My First Grow Setup - Feedback & Questions

• Thread starter GrowzNCali
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Do you think I'll hit my expected yield?

• Yes

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Could you drill 1/16" or 1/8" holes around the edge of the lid to run plant wire to pull down your branches? So you'd still get the effects of scrog but instead of a net holding the branches down it'd be plant wire? WOG! Haha wire of green!

Yeah The recirculating seems pretty cool
Addeco binder clips and Vigor tie

IMG 2150
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Why is scrog hard in DWC?
I'm thinking from reading your post you have to lift the lid which the plant is attached to, then check the water?

So recirculating means you don't have to do that since you'd have a reservoir?
Ya exactly! U got it! U know what I mean...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Right mine is not circulating so you gotta crawl under there and move shit. Mine are set up as one stone per bucket and that's it. So yeah when I get the recirculating you bet I will be scrogging everything, just sucks will prolly need to buy 2 set ups to have veg setup and bloom set up. Good investment I believe
Nope just a lil flood table and you can veg in 4x4 Rockwool cubes, then plant them in the buckets.
The key is to only flood 1/4" of the bottom of the rockwool.. It will sip it up thru out the cube without drowning the root CROWN...

20180106 212203
20180106 212216
20180106 212421
20180106 212425
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Ok, found a great video with parts list for those DIYers out there:

After watching the vid I think I'm going to cope with my two buckets grow as is so I can get it started. I'll slide the lid to the side to check roots/PH, etc. Since I'm already planning on purchasing a larger tent I'm going to spend some time on setting up a system like this for my second grow. I want and build it with a lot more room available. Luckily, I have an extra bedroom I can use for future grows. I can use my spare time during this grow to get things ready, ask questions and set shit up right.
If you got a bedroom then use what you have, and dont buy nothing!!!!! I will hook you up with a 1 light system that will produce 2 to 3 elbows at a time. How tall are the ceilings? How much money you make? Save up 1500 and I show you how to make 15k in your first year...By recommending what to buy.. You need 9 foot ceilings at least? Preferably 10...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Well shit bro, look at you go!

Is there micro RDWC set ups?
Or what's the smallest containers you've seen used?
if you wanted smaller I recommend taking 6" round pvc, and capping both ends and putting 2 inch net pots every 10 inches, with aquaponics sprayers inside the tube, just like they do in hydro aero cloners....

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

if you wanted smaller I recommend taking 6" round pvc, and capping both ends and putting 2 inch net pots every 10 inches, with aquaponics sprayers inside the tube, just like they do in hydro aero cloners....
Jerk,, today I woke up early to go to the laundry mat with my old lady, and I'm sitting on my phone reading these posts, then started looking at rdwc then.....well my bday is on Wednesday so my girl is like, "why don't you just build that shit yourself," so I got to thinking why not, so she tells me to do my research, by 10am today I had it all outlined, by 2pm I had this bitch built and she says "happy birthday" talk about a good ass gift! Man this recirculating shit is fucking dope! I didn't go with the waterfarm style, decided to start with a 6 site and I plan to now keep mothers. I'll take clones and veg/bloom every 3 months with my new set up and I'll be adding another 2 buckets after I get my bloom room finished up. I got until goddam march until all my shit is done blooming! Guys if you get a girl who buys you grow shit out of randomness and for your birthday she gotta be a keeper lol!

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Jerk,, today I woke up early to go to the laundry mat with my old lady, and I'm sitting on my phone reading these posts, then started looking at rdwc then.....well my bday is on Wednesday so my girl is like, "why don't you just build that shit yourself," so I got to thinking why not, so she tells me to do my research, by 10am today I had it all outlined, by 2pm I had this bitch built and she says "happy birthday" talk about a good ass gift! Man this recirculating shit is fucking dope! I didn't go with the waterfarm style, decided to start with a 6 site and I plan to now keep mothers. I'll take clones and veg/bloom every 3 months with my new set up and I'll be adding another 2 buckets after I get my bloom room finished up. I got until goddam march until all my shit is done blooming! Guys if you get a girl who buys you grow shit out of randomness and for your birthday she gotta be a keeper lol!
Shit the whole reason I said jerk is cuz of the good advice thanks brotha!

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

well lets see it?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Lights are out lol whoops should have thought about that, I'll get a shot of it tomorrow for sure, lemme tell you though the damn grommet plugs are a bitch to install
lol yep!!! uniseals are even harder to deal with...

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

lol yep!!! uniseals are even harder to deal with...
I thought the res would have been. Lot fuller too but it just barely hovers over the water pump and the bucket water level seems good however some buckets have a bit more water in them. Where the water pours out from the water line into the bucket, should it be submerged, exposed or doesn't matter?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I thought the res would have been. Lot fuller too but it just barely hovers over the water pump and the bucket water level seems good however some buckets have a bit more water in them. Where the water pours out from the water line into the bucket, should it be submerged, exposed or doesn't matter?
you set the water line so it comes up to the bottom of the netpot..

Top Bottom