My Pc Grow Box

• Thread starter radisues
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
radisues

radisues

hello friends, i'm so excited , today i bought a pc grow box for 15$ and i'm going to grow stealth style :d , wow

this is my pc box size : 65x40x21 cm or 25.6"x15.7"x8.2"

i removed the unnecessary things in box and cleaned that and tomorrow i'm going to light proof the box, what is better for light proofing ? pc box has a 2 free fans ! one 120mm and one 90 mm , is that enough for exhaust and intake or i need more ? . i wanna grow with cfl , i think 42w cfl is better, what u guys think ?

anyway its my first indoor growing , i've done outdoor growing couple of time, but for indoor i'm probably a beginner, i mean recently i read and see a lot about indoor growing on internet, but i never done it like this before

i appreciate that anyone could help me and tell me their opinions and ideas about anything in that, thank u guys , up to 420 !

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I'm going to be real honest with you. A PC grow is a waste of time, resources and most of all, cash. You won't harvest anything near a decent return on investment and you'll experience many issues including overgrowing your space and heat. My recommendation is, go to goodwill or somewhere like that and pick up a $10 cabinet or dresser. Convert that into a decent grow space and do yourself proper for your first indoor grow. A PC case is cool for the novelty factor, but for someone wanting to grow real product, you need more space than that.

BUT if you're going to go for it, CFL's or LED's are your best bet. The fans you have will suffice for your exhaust, just leave it at passive intake for now. What medium are you going to grow in? You'll probably want to go straight to 12/12 from seed otherwise you're going to run into height issues quickly after flip. Good luck.

One Love,
tobh

radisues

radisues

thanks alot , but i don't have any other choice , i living with my parrents and this is my only option for stealth growing, i thought that a SCROG might help me for height problem (btw height is 65cm and taller than normal cases) and maybe it helps me for 18/6 lighting, but thanks anyway.

btw i'm gonna use cfl for heat problem , how many and what cfl s u recommend buddy
again thanks alot

north knect

north knect

thanks alot , but i don't have any other choice , i living with my parrents and this is my only option for stealth growing, i thought that a SCROG might help me for height problem (btw height is 65cm and taller than normal cases) and maybe it helps me for 18/6 lighting, but thanks anyway.

btw i'm gonna use cfl for heat problem , how many and what cfl s u recommend buddy
again thanks alot
I don't think they have walmarts in Iran lol but they have 2oo watt cfl bulbs with standard inlets..one of those with a mechanic light holder will work just fine..I use them for side lighting..here's a pic of them hanging so u get the idea

radisues

radisues

still i have confusion about light setup ,the best spot, vertical or horizontal, how many lamps ! :|

radisues

radisues

i'm afraid that lights burn the plants , i mean 2 plants i think

radisues

radisues

ok, thanks, first of all i'm gonna light proof inside of the case ,til tomorrow. and in the front side of the case as u see in pic there are three places near themselves for 80mm fan, shouldn't get fans to intake from that and exhuast from back

radisues

radisues

what do i do about intake air while i'm light proofing inside ? make holes in it !?

radisues

radisues

i got 2 power supply adaptor ,12v 2A and 9v 500mA
which is better for connecting fans ?

Toaster79

Toaster79

Once you've got your lights set up and running try both to see which fits better to keep the temps in range. I've got adjustable power supply 5-15V and set the voltage acording to temps and rh usually between 7 and 13.5V depending on time of year and size of plants.

Keep it green!

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I don't think anyone mentioned the smell you need to cover.
I sure as hell would not want to step foot in a Iranian prison.
You will need some type of filter to scrub the smell.

radisues

radisues

thank u guys , btw this is my work until now :

image.jpg

i bought 4 23w cfl and installed them, and connected 2 fans with 12v adaptor for exhaust. still working on light proofing

radisues

radisues

i couldn't find a carbon filter today , tomorrow i will search more, thanks for the warning man ! :d

Top Bottom