My Introduction

• Thread starter Natureboy43
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Natureboy43

Natureboy43

Good afternoon from Southern CA. I am Mike, I have a small CSA type farm a little North of San Diego, CA. Farmer Mike was already taken, so I am Natureboy43. I used to grow long ago, got a good scare and quit about 35+ years ago. I got a medical Marijuana card a couple of years ago and have been using and growing cannabis as medicine ever since. In my teens and 20’s, it was all for fun. Now it is mostly medicinal and about 5% for fun. Chronic pain is my issue. I really enjoyed growing long ago, even after I stopped smoking. For me, then and now, growing is more fun than using cannabis.

Here in CA, a medical marijuana patient can legally grow 12 plants, mature 6 and technically possess 8 oz. Weed became legal with some restrictions last fall, but importantly, a medical MJ patient is not restricted to an indoor grow. I am no good at growing plants in pots, but I am good at growing in the ground. Last year, my first grow in almost 40 years went really well. I grew seed from Amsterdam and clones from local growers. My Blueberry seedlings got really big, over 10 feet high and many feet across. Although started in June, my White Widow gave me very respectable yields as well. This year, I am growing all seedlings. Gorilla Glue cross, some white widow and one blue dream. The. GG is local the rest from ILGM out of Amsterdam.

The spring started seedlings at this writing have started to stretch and began flowering about the 23rd of July. They are all over 9’ high and 6-10 feet across. The yield on these monster plants is really good, but I realize that mainly I just like growing these really big plants. I go out in my garden and am continually amazed by their sheer size and phenomenal growth. I have a grow light on the Blue Dream to keep in veg longer as I planted it in mid-June and I want to see if I can keep in veg through August to take advantage of the summer sun. My probable first frost is usually early December, but last winter, I was frost free until February.

Our latitude of 33° gives us flowering issues as most of the summer has 13-14 hours of sunlight a day and outdoor plants can be in flower on the longest day of the year. But on the other hand, the light is much stronger than up North. I look forward to learning more on growing cannabis outdoors and want to try my hand at growing some Sativa monsters next year.

McNaughty

McNaughty

Welcome mate. Im only new myself but seems the folks here have some incredible combined knowledge. Grab a seat

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Welcome Mike! Looking forward to your journey !

Natureboy43

Natureboy43

Good afternoon from Southern CA. I am Mike, I have a small CSA type farm a little North of San Diego, CA. Farmer Mike was already taken, so I am Natureboy43. I used to grow long ago, got a good scare and quit about 35+ years ago. I got a medical Marijuana card a couple of years ago and have been using and growing cannabis as medicine ever since. In my teens and 20’s, it was all for fun. Now it is mostly medicinal and about 5% for fun. Chronic pain is my issue. I really enjoyed growing long ago, even after I stopped smoking. For me, then and now, growing is more fun than using cannabis.

Here in CA, a medical marijuana patient can legally grow 12 plants, mature 6 and technically possess 8 oz. Weed became legal with some restrictions last fall, but importantly, a medical MJ patient is not restricted to an indoor grow. I am no good at growing plants in pots, but I am good at growing in the ground. Last year, my first grow in almost 40 years went really well. I grew seed from Amsterdam and clones from local growers. My Blueberry seedlings got really big, over 10 feet high and many feet across. Although started in June, my White Widow gave me very respectable yields as well. This year, I am growing all seedlings. Gorilla Glue cross, some white widow and one blue dream. The. GG is local the rest from ILGM out of Amsterdam.

The spring started seedlings at this writing have started to stretch and began flowering about the 23rd of July. They are all over 9’ high and 6-10 feet across. The yield on these monster plants is really good, but I realize that mainly I just like growing these really big plants. I go out in my garden and am continually amazed by their sheer size and phenomenal growth. I have a grow light on the Blue Dream to keep in veg longer as I planted it in mid-June and I want to see if I can keep in veg through August to take advantage of the summer sun. My probable first frost is usually early December, but last winter, I was frost free until February.

Our latitude of 33° gives us flowering issues as most of the summer has 13-14 hours of sunlight a day and outdoor plants can be in flower on the longest day of the year. But on the other hand, the light is much stronger than up North. I look forward to learning more on growing cannabis outdoors and want to try my hand at growing some Sativa monsters next year.

Thanks guys, how do i look up archived threads? And just so i am sure, since so far it has been hard to get seed, if i order seed, it will be shipped to me in the US?

Latest posts

Top Bottom