My new favorite soil

• Thread starter thoughtquery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

thoughtquery

IHey fellow cultivators!

If you are purchasing soil still i would most definitely check out the vermi line by these guys.
I have used empire builder, ocean forest, happy frog, basement, and by far this is such a great light airy mix, just might need a little more perlite. A great base for your own soil creations :)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I saw some Vegan Potting soil somewhere but I cant remember where and what the brand was..

Maybe I dreamed it..:confused:
not really into Vegan...or...is that what they call it??o_O
Kyle kushman style?

but anyway...carry on..

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Home Depot had a vegan blend. I'm now buying the cheapest organic soil I can find. $3.50/cf. Amend as I go. Seems to be working well.

outwest
That might have been where I saw it..I was there for a min.
I got a bag of Kellogs,,,"organic based" potting soil o_O
I want to stop using that because I heard it might have human waste in it :eek:
I dont want shit in my soil anymore..

B

buzzedtwice

I used vermisoil when I was growing in dirt, worked pretty damn good

samino

samino

IHey fellow cultivators!

If you are purchasing soil still i would most definitely check out the vermi line by these guys.
I have used empire builder, ocean forest, happy frog, basement, and by far this is such a great light airy mix, just might need a little more perlite. A great base for your own soil creations :)

You may be on too something here, nice find!

The Krinken

The Krinken

anybody seen or tried this soil yet?

g420.jpg

The secret recipe grower formula for vital growth and optimum impact. The Emerald Triangle blend is a special blend of ingredients hand selected specifically for the needs of professional flower growers. Our 100% natural & organic formula is carefully crafted to provide the ideal conditions for cut flower production. Recipe 420 is a blend of premium aged fir bark, coir, sphagnum peat moss, pumice, earthworm castings, seabird guano, crab meal, and humic acids. Enhanced with mycorrhizal fungi and beneficial soil bacteria.

The Krinken

The Krinken

yea they gave me a free bag of it to check out - it's fairly new to the market - but its really nice - definitely nicer than that sanctuary soil....

not too airy either - i like it so far but just start using it in veg

symbiote420

symbiote420

I had a bag of Vermiblend just laying around the house so I mixed it 8:1 with ProMix HP, then mixed in some Happy Frog Fruit & Flower 5-8-4

symbiote420

symbiote420

I hope the 420 on the bag isn't just a marketing ploy and it turns out to be a pretty good mj mix

The Krinken

The Krinken

well, it is but it isn't - i don't really think it is as much as it's to let you know that its good for cannabis - it does seem like a perfect mix for it - thats how i mix my soil now - i use peat and coco but coco mainly as an amendment for added aeration

the best soil i believe for cannabis, is peat based lightened with coco - so if you ask me, they're completely on the right track with that mix

symbiote420

symbiote420

well, it is but it isn't - i don't really think it is as much as it's to let you know that its good for cannabis - it does seem like a perfect mix for it - thats how i mix my soil now - i use peat and coco but coco mainly as an amendment for added aeration

the best soil i believe for cannabis, is peat based lightened with coco - so if you ask me, they're completely on the right track with that mix

The ingredients are killer for cannabis growth, I use/used every one myself, and my niece works at a florist and they use fir bark exclusively

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hi Krinken, thanks for sharing that. What's the price point on that? How much do you get for the price? I liked the Eden's Valley I got for a decent price early this year, but the gals said it's typically a lot more (I think she said something like close to $17/2'cu bag), just ridiculously expensive unless you're comparing it to something like Pro-Mix. Which, it turns out, my local Lowe's-down is carrying on the regular. A-FLIPPIN'-MAY-ZING. Just sayin'. They don't carry Espoma products and since they've opened I've been hitting them up. I'm sure the Espoma would sell up here.

shawnskush

shawnskush

I just saw that recipe 420 soil at a really large legitimate flower nursery yesterday and was wondering to myself if it would be any good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom