My New Dwc Grow. First Timer

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeb437

mikeb437

2 weeks in the bucket. One week after topping. Yesterday I changed out the water in the buckets and refilled it. My PPMs were 330 and my PH was 6.1. After I topped that last week the lower branches really took off and are now taller than the Main stem so today I did some low stress training and tied the branches down so the top could catch up a bit. I also had a huge family if that was blocking a lot of sunlight so I trimmed that down as well but did not remove it. I’m going to go another week or so and then I am going to start the flowering cycle.

2B1CE356 6FD8 4040 9ED9 E6859135A807
S

Shawnery

Thumbs up!

Better luck than I!

I've never had a green thumb and it carried over to hydro cannabis.

Look forward to seeing the bud from this.

Seems like you're going for small plants? Have you heard of a sea of green. Its a great way to get large amounts of bud but with great turn over.

mikeb437

mikeb437

Thumbs up!

Better luck than I!

I've never had a green thumb and it carried over to hydro cannabis.

Look forward to seeing the bud from this.

Seems like you're going for small plants? Have you heard of a sea of green. Its a great way to get large amounts of bud but with great turn over.

Hopefully its a female.. and Yes ive heard of it but as a first timer with this i figured id go small. Ive never had much of a problem growing it. It was the harvesting,drying and curing that fucked me over. I had a successful grow a few years ago in a homemade box using rockwool but i didnt remove the males quick enough and i got seeds.. ugh. Plus the smell wasnt good in the basement. Moms thought we had a skunk. This time im in my own place with no roomies and ill have a couple different areas for vegging and budding so i dont pollinate the females in case of a male. My main purpose is to learn the drying/curing process at this point with some good dank buds without seeds in them. With more experience, i might try for the sea of green. I havent even cloned a plant yet...

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

looking good dude, i'd just say if anything, bring the water level up and submerge those roots.

DGP

DGP

Hopefully its a female.. and Yes ive heard of it but as a first timer with this i figured id go small. Ive never had much of a problem growing it. It was the harvesting,drying and curing that fucked me over. I had a successful grow a few years ago in a homemade box using rockwool but i didnt remove the males quick enough and i got seeds.. ugh. Plus the smell wasnt good in the basement. Moms thought we had a skunk. This time im in my own place with no roomies and ill have a couple different areas for vegging and budding so i dont pollinate the females in case of a male. My main purpose is to learn the drying/curing process at this point with some good dank buds without seeds in them. With more experience, i might try for the sea of green. I havent even cloned a plant yet...

Depending on the strain it might get a lot bigger once you flip the plant. Mine tend to almost triple in size after flip. The batch I flipped a week ago were about 18" high and about the same 18" in diameter. they are already significantly bigger in just a week. Last time a ran this strain I saw plants that ended up over 5-6 feet tall and I actively managed the light height and intensity to prevent excessive stretch and they weren't lanky but so bushy I had to prune frequently.

Dee

mikeb437

mikeb437

I only have a 2x4 tent so i need to keep these small. Working with 2 ft long t5’s and a 150w hps. Im thinking of buying a nice LED light for more wattage and less heat. I must need to have a successful grow and cure first before i expand the production.

DGP

DGP

Here is what I used and very much recommend, a fairly high powered LED (130W but runs most efficiently at 50-65W) that can be dimmed down to whatever intensity is needed:

I run my 2X4 veg tent with these

up to 65W COB (3 ea.):

Cxm22

Holder (3 ea.):
https://cobkits.com/product/bjb-holder-for-clu048/
Bjb048

Active Cooler (3 ea):
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16835186070
35 186 070 02

Driver (1 ea. for 3-5 COBs):
https://cobkits.com/product/meanwell-hlg-240h-54b-driver/
240 54B

Fan driver (1 ea.):

A908 130927580904244328Uu4M4aGb9g

The downside of this arrangement is it costs a little more than what is shown below and is best built into light bars with some additional aluminum strips, like this (wiring is super simple):
3bar

Or just 3 of these (about $172 for the whole 3 light setup, driver and all!) Just need a $5 potentiometer from Amazon to control the brightness. No fans needed (string em up with just some thin metal wire) and one of the drivers listed above:

Cxm22 120

240 54B

S

Shawnery

If you're on a budget I got some lights I'd sell you for half price? They're just sitting around.

They're the cxa3070's which are last year's model but for 90 bucks a piece you can't go wrong. I got 4 of them and two would do great in that spot.

People will talk shit about them but I grew the best bud I and any of my friends have ever smoked with it. Didn't get any stretch in terms of faulty light.

Let me know if you're interested or not. They're literally just sitting around and they're totally worth the half price is ask.

I'm not trying to make money on your post, just trying to help out

mikeb437

mikeb437

If you're on a budget I got some lights I'd sell you for half price? They're just sitting around.

They're the cxa3070's which are last year's model but for 90 bucks a piece you can't go wrong. I got 4 of them and two would do great in that spot.

People will talk shit about them but I grew the best bud I and any of my friends have ever smoked with it. Didn't get any stretch in terms of faulty light.

Let me know if you're interested or not. They're literally just sitting around and they're totally worth the half price is ask.

I'm not trying to make money on your post, just trying to help out

Are they ready to hang? Got pics i can see? Seriously, i do t know wtf im doing when it comes to assembling these so id want a plug n go type of thing. Also, are these good for veg, flowering or both?

S

Shawnery

Are they ready to hang? Got pics i can see? Seriously, i do t know wtf im doing when it comes to assembling these so id want a plug n go type of thing. Also, are these good for veg, flowering or both?
I totally forgot about this. I'll send you a pm about it.

mikeb437

mikeb437

Im stumped!! I just found this liquid substance on one of my plants today. It looks as if something dripped on it but I also noticed this on my other plant in a completely different area. It feels somewhat slimy like a lubricant or something but I have no idea what it is. I had to take a paper towel to my bigger plant two days ago and wipe off a couple of the leaves because the same crap was on it. Any ideas on what the stuff is??

8751B652 B0EA 414F A2E5 4D1D675143E3
9C7C43AD A07C 43CD A653 923B29C1F329
DGP

DGP

That is so funny! I have been seeing this in my grow for weeks usually just on one or two leaves and I searched high and low for the source....cannot figure it out but it happens regularly in my flower room.

Dee

mikeb437

mikeb437

Ok. Flipped the lights last week. I took a few pics so you guys can see. Not sure if these are preflowers or not or whether it is showing any gender. I did find some of that liquid on the leaves of this plant as well and then this morning my smaller plant had the same substance on it. Look at my previous post and you will see what I’m talking about. Not sure what it is but everything looks good so far

1307FDE9 35EA 4B03 8829 CD5712A6B1DA
AC2A48E0 D83F 4D23 8FDD 4B42F5ABE806
Cookiebone13

Cookiebone13

Hey guys just seen the thread and your plants are looking pretty awesome! This is my first time ever growing canabis and never had a chance to talk to anyone about what and how to do things and this thread has been very helpful, anyway anybody could maybe see if these plants look like any strain they have seen or anything. I had these two seeds in my grinder for awhile and think they are female so I planted them and here we are! For the first few weeks I only was using the grow big from fox farm and then switched to AN about 2 weeks ago and seems to be doing way better. I can send pics too, but my profile pic is the 2 plants, had to plant together because the thing I sprouted the seeds with said to put 2-3 in there and I didn’t know if they were going to sprout, so I put 2 in and they both popped

DGP

DGP

What's your humidity at night and day ? Some times when lighting goes off humidity rigors up are you finding it where leaves are touching??
I see this phenomenon in my grow during lights on periods but even when humidity is fairly low. I have a 4X5 canopy and I will see 2 or 3 places where a leaf has condensation on it and no leaves around the area show it, just that one spot. Have never been able t figure it out.

BTW, the plant is looking nice.

Dee

Newfieocean

Newfieocean

Interested, thinking of doing a similar setup in my 3x3 tent. I'm along for the ride!

mikeb437

mikeb437

What's your humidity at night and day ? Some times when lighting goes off humidity rigors up are you finding it where leaves are touching??
I haven’t noticed. Actually the one plant that I have is a smaller plant and there were no other leaves touching this when it happened.

DGP

DGP

I haven’t noticed. Actually the one plant that I have is a smaller plant and there were no other leaves touching this when it happened.

How are the plants getting along? Mine are in week 2 of flower and are really growing fast.....in the stretch now

Dee

Top Bottom