Mycorrhiza & 35% H2o2

• Thread starter Inverse
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

Inverse

Hello everyone,
Currently I am using a DIY aeroponic cloner made from a 5gallon bucket with 2 gallons of non-phed well water. In my res I run H2O2, 1tsp per gal and B-1, 1tsp per gal. The root growth has been better than expected. 10 day in and the roots are about 2 inches. In a few days I was planning to transplant the clones from the aeroponic cloner into small soil filled containers. Upon transplants I was planning on using mycorrhiza on the roots and in the surrounding soil around the roots. My plan was to water with ph adjusted well water enriched with B-1, and bio-root. My question is will H2O2 have a counterproductive interaction with the mycorrhiza I add to my soil or with the bio-root if I continue to add 1tsp per gallon of water? Thank you in advance for any information you are able to provide.

Last edited:
Ceveres

Ceveres

It's my understanding that h202 is detrimental to soil micro biology. I would think it would render your mycorrhizae useless as well. After transplanting into soil you would continue to water in h202?

I

Inverse

Based on my research H2O2 in low dosages to soil medium outdoors increases the oxygen uptake of the roots making nutrients more easily accessible to the plant. Mycorrhiza being a fungal type of inoculant is my only concern. Thank you Ceveres for your response. My original belief was similar to yours and still may be true. Hopefully we can get some experienced outdoor growers who have meddled with H2O2 in soil.

Ceveres

Ceveres

Based on my research H2O2 in low dosages to soil medium outdoors increases the oxygen uptake of the roots making nutrients more easily accessible to the plant. Mycorrhiza being a fungal type of inoculant is my only concern. Thank you Ceveres for your response. My original belief was similar to yours and still may be true. Hopefully we can get some experienced outdoor growers who have meddled with H2O2 in soil.
Agreed, sorry I couldn't be more sure. It's just in my experience in my aero cloner, h202 in very small amounts (1ml/gal) seemed to brown my roots. I cut it out and hadn't had a problem since as long as the ph is inot range.

I

Inverse

I was suffering from the beginning stages of stem rot during the first 5 days. I believe this was due to the high temps as it is been around 110 in northern Cali, I've tried to keep the ambient temp of the room around 80 which is still not optimal but its the best I could do. My res peeking at 85 during the time the pump was running. Started to add 2litter bottles of frozen water, the H2O2 and B-1 cured the stem rot and all 12 clones have beautiful white roots. You should give the H2O2 another try, it could have been high temps that gave you root rot or if your running your pump 24/7. Just my .02.

Enforcer

Enforcer

The guy at the grow shop told me to use 2.5 ml per gallon, of the 35% H2O2 when I swap out my rez. Over the course of the conversation I told him I was using mycorrhiza at each transplant and he still suggested it. He said it should keep the funk out of my rez.

A full teaspoon per gallon may be a bit much.

B

Burned Haze

Use only H202 in cleaning of the rez if your a organic Gardner ( you can use h202 on your plants for anti fungi (foliar)but not anything drench or in your soil/medium cause it will kill your beneficials!)

Hydro/synthetic growers need the cleanliness of that to guratee their system is clean and no stem/root rot . I would spray h202 or iso on ur Rez and just clean it and and scrub it out and just flush it and never allow h202 to be your system if your wanting to be organics and have a good opopulation of mykos

Last edited by a moderator:
Enforcer

Enforcer

Use only H202 in cleaning of the rez if your a organic Gardner ( you can use h202 on your plants for anti fungi (foliar)but not anything drench or in your soil/medium cause it will kill your beneficials!)

Hydro/synthetic growers need the cleanliness of that to guratee their system is clean and no stem/root rot . I would spray h202 or iso on ur Rez and just clean it and and scrub it out and just flush it and never allow h202 to be your system if your wanting to be organics and have a good opopulation of mykos
Upon reassessment I agree. Only use it if you are cleaning or trying to correct something.

Top Bottom