My frist time grow?!? (Plz help)

• Thread starter buddhakingmars
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

buddhakingmars

Hello i am new here, and have a few questions i need help with.
1# i have 2,000 to work with and a room that is 12x12.
2# i only want to grow from soil, like fox fram and only give organic food,
3# i have got some seed 3 different kinds, ww,crystal,and ice.
4# (i know nothing about growing)!!!!! only that i love plants of all kinds, this is my frist try at this and really need some help like how many light, what kinda organic food to feed them and when? also what kinda fans and how to set up the area? this is a life long dream for me and i really want to do this right. I would like any help about anything you could think of for a newbie to do good on his frist grow.:animbong:

B

Bigcorners

Welcome buddha!

it seems like you have a basic knowledge of MMJs and its great to see you takin it to the next step!

Some of your questions are worded a little weird so help me out.

1. do you have $2000 to work with? or 2000watts to work with? a 12x12 room is a nice space! Are you going to be doing one grow at a time (aka: grow from seeds, veg, flower, cut down) or some type of a perpetual were you have a couple different harvests running at the same time?

2. Soil is a great medium to get started with, i personally used foxfarms on my first 2 cycles and learned alot, moved up to COCO, and now LOVE my hydro setup. As far as All organic nutes there are many company that carrie them some of the best are bio bizz, advanced nutes etc... just please dont use miracle grow that is some nasty stuff got MMJ.

3. Seeds are a sweet starting point, because now you will know and witness how a plant starts, and how fast it grows and its patterns! White Widow is a Sativa Dominate Hybrid and is a great smoke and usually grow between 55-68 days so its a nice starter. I have no idea what "crystal" or "ICE" but please let me know.

4.To determine what kind of lights, fans, and area, were going to need to know how many babies your going to have, how many seeds are you starting with? For many people doing seeds and Veg for the first time, depending on how many plants you are running and space.. i would strongly suggest a t5 light arrangement.. dosent have to be anything massive maybe a 4x8' t5 would be perfect to fully veg 4-8 plants.. if your only doing 1-3 plants to start then maybe setting up a couple CFLs would work great to and there cheap!

Answer some of the questions and let us know a little more about what you want to end up doing.. want to fill that 12x12? no problem we can help you out.. pretty soon you wont be a newbie and will be growing trees like a pro.. enjoy!

B

buddhakingmars

oooh sorry i meant i have a little over 2,000 $$$ to work with.
i would like to make the most out of the 12x12 space and put as many beautiful girls that will fit. You see for the longest time now i have wanted to take the next step but never really had the space or money, however in 2 months i will be moving into my own house and already have the money for this all. I know i love...love...love nugg's and really want to do the very best i can, also i know about the 18-6 and 12-12 phase of the time for the plant but not on howmuch lighting i will need and how to place them, and i know nothing about the fan's i will need or what the best organic food for them is??? like tiger's blood and super bloom and something called candy that make the plants have more of a taste and more bud's? im like dang!!! theres some much to this to have great nugg's p.s and crystal are like um ww and northern light's and ice is crap cant remember but somthing like ww. any help you can give me about anything would be a great help.:help::help::help:

B

Bigcorners

Duddha,

$2K is decent to work with, but its going to run out quick :D Your passion for nugs will soon get 10x more, when you start seeing them grow in front of your eyes, and then you when there all dried and cured and you get to pack a bowl of your OWN HOMEGROWN.. it truely dosent get better then that!!

Lighting
It all depends on how big you want to go and how many plants your going to want to grow. Also is your 12x12 all the room you have? what would be perfect would be a VEG room next to your 12x12 room soo you will have one smaller room dedicated to VEG and your big room dedicated to FLOWER. If you want to use all of your 12x12 for flower then possibly finding 4x 1000watt HPS lights would be perfect That would fill the room nicely with enough lights and space for possibly 25+ soil plants.

Veg room
-24hours a day of light
-1 or 2 T5 light arrangements
-exit and entry fan
-Solid thermometer w/humidity
-Small or medium standing fans to move air around

Flower room
-12hours of light a day
-4x1000w HPS lights and ballasts
-Entry and Exit fans with ducting hooked up to every light so they stay cool
-Solid thermostat w/humidity
-Large and medium standing fans to move around air in the room

To understand really what kind of lights and fans your going to need, you need to come up with a solid plan. Want a separate Veg/Flower room? are u going to combine them so both rooms fit in your 12x12? Are you going to start small or jump into a bigger grow? Do you want to do a perpetual grow or one grow at a time?

Nutes
As far as nutes... If you wanted to BEST organic food for your plants that 2k would already be gone. lol nutes get super expensive! Alot of different people use alot of differnet nutes, some say this is better some say that is better, some people say advanced nutes are great and use it 100% other say Advanced nutes is all a sales pitch and they bullie people to use there nutes and say its great, idkk but i have heard it all. Super bloom and candy are all additives that you add to your base nutes, best bet is to go over to your local hyrdo store, ask what they got in all organic nutes and talk with the guys, maybe go talk to a bunch of hydro stores, cause chances are is one of the people you will talk to will tell you ALOT about organic nutes and will help 10fold, but asking on here i bet you will get 10 different opinions :) Me i use a simple base nute and add somethings hear and there, works great i get awesome dense, full flavor flowers all year round!

Seeds
How many you got ready to go? The "Crystal" northernlights x whitewidow if true, is a killer indica, nice a stubby plant and finishes in about 55-62 days a gravy 8 week strain
"ICE" is a interesting Whitewidow x Red skunk, its a potent hybrid, growers claim it grows like a indica and finished buds smoke and hit like a fiery sativa! finishes in about 64-70 days putting it at about a 8-9 week strain.

There is a whole bunch of stuff to be learned but your on your way to dank buds!

hiboy

hiboy

also consider how much u wanna spend on your electrical bill every month. Lots of lights means lots of money. your looking at 500 $$ minimum for sure
h

B

Bigcorners

^^^ Dis is VERY TRUE 500 minimum probably alot more then that :p

B

buddhakingmars

wow....500 bucks a month elc bill....crap!:confused0054:
will that be like a red flag to the elc co.? also sure i quess i could do two room's but i have no exp in cloning...and how much are t5 light's and and the two in-take out-take fans. is there any way to bring that 500 amonth bill down some? and is dry ice really a must if i want to use co2 cuz theres no way i can aford a tank of co2 ...lol...or even how to get a tank of co2..lol

B

Bigcorners

Yea 500 is on the low side :p well unless your electricity is cheap, here in socal its nice and pricey.

Red flag to the electric company... highly doubt it, maybe if you go from a $100 bill to $5,000+ then they might send you a letter. but as long as you pay the bill somewhat on time they could care less.. there makin money. T-5 lights are cheap... especially on craigslsit. t-5lights are those 4foot long skinny lights used in most lights (aka shop lights, school lights, etc..) cheap to replace and have seriously no heat.. you can touch them all day long when running. A new 4x8 fixture would be around $125-150, used anywhere from $25+. Our 8x8 t-5 light runs around 263watts or something like that.

As far as fans, in the VEG room i would use something like this for the exhaust fan.

and for in the intake possibly something smaller...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...E&N=100007998 600035596&IsNodeId=1&name=250mm

The veg room wont be that much of a electricity hit.. the 1000w are what kill you and AC.

Co2 can be costly but not super expensive. I would strongly suggest to only run C02 in a room that is seriosuly sealed.. meaning none of it escapes out of fans, cracks, etc.. because then its just a waste. but if your serious then go for it. some hydro stores or Co2 supplier will even long term rent them to you but for a new 20lb cylinder..
http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/tanks/co2/C20.shtml
You will also need to get a regular so you can control the flow.. a 20lb cylinder lasts my 12x14 room 1.5-2 weeks and costs around $20 to refill. The benefits of Co2 is it speeds up the plants metabolism, so they grow bigger and quicker, and its vital to use C02 in environments above 78degrees, because without the plants cannot metabolize, and essentially stop growing, but with C02 you will find experienced growers can grow with temps in the high 80s!

B

buddhakingmars

well thank you for all your intel really it helps me alot.
i will keep you in tuouch with how things are going and i hope to do the very best with all the info you gave me. i have alot to put in motion now and am very thankful to you. well i may not be a jedi yet but .....i hope the force is with me...lol:fighting0003:

B

buddhakingmars

I was doing some research on lights??? and i was wondering is there a lighting that can be used through the veg stage and flowering stage? somthing that works good? and is good for veg or flowering is there lights like that out there?

B

Bigcorners

People run Metal Halid (MH) for Veg because it gives off a good light spectrum.. and then use high pressure sodium (HPS) for flowering. heres the catch.

Some people run just MH for the whole grow from Veg/Flower, because its the only light they have.
Some poeple run HPS for the whole grow. generally these grows work, but you wont get great or amazing results, So most people use both lights
Another thing not to overlook is do you really want to run a fat MH or HPS for 24hours during veg.. thats going to be one expensive electric bill.

If your deadset on just getting one light, for both Veg and flower, then you have to make sure you get a Digital Ballast most of these units can take a MH and HPS bulbs.. so when you Veg put in the MH, and when switching to HPS just change out the bulb and get straight into flower.

That might be a pretty pricey initially, but its a great setup. If you have less cash to work with then look at CFLs for super cheap Veg lights, they work awesome, and did i mention cheap? or grab a nice T-5 light for veg, super efficient, alot more less watts then that MH ballast. Keep in mind that for VEG the lights will be on for 24hours, so heat and electricity $$ have to be kept in mind.

I personally Use 3 T5 light arrangement's for my VEG and i love them, tons of light, cheap, efficient, no heat, and they last a long ass time, and for flower i use a couple enhanced spectrum HPS lights, these babies are short of being monsters :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom