My Og, Still Curing?

• Thread starter The Humanure
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The Humanure

The Humanure

My OG, its still got that "Hay funk"
Its in 15 pound totes. (The costco ones) and its got 15lbs in there.
Stored at 52F.

If you squish the bud or cut it apart its got OG smell!

When you press it its sticky.
When you grind it, its to moist to smoke.
LAST YEAR I gave up on the cookies/OG because it took THREE months to rid its self of the Chlorophyll and Nitrogen gas what have you.
There was some clumping on the bottom of the totes, but it all looks awesome bright green.
(I know what a damaged bag looks like, we lost a bag one year and it was nasty green, went dark)

Im just weirded out. But iv been told a perfect cure can take up to 6 weeks on a very dense bud.
We put in the tom turkey bags, the huge HUGE ones and closed them up for 24 hours then dumping back on a rack.
But its been cut for three weeks or longer.
Where is the Funk!

My neighbor said keep putting in bags every 12 hours for 12 hours then on a rack for 12 hours to get the nitrogen and any stick moisture out and get the Nitrogen and chlorofil out then the OG funk will remain.

Last year my Blue dream was HAY for 3 months then it Finley off gassed.

I forgot to mention the totes have been "Burped" and the bottoms turned to the top once and cracked open a second time.

Last edited:
GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Can we see picks of the top quality your unloading at tge dispo?

The Humanure

The Humanure

When i used the flash its fine.
When I opened my garage door into direct light it looks perfect.

No doubt it looks and squishes perfect, just the hay smell lingering.

My cookies took 3 months to "Cure"

20171118 170733
20171118 170733
20171118 170757

One on one a squish the bud smells fine.

On further testing its stems snap just fine.

View attachment 758641

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Still smells like hay/grass as there' a lot of sugar leaf left on the bud. That alone will hinder the cure process.

52* is pretty damn cold to cure. What' your rh? What was the rh of the bud when you put into tubs? What' the rh in the tub after 24hrs of being sealed? Also tour tubs are not air tight. So they will constantly burp, not the way you want them.

For bulk, grab a bucket and gamma lid. Done

The Humanure

The Humanure

Thanks. Do all that and I get the small back? Also the Mr Nice cut. 2 weeks before the of had perfect smell. The dragon lady also good and done.
Gamma bucket and it comes back?
We hand trim but you know trimming by hand after machine wet trim takes months so we cure then trim then nitrogen bag.

I should have mentioned they felt crispy dry and a little chewey like dank chewey on the days we flipped the bottoms of the totes. I don't know the RH it just felt dry.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I machine trim wet. Net dry in a 75* 55% rh controlled room for 4 days, then Into bags for 5 more days ( brping, 1x daily for 1hr at 60%rh and 79*, then ino jars, burping daily for 45mins until.rh is stable at 55%max for 24hrs. This takes me about 2 weeks.

If you don' know the rh, you might as well not bother to ph either. Cure is almost more important than growing.

The Humanure

The Humanure

We dry 1 week on racks 72f 62 RH put in a secondary room 73f 33rh then totes for a week burped. Rotated top to bottom. Burped quite a few times. Let sit a week or two and then hand trim

But I'm just waiting for the gas to bleed out now and then just the funk stays when your squish or grin it smells like dope.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

That 2nd dry at 33% rh killed you. Your buds dried out too quick before you could burp all the chylorphyl out. I don't think theres anything you can do at rhis point.

My only rec is to drop in Orange peels and hop it' takes on a citrus smell.

The Humanure

The Humanure

Thanks. No they are still wet. A dank wet. Not a compost wet. I'll give it a few weeks. Last year this same plant did the same thing and perfect after 2 months in gamma buckets. Color is perfect. Thanks for advice.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I machine trim wet. Net dry in a 75* 55% rh controlled room for 4 days, then Into bags for 5 more days ( brping, 1x daily for 1hr at 60%rh and 79*, then ino jars, burping daily for 45mins until.rh is stable at 55%max for 24hrs. This takes me about 2 weeks.

If you don' know the rh, you might as well not bother to ph either. Cure is almost more important than growing.
What machine do u use?

The Humanure

The Humanure

I drove all day with my herb, was dank and smelled like skunks not trash.
2XT2 twisters on rails then into Triminator dry.

The clubs also told me,
"This outdoor does not look like Indore"
Then showed me the usual bottle of the most dank pot and said they pay $200 a pound.

Lets hand the market to robots.

Latest posts

Top Bottom