My Fun With Butter.

• Thread starter GT21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
guymandude

guymandude

man I always have trouble with presentation. That's my weak spot. Your dishes look beautiful. It always warms my heart to see great chefs working with cannabis.
I started with butter extraction form the trim and buds. I found the taste to not be very pleasant. Learned to wash the butter several times before cooking with it and that helped. Lately, i've been blowing shatter and dissolving that into butter and the flavor of my cookies has never been better. Always from scratch, organic when possible, aI also do gluten free for those who need that.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
man I always have trouble with presentation. That's my weak spot. Your dishes look beautiful. It always warms my heart to see great chefs working with cannabis.
I started with butter extraction form the trim and buds. I found the taste to not be very pleasant. Learned to wash the butter several times before cooking with it and that helped. Lately, i've been blowing shatter and dissolving that into butter and the flavor of my cookies has never been better. Always from scratch, organic when possible, aI also do gluten free for those who need that.
Rock on brotha!!! Thanks a bunch... this is definitely the future of meds for non smokers..... KEEP IT UP BUDDY

Ecompost

Ecompost

I know out here in places like napa... they pay up the ass to put them on steaks and in dishes and shit
yes, i grow wood blewit, stropharia, pink oyster, shitake and straw mushrooms for eating varieties. These make about $30-50 per kg at any decent place. The blewits and strophs I grow in huge outdoor beds, these are seasonal but we pick about 300kg per flush per bed.
If you got outdoor space, shaded or ideally under say a birch, or other, providing a dappled light, then just build up a bed, add about 6 inches of fresh wood chips, I use Black Alder because i have ready access, and straw, then seed with spawn in clumps, add another layer of chips and straw and bingo. Make sure it dont dry out, but otherwise that simple mate.
You need to be on them when they fruit, everything eats them buddy, you think outdoor Mj got problems LOL.

Copper tape keeps the slugs and snails off. I run a 1 inch band of it around the bed, I get no slugs, I pre treated my beds at soil level with nematodes before adding the chips. This took out any lingering slug babies yet to show themselves above ground. They got whacked while in the soil, never made it up for air let alone food :-)

Ecompost

Ecompost

Rock on brotha!!! Thanks a bunch... this is definitely the future of meds for non smokers..... KEEP IT UP BUDDY
yarp, we like raw leaf too, great in salads, just go easy as with any wild herb, we also juice the leaves and make cannollies with them too (basically just fresh fruit and veg with juiced raw leaf ice pops). Great in the summer. People liked the bluberry, apple and leaf, and the sea berry, apple and leaf best

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Screenshot 2016 11 06 18 22 32

Ecompost

Ecompost

@Ecompost was makin shitake capsules this afternoon

Teriyaki and soy sauce compliment weed butter too
winner bro, those shitakes have magical properties, get out there in those old growth forests and seek the power of healing mushrooms with the healing herb. I am right on both, eating that there will give you super powers buddy :-) Top work. I have perfected a 5 strain gravy, using warm water extraction and adding this to a thick cooked base that has been allowed to cool from boiling. I have included, Chaga, lions Mane, Miatake, Stopharia (cordycep) and Reishi as a respiratory and immune system boost.
I have found very little nutrient loss minerallly from freezing and reheating, it does loss some of the sugars and some proteins but I suspect the losses are not as great as not having it at all. So I can harvest the wild Stropharia and give myself a supply of dried and ready frozen fresh options. At least getting me through the worst of winter here. :-)

I am fairly convinced that raw leaf, canna butter etc, used in cooking, with fungi and purple veg is in some way the answer to supporting our bodies in these times of stress

Ecompost

Ecompost

added, growing pink oysters in my grow tent in winter is also working out. i had to box them in clear plastic tubs and lids, but never the less they are producing. So i have access now to tropical shrooms that i would never be able to cultivate without extra energy. I put the spawn on blocks, rather than straw, but they work well man. I have two blocks in between each plant in a 45L tub, and they dont mind the shade a bit so I can now harvest my meds from 2 sources in one winter tent, This pleases me anyway :-) Pink Oysters fetch about $60kg here :-)

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
winner bro, those shitakes have magical properties, get out there in those old growth forests and seek the power of healing mushrooms with the healing herb. I am right on both, eating that there will give you super powers buddy :) Top work. I have perfected a 5 strain gravy, using warm water extraction and adding this to a thick cooked base that has been allowed to cool from boiling. I have included, Chaga, lions Mane, Miatake, Stopharia (cordycep) and Reishi as a respiratory and immune system boost.
I have found very little nutrient loss minerallly from freezing and reheating, it does loss some of the sugars and some proteins but I suspect the losses are not as great as not having it at all. So I can harvest the wild Stropharia and give myself a supply of dried and ready frozen fresh options. At least getting me through the worst of winter here. :)

I am fairly convinced that raw leaf, canna butter etc, used in cooking, with fungi and purple veg is in some way the answer to supporting our bodies in these times of stress
I definitely agree... i thing eat even more cannabis plant matter would bring us a whole lot of fiber and antioxidants.

Not butter related but food still hahaha

Screenshot 2016 11 11 21 49 05
Ecompost

Ecompost

I definitely agree... i thing eat even more cannabis plant matter would bring us a whole lot of fiber and antioxidants.

Not butter related but food still hahaha
pass my that whisky bro, I fucking love jamesons too

guymandude

guymandude

Thanks bud... i try n do foods because sweets get old.

sweet are dangerous for chubby old pharts like me. I get blasted on a cookie and get the munchies. Then I wander into the kitchen and see a whole plate of cookies and lose my mind until I realize they are infused and I would be in a coma for a week. It's tortuous at best.

Ecompost

Ecompost

sweet are dangerous for chubby old pharts like me. I get blasted on a cookie and get the munchies. Then I wander into the kitchen and see a whole plate of cookies and lose my mind until I realize they are infused and I would be in a coma for a week. It's tortuous at best.
I feel this comment, a plate of sugary carbon for my human biome, and I cant have it for fear of never waking up to get to work the following day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom