IMG 0075
IMG 0001
IMG 0021
IMG 0020
IMG 0018
IMG 0071
IMG 0073
IMG 0075
Hello fellow growers!!! I am so thrilled to be here and report my progress, and get some feedback too. I joined in February but have not come back until now because I was busy getting my grow room ready, doing as much research as I could, and taking care of my girls who are now in their 7th week of veg. growth.

I call myself greenthumb because I have been a regular gardener for a long time, and many years ago I even grew some outdoor pot on my porch once, which without any feeding or anything grew healthy six foot plants in pots. No wonder they call it weed! Too bad we are forced indoors and have to use lights and fans.......I would much prefer to grow outdoor if I could....

Anyway, I started my grow on March 14 when I bought four very healthy clones from an excellent local dispensary. I got a Sour Diesel (my favorite flavor), a Blue Dream, A J-1, and a Trainwreck which seems very delicate with small leaves. It is interesting to see how different these girls are, they each have their own distinct personalities, so that if they were not labeled, I could still tell them apart.

My space is 3'X6' and is 45" tall _from the table where the girls are placed, to the ceiling. It is in a corner of our loft, separated by curtains, so I can't put an exhaust fan there, no windows in loft. I am using 4 T-12 cool white tubes on top, and six CFLs scattered around of varying intensities on the sides. Most of them are cool (6500k), a couple are soft white or daylight (4100k). A total of 350 CFL Watts. I will change them all to Warm white when I get ready to flower them, which will be in a few days. One of my girls, the Blue Dream, seems to be flowering already, I can see some white hairs near the tops of new growth, odd.. (???) It also has a few dry tips on its big leaves, otherwise it looks good. I think maybe my CFLs might be too close (3-4" away).
I put some Mykos mycorrhizal mycelia in the soil at time of first transplant which is supposed to help keep the roots healthy.

I started feeding them late, because I couldn't decide what kind of nutes to use. I considered FoxFarm_
(I had bought the Fox Farm Grow which severely stressed one of the girls, the delicate Trainwreck, but she recovered) so I returned it because I wanted my ferts as organic as possible.
So I went with Peruvian Seabird Guano (10% Nitrogen), and a bit of Grow More vegetarian fertilizer (5% N). I will switch to Jamaican Bat Guano (0-10-0), with a bit of blackstrap molasses when they start flowering.

They have been under 18 hours of light and 6 darkness, although I do leave the curtain open a bit most of the time so the air can circulate because there are no windows in the loft and I am using one tall oscillating fan 24/7 to make their stocks strong and minimize the possibility of critters feeling too comfortable, but I do worry that it is too dry in there.....some of the leaves are getting dry at the edges. My Sour Diesel that looked the healthiest at first, is now starting to develop some dry gray patches on some of the bigger leaves almost look burned.
I have a microscope and I have looked under the leaves, I don't see any critters, just shapeless gray patches and some small tears. Does anyone know what this is caused by??
I transplanted them again into 5 gallon pots awhile back, except for the little one which is in a 2 gallon pot and is raised by books under it so it's as high as the others.

I went to this free growing workshop at the same dispensary I got the clones from. The guy said put them close to each other, because they will grow more as a result of competition. It is getting pretty crowded in there and they're touching each other. He also said use Flora Nova ferts and said that organics are too smelly and messy, but I find that they don't smell much at all. And I make a tea with them overnight so they are absorbed quicker by the roots. I think ultimately a lot of this is instinct and intuition.

I have uploaded some photos of my progress, hope not too many, at least they are lo.res. so it should be OK.
I am thinking it's getting close to time to let them flower.

Any feedback or ideas will be greatly appreciated as this is my first serious indoor grow and some of you are more experienced growers of cannabis.

greenthumb

greenthumb

Thanks Canappa, yes, they are doing good. I think for awhile I thought I had problems , some burned spots, but I had sprayed them with the lights on, now I only spray at night. They're looking good again.
(sis not bro)

5th

5th

Agreed. Looks very nice in there.

I'll second what the guy suggested about the FloraNova series. Beside's ease of use, the stuff's fantastic for growing weed......other then having to shake the hell out of the bottle for a half hour. But its your show, so feed 'em what ya want when ya want.

Think you might upgrade to a stealthy cab of some sort? This open curtain business for air circulation is not a good a thing at all I'm afraid.

greenthumb

greenthumb

Thanks for your responses. To 5th, maybe I'll try Flora Nova next time, (is it organic?), but I'm going with what I have now, which is alternating a bit of Bat Guano and molasses. My girls are now in their third week of flowering and they look good. The J-1 especially is a healthy vigorous plant. Trainwreck is a delicate little thing and not so dark green as the others.

I wish I could figure out a way to have some real ventilation as everyone suggests, but there are no windows in the loft to direct the vents to, it would be too obvious in a small apartment to have tubes going out the window downstairs. The temperature stays hot up there though, between 78 - 86 during the day and 70's at night. Even with medical marijuana legal, one has to observe secrecy as far as growing....
The plants are getting air from all the fans circulating the air: a general ceiling fan bringing air into upstairs; and then the oscillating fan in their room 24 hours a day. At night, their curtains are closed but they seem to be thriving for the most part. I could post more pictures soon.
The Blue Dream looks like it might be ready for harvest before I expected! maybe in another couple of weeks...the Sour Diesel gets dry patches and yellow on lower leaves more easily than the others.

I do appreciate the feedback, thank you.

5th

5th

...lol, forget the FloraNova, just do whats good for you. I just like it for ease of use n' the results.

Yeah thats a real bitch not having a window. Post pics when you have time, would like to see how things are progressing. :)

greenthumb

greenthumb

I have some new pictures! My girls are flowering nicely. They are in their 5th week of flowering on CFL's: (11.5/12.5 schedule—thought I'd give them an extra 1/2 hour of darkness...), and their trichomes are starting to get amber. One of my girls, the Blue Dream, looks like it's almost ready to harvest at week 5!!!! It has more amber trichomes, and I don't want it to go beyond the optimal time to harvest....but 5 weeks?! I was told it would take at least 8-10 weeks. (I could swear I even saw some budding on her at the end of the vege period of 8 weeks!!).

The other three are coming along nicely. The J-1 is a strong plant, with the stickiest and most aromatic buds, it likes to spread its wings every-which-way and stretches too, which I don't mind at all, because I am using the LST method (low-stress-training) with strings tied to tach-nails on the wooden table which they sit on, and so far I haven't had to raise the lights a lot. It has some amber trichomes, but not as many as the Blue Dream.
The Sour Diesel is doing OK, but no amber yet.

It is so interesting to see how these different strains behave. I have to say, I'll never try to grow Trainwreck again; she's one delicate creature, gets stressed really easily, but is flowering nicely, yet it's a small plant and had purple stems from the beginning.

I think my soil must be acidic, because even though I water with PH 7.0, the runoff is acidic, orange, so I have added 10-12 drops per gallon of PH-up which turns the test purple, the runoff is still somewhat acidic, yellowish. But they seem to be healthy and coming along nicely. Any feedback about PH would be appreciated.

(I don't think my camera does extreme close-ups well, but hope these photos can show some of the buds.)

BlueDream
 Diesel J 1
 Diesel Train
 Sour Diesel
 Trainwreck
Reactions: 5th
NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Keep them going.

Example:
Blue Dream week 6ish. Two different light settings to get an idea of bud development.

Blue Dream week 10

I know it's really tempting but hold out man, they have serious swelling to do- they're only just hitting stride in aggressive flower. Not only will they be half the harvest it could have been, it'll taste like shit due to the presence of nutrients from the early harvest.

greenthumb

greenthumb

hmm...OK , so it's OK if the trichomes are mostly amber to let them go longer?

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Well I personally feel trichomes are not the sole ripeness indicator. Other factors come into play. I would venture to state that no cannabis hybrid is done in 5 weeks.

I would not harvest the plant now but do what you think is right. No better than teacher than experience. If the smoke is wack and the high is bullshit (it will be if harvested now) you know not to repeat that mistake

greenthumb

greenthumb

Well I personally feel trichomes are not the sole ripeness indicator. Other factors come into play. I would venture to state that no cannabis hybrid is done in 5 weeks.

I would not harvest the plant now but do what you think is right. No better than teacher than experience. If the smoke is wack and the high is bullshit (it will be if harvested now) you know not to repeat that mistake

Thank you NaturalTherapy! After seeing your nuggets above, I daresay my girls look somewhat immature at this point.....I kinda think I'll wait...

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Just wanted to say your girls look great and add my 2c
when I saw flowers on my 1st grow I harvested too early so I follow the rule of green thumb...
that is if you feel she is ready then
WAIT ONE MORE WEEK. and flush
much respect
FlyJ

greenthumb

greenthumb

Just wanted to say your girls look great and add my 2c
when I saw flowers on my 1st grow I harvested too early so I follow the rule of green thumb...
that is if you feel she is ready then
WAIT ONE MORE WEEK. and flush
much respect
FlyJ

Thank you FlyinJ!
I guess me too I'm so excited about the flowers and their amazing aromas that I want to think they're ready, but I think I'll wait a bit longer.

Do I still have to flush if I feed them only organics?
please see my journal link: https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...ous-indoor-grow-with-pix-and-questions.63482/

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

from a laypersons Point of View I would say It couldn't hurt. I sure other will chime in IMHO i say when you think their ready flush for 5-7 and the last water turn lights out the last 24hr. just 2c
good luck GT

Prop215Life

Prop215Life

20% amber and the majority of the rest milky cut them sis you'll either be flying to the ceiling or stuck to the couch either way it's the reward of a job well done in my book

5th

5th

Do I still have to flush if I feed them only organics?

"Organics" or not....your still feeding the plant elemental compounds. The reason for flushing is to try to lessen the amounts of these in your plant material.

NaturalTherapy posted some very helpful pictures actually. Scroll up and look at them again, see how the tips are just starting to yellow? In the next few weeks those leaves will yellow and fall off. Meaning the plant is done its life cycle.

I've found, and so have most...that your buds will make their last big push to fatten up in the last two to three weeks of their natural life.

Theres alot of decisions to be made when growing dope. I for one like my tric's 50% clear, 50% cloudy. But I'll be damned if I'm gonna chop a plant when the tric's are they way I want if I can plainly see the plant needs another few weeks to finish.

It all comes down to personal preference greenthumb, and like someone stated earlier, you can't beat hands on experience.

Good luck, were all watchen'

greenthumb

greenthumb

"Organics" or not....your still feeding the plant elemental compounds. The reason for flushing is to try to lessen the amounts of these in your plant material.

NaturalTherapy posted some very helpful pictures actually. Scroll up and look at them again, see how the tips are just starting to yellow? In the next few weeks those leaves will yellow and fall off. Meaning the plant is done its life cycle.

I've found, and so have most...that your buds will make their last big push to fatten up in the last two to three weeks of their natural life.

Theres alot of decisions to be made when growing dope. I for one like my tric's 50% clear, 50% cloudy. But I'll be damned if I'm gonna chop a plant when the tric's are they way I want if I can plainly see the plant needs another few weeks to finish.

It all comes down to personal preference greenthumb, and like someone stated earlier, you can't beat hands on experience.

Good luck, were all watchen'

Thank you 5th! :)

Top Bottom