My First Seed Haul, Any Thoughts Or Feedback On Strains?

• Thread starter Phylex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Phylex

Phylex

Hello fellow Farmers,

I wrapped up my first outdoor grow and I'm 10 days out from flipping my first indoor grow. (all local clones) Thank you all for the help thus far. With that said, I just went crazy and ordered some seeds. I'm already trying to plan my next run. Comically after I ordered some seeds, I found some of them popped up on the worst strains ever thread. lol. Do you have any thoughts or experience growing any of the strains I ordered? My ultimate goal is quality before yield. Since I can't grow them all at once, I'm trying to decide what to run next. Thanks for any feedback and insight.

Strains Ordered:
Aurora Indica
Black Widow
Tangie
Nicole x Banana OG
BlackJack
Wedding Cake
Jack Herer
GelatOG
9lb. Hammer
Chemdog 91 x Memory Loss
Stawdawg x Polar OG
Ghost Train Haze
Dark Star

chemistry

chemistry

The Aurora Indica is a good smoke, I've grown it indoors a few times, just bought some seeds a couple of weeks ago from Nirvana.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Hello fellow Farmers,

I wrapped up my first outdoor grow and I'm 10 days out from flipping my first indoor grow. (all local clones) Thank you all for the help thus far. With that said, I just went crazy and ordered some seeds. I'm already trying to plan my next run. Comically after I ordered some seeds, I found some of them popped up on the worst strains ever thread. lol. Do you have any thoughts or experience growing any of the strains I ordered? My ultimate goal is quality before yield. Since I can't grow them all at once, I'm trying to decide what to run next. Thanks for any feedback and insight.

Strains Ordered:
Aurora Indica
Black Widow
Tangie
Nicole x Banana OG
BlackJack
Wedding Cake
Jack Herer
GelatOG
9lb. Hammer
Chemdog 91 x Memory Loss
Stawdawg x Polar OG
Ghost Train Haze
Dark Star

Dark star is lethal and worth a run, so is GTH and 9 lb hamma will put you in the dirt if grown well. Those are my 3 suggestions I can offer.

GeneticGiant

GeneticGiant

9 LB hammer is a beast either left alone or trained both indoor and outdoor, Ghost Train haze is also a great strain when trained out indoors, outdoor it tends to stretch and fall on itself. Wedding Cake is also a very good strain depending on the pheno you have. Tangie.. im assuming kush? Is a pretty decent strain. Lastly, if you have the real Jack herer then that's a fairly good strain when trained indoors as well.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Hello fellow Farmers,

Strains Ordered:
Aurora Indica
Black Widow
Tangie
Nicole x Banana OG
BlackJack
Wedding Cake
Jack Herer
GelatOG
9lb. Hammer
Chemdog 91 x Memory Loss
Stawdawg x Polar OG
Ghost Train Haze
Dark Star
Tangie, Darkstar, 9 lb Hammer..Aurora Indica, depending on whose, are my choices.

Phylex

Phylex

9 LB hammer is a beast either left alone or trained both indoor and outdoor, Ghost Train haze is also a great strain when trained out indoors, outdoor it tends to stretch and fall on itself. Wedding Cake is also a very good strain depending on the pheno you have. Tangie.. im assuming kush? Is a pretty decent strain. Lastly, if you have the real Jack herer then that's a fairly good strain when trained indoors as well.
Tangie– (California Orange x Super Skunk) – Hybrid (Nirvana)
Wedding Cake
– (GSC x Cherry Pie) Hybrid (Pheno Finder Seeds)
Jack Herer
– (Original Haze x Northern Lights #5 x Shiva Skunk) Hybrid (Seedsman)

Phylex

Phylex

Thank you to everyone for taking the time to provide feedback and your experiences. It's much appreciated.

Phylex

Phylex

Rather than remaining limited to a full cycle, I'm trying to plan out a perpetual grow. I would like to add an additional room for veg only with T5's. My plan is to stagger two plants going into the flower tent two weeks apart. Every two weeks I'll add two plants of the same strain, and in theory harvest two plants every two weeks.
I believe this technique is considered perpetual.

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

I disagree that Nirvana is trash. I've grown their stuff consistently for years and never been disappointed. They definitely have lower hermie rates than other breeders also. I wouldn't put them with the top top, but i would spend my own money to buy their seeds. It's all anecdotal, but i would happily grow their stock.

OP i do recommend checking out the individual breeders also, a lot are available here and shipping is fast from here too. Fastest shipping actually now that i think about it. You can send me a pm for some more recommendations if you want, but i highly recommend anything csi:humboldt. I think divine is doing another release soon and the results from those are viewable here and always looked great also.

xjking

xjking

I too agree, Nirvana genetics are definitely good. I have grow one strain and it went perfectly.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I have only bought from one breeder and it was bittersweet, won't mention who. In my research I've found that there are no breeders with a perfect record. Beans are living things an can vary greatly, even within the same bag. I think every time we order we're playing roulette and the only beans you can truly trust are one's you've grown yourself. IMO, from my limited experience, stay away from inventory reduction sales on independent strains. You're likely to find older, less viable beans, with harder seed coats (my mistake). You've got a lot of beans there, breed them and make them your own. Not one healthy bean I've grown myself has failed, and even many of the ugly one's worked out fantastic. Learn how to fem to reduce males. I've had a blast breeding my own and I've got some killer strains that are uniquely mine. Like my Chocolate Nepal (Chocolate Diesel x Royal Nepal Kush, already a unicorn) that I'm X'ing with Banana Ice Cream (Banana Sativa x Platinum x (GG4 Cookies & Cream)) or my Chocolate Orange Creamsicle (Chocolate Diesel x Orange Creamsicle (Juicy Fruit x Orange Crush)). My Chocolate Orange Creamsicle is unlike anything else I've ever smelled or smoked, with super tenacious beans.

Good luck brother, breeder reviews are near useless between ignorant growers and periodically bad batches. If you can find a breeder with guaranteed germ percentages that actually back up their guarantee, I'd go with them, but you already have enough of a cross section of beans to breed indefinitely.

Latest posts

Top Bottom