My Future Grow Room 8x13

• Thread starter VeganSDjoe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

VeganSDjoe

Finished the framing, drywall, and dedicated electrical outlet. Got a 100ft roll of greenhouse reflective material and glued it to the drywall. I might also cover the ceiling as well since i have plenty left over. Have a white reflective 25x10 7mil floor cover that will go down last once everything is setup. Tonight I'll be installing the exhaust and air intake ducting as well as getting my current 2 600w hid lights in the position I want and will be the most effective. Tomorrow I'll be installing a wall AC unit 8000 BTU which also has a 4000 BTU heater which I might have to use during the winter but in San Diego it doesn't get that cold but a backup just in case. Have R13 in the walls with R30 in the ceiling. Metal exterior door for the entry with airtight seals. 2 hurricane wall fans to circulate the air inside. Will be using a 8 bucket hydroponics system and keeping the temp at 78 F. Using advance nutrients and coco in my 2gal pots. I'll probably add more lights since I have the space for it but won't until I get a few harvests in.
My future grow room 8x13
My future grow room 8x13 2
My future grow room 8x13 3
My future grow room 8x13 4

Never grew weed before so this is a new venture for me. Have 6 plants in the closet which are 4 to 6 inches tall under a 250w led and should be in the new room Saturday afternoon. I'll be using 16hr light and 8 night cycles during veg and drop to 12 and 12 for flower.

V

VeganSDjoe

Wish I had that kind of space :(

Hopefully you don't have any problems with hot spots with your tin foil walls
It' Not tin foil, it's reflective Mylar film in a 4ftx100ft roll.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Your Mylar needs to be flat & tight to work right. Think of old sunglasses, they are no longer clear because the optical quality of the lens has been changed by all the scratches we get on them (They are no longer flat). Your Mylar will reflect light in the same sense... Maybe crumpled aluminum foil & a mirror are a better example?

Next time just paint the walls white. Semi gloss titanium white reflects like 90-something percent. I personally use dry-lok basement paint because it's waterproof.

Latest posts

Top Bottom