My First Plant

• Thread starter androsk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
androsk

androsk

Hi guys, i am new in this kind of plant growing world, i been growing aquarium plants for over a decade.

this is my first plant i made grown from seeds, since cant have it outside, i made a temporal lamp for it that is 6 x 3w led, 3 6500k and 3 full spectrum, working on DIY grownbox atm, this is after i transplant it, i notice the stem in the bottom near the substrate is really thin like about 2 inches, but it starts to make thick, looks really weak to let the stem hold the plant at all.

btw its suppose to be Organic Indica Afghani, its all i know.

My first plant
Last edited:
MW7945

MW7945

Do you plan in using that light the entire grow? The small undergrowth is odd, but insufficient light power/sativa = hardcore stretching

androsk

androsk

Do you plan in using that light the entire grow? The small undergrowth is odd, but insufficient light power/sativa = hardcore stretching

probably not the 1st week after germination, that could cause the thin stem?, the light is kinda powerful for the area it cover, and its like 3 inch above the plant.

Monster762

Monster762

Hi guys, i am new in this kind of plant growing world, i been growing aquarium plants for over a decade.

this is my first plant i made grown from seeds, since cant have it outside, i made a temporal lamp for it that is 6 x 3w led, 3 6500k and 3 full spectrum, working on DIY grownbox atm, this is after i transplant it, i notice the stem in the bottom near the substrate is really thin like about 2 inches, but it starts to make thick, looks really weak to let the stem hold the plant at all.

btw its suppose to be Organic Sativa indica, its all i know.
Do you have air movement? You want plants to wiggle a little bit. Don’t blow fan directly at plant. Just blow toward wall and you’ll see the plant still wiggle that will strengthen your stalk.

androsk

androsk

well i was wrong in the name just asked the guys what seed he gave me and its Indica Afghani, not sativa.

androsk

androsk

Do you have air movement? You want plants to wiggle a little bit. Don’t blow fan directly at plant. Just blow toward wall and you’ll see the plant still wiggle that will strengthen your stalk.
ohh. no i did not have air movement at all. thanks for the tip

MW7945

MW7945

What are you using for growing medium? How often do you water?

What's the temp in the room?

Could be damping off...

MW7945

MW7945

Can you get a better picture under natural lighting of the affected stem area?

androsk

androsk

What are you using for growing medium? How often do you water?

What's the temp in the room?

Could be damping off...

temp around 26-30c in day, 15-18c ish night, i bought a organic mixed soil for any plant at home depot, after transplant i was watering one or twice a day, but it was really small pot 2x3 inches, reading over the web i find out it was really small, so did i transplant it, i haven't water since 3-4 days ago, the soil still looks and feels humid. what you mean by damping off?

Can you get a better picture under natural lighting of the affected stem area?
yes, i post picture when i get home.

MW7945

MW7945

Damping off is a disease that thrives in cool/damp environments. And effects seedlings/young plants. Soil should never be watered daily, only when the top inch or so is completely dry.

Is the thin part discolored at all? Like yellow/brown

androsk

androsk

Damping off is a disease that thrives in cool/damp environments. And effects seedlings/young plants. Soil should never be watered daily, only when the top inch or so is completely dry.

Is the thin part discolored at all? Like yellow/brown

i see, i take picture and check this evening, what i can do if that is the case?

MW7945

MW7945

Tbh if that's what it is it's dead. Next time you'll need at least a small desk fan moving air around near the plant.

androsk

androsk

Tbh if that's what it is it's dead. Next time you'll need at least a small desk fan moving air around near the plant.

that's sad :(, what color the stem should looks like, just green?

i have other's seed trying to germinate also, but i got a low successful rate

MW7945

MW7945

throw them in a cup of water first. And hopefully they'll sink/open up within 12-18 hours. Then throw them on a paper towel. You might be losing a lot of them because they're getting too cold as well. Keep the temp up

androsk

androsk

Here are the pictures for the thin part of the stem looks green just so thin.

Will it make some difference if a put a fan at this point? Computer fan that is.

20171016 161626
20171016 161622
androsk

androsk

Thats good news, thanks you very much for your time man. I appreciate it

MW7945

MW7945

What do you plan on using for a light for flower?

Also, I'd suggest getting your temp up. Or at least at night.

Any idea what your humidity is?

Top Bottom