My First Grow Setup - Feedback & Questions

• Thread starter GrowzNCali
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Do you think I'll hit my expected yield?

• Yes

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
RHINObeast

RHINObeast

word I got that, but in particular for the t-brackets that go into the top of the buckets that dump the water from the water line to the bucket, should they be submerged, or should you be able to see that water coming out of the bracket and into the bucket. Pics would help I know

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

word I got that, but in particular for the t-brackets that go into the top of the buckets that dump the water from the water line to the bucket, should they be submerged, or should you be able to see that water coming out of the bracket and into the bucket. Pics would help I know
yes it should be right above the water so you see it bubble out the T into the bucket

5Chord

5Chord

I'm running a two "tent" perpetual grow at the moment DWC in SCROG. I lost the R (in RWDC) a few years ago when I found out it really didn't seem to make a difference and it added complexity not seemingly worth the effort. I added extra air stones and an independent 4 gang air pump to each bucket; THAT seemed to make a big difference.

I harvest one plant every month by rotating my buckets every 30 days (or so) and my yield varies greatly by strain and time vegged. That being said, it's always way more than I can smoke in a month.

This is my veg tent: From left to right, White Widow, Jack Herer and Blue Dream
20180110 193822

This is like the Flintsones version of your set up lol

Here's the flower "tent" (AKA Downstairs shower) Cheese on the left and Sour Bubba on the right. Yes 5 strains in 5 buckets!
20180108 123603

And here's my December Harvest
20171213 134723 1

What's not shown is the cheap LED fixtures I use to flower: 2 300w Galaxy Hydro and one 2000w BESTVA lamps. I don't like the heat issues that come with HID especially in the summer

Sorry to hijack but I know there are some people that need to keep it simple especially when growing multiple strains and or new to growing. Flushing one 5 gal bucket is a lot easier than flushing the whole 75 gal system when adding too much of....well anything lol

I don't profess to be an expert in any way but will be watching your grow closely and hope to learn a lot along the way.

Also get Hydroguard...seriously get it.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Flushing one 5 gal bucket is a lot easier than flushing the whole 75 gal system when adding too much of....well anything lol
I dont experience the trouble you state. Mater fact I actually see it the other way?
How can servicing multiple buckets be easier than servicing 1 bucket..

5Chord

5Chord

I'm definitely not talking about you or any experienced grower that has multiple buckets. But for someone like me that rotates buckets every month and different strains (some thrive under different PH) or more importantly is a first time grower........It took me a few grows to stop micro managing my plants, chasing PH, adding nutes and minerals.......adding some snake oil I saw at the hydro store with some hot half naked chick on the bottle.....What I'm saying as a first time grower it's easier to flush out one 5 gal bucket of slime and algae than 75gal, plus buckets and hoses.....It's could more mistake proof as you learn

GrowzNCali

GrowzNCali

Thanks for the differing opinion @5Chord. I actually find it very beneficial to consider the pros/cons of both methods.

Anyway, I've been busy the last couple of weeks. So I haven't posted an update for a bit. My grow is on its 8th day now, so 1 week down. I went with two plants, without recirculation (this grow). I also decided to add CO2 to the grow. My temps are running a bit hotter than ideal, and after doing thorough research found out my temps are actually ideal if using CO2. So far my plants are happy and healthy and perking up after some slight droop from transplant/new environment shock.

I'll be posting some pics of the finalized setup. Then I'll probably start a grow journal thread with my first week.

GrowzNCali

GrowzNCali

A few more pics of my setup, things I added since my last update but prior to my grow.

My CO2 Tank, Regulator, anchored to the wall (to avoid tank missile!)
Unnamed 20   Copy

Intakes, 1 on each side, 6"
Unnamed 21   Copy

Fan rigged up in suspension with bungies (helps with noise)
Unnamed 22   Copy

Exhausting into the attic (where there is vent to outside about 10' away)
Unnamed 23   Copy

You now follow my grow journal here: https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/white-chocolate-my-first-grow.93759/

GrowzNCali

GrowzNCali

Ok, so in testing some things out today and really thinking through my current setup I did it fam... I just purchased a 5'x5'x80" tent. It will be here Monday. Keep in mind my current tent is only 2'x4'x5'. My temp situation is just too troublesome and I want some more room for my girls to stretch their legs. I also purchased a digital PH meter for convenience.

bicky studs

bicky studs

Ok, so in testing some things out today and really thinking through my current setup I did it fam... I just purchased a 5'x5'x80" tent. It will be here Monday. Keep in mind my current tent is only 2'x4'x5'. My temp situation is just too troublesome and I want some more room for my girls to stretch their legs. I also purchased a digital PH meter for convenience.
know that situation. i wanted to start and slowly accumulate my gear but i just couldnt wait:badboy: and its so hard dealing with things properly when u know its all gunna be different in the near future anyways.
doesnt help that averythings only a mouse click away too:cry:
enjoy m8

GrowzNCali

GrowzNCali

know that situation. i wanted to start and slowly accumulate my gear but i just couldnt wait:badboy: and its so hard dealing with things properly when u know its all gunna be different in the near future anyways.
doesnt help that averythings only a mouse click away too:cry:
enjoy m8

TRUDAT! ^^^

Latest posts

Top Bottom