour D is it??? Just curious. I may have missed it earlier in the thread.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Just got my ppm meter today. Fox farms runoff was reading around 850 in spots and 600 in other spots in the runoff tray. I don't even know if that's good or bad lol. The other plants don't need watered yet.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Snapped some pics today - day 45

Fox farms - can't complain, it looks ok
IMG 20180924 195654869

Mega crop 1 - looks healthy, it's gotten lighter green since I stopped feeding
IMG 20180924 195702767

Mega crop 2 - nute burnt pretty good, but it's getting plain water and it doesn't seem to have gotten any worse since yesterday
IMG 20180924 195711853

I also got my jewelers loupe today to check triches. I tried to snap a pic real quick. It's has 2 different magnification levels so ill try to get better and closer pics next time, these kinda suck lol. I couldn't get one with the 60x yet and didn't have time to try....
IMG 20180924 165737955

IMG 20180924 165737955

WhtChocolate

WhtChocolate

Look at you solo!! PPM meter, jewelers loupe. You’re rockin now!!
And the Mega is turning around. Well done.
What are your Feeds running for PPM? If runoff is higher than feed too many nutes.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Look at you solo!! PPM meter, jewelers loupe. You’re rockin now!!
And the Mega is turning around. Well done.
What are your Feeds running for PPM? If runoff is higher than feed too many nutes.
LOL, the mega crop ended up needing water when I checked it today. The water going in was between 100 and 150 ppm going in. At first, it came out over 1800 ppm, I ran a few gallons through. It was around like 700 ppm when I finished. Wasn't even sure if that was the best thing to do lol but I don't think it could make it worse. My fox farm was around 800 and it isn't burnt so I just kinda based it on that.

WhtChocolate

WhtChocolate

Yeah that Mega was holding some juice.
No worries, I lost mine a couple weeks ago doing the same. Live and learn.
Might think about flushing soon.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Yeah that Mega was holding some juice.
No worries, I lost mine a couple weeks ago doing the same. Live and learn.
Might think about flushing soon.
That sucks bro, how fast did it progress for you? I definitely don't wanna lose mine.

Top Bottom