N.c Getting One Step Closer To Mmj

• Thread starter drewski85
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
drewski85

drewski85

Good news for marijuana activists! A bill to make legal the use of medicinal marijuana in North Carolina passed its first reading in the General assembly. The bill, created to benefit ill patients, received support from the public and policymakers. The bill opens up people suffering from anorexia, Chron’s and cancer to the option of using medical marijuana.

“It’s logical. It makes sense,” said Representative Kelly M. Alexander, a Democrat. “It really boils down to the fact that there’s evidence that medical marijuana helps in a number of cases like PTSD and [side effects of] chemotherapy.”

“There is concern that people will use the law to get [prescriptions unethically], but that concern already exists in the prescription of medicine pill mills,” says Robert Capecchi, depurty director of state policies at the Marijuana Policy Project “In addition, marijuana is non-lethal and lacks the life-ending side effects that certain prescription medicines have.”

The discussion of the bill comes months after Governor Pat McCrory signed a law allowing limited use of medical marijuana to treat seizures.

“It’s illogical for the government not to legalize marijuana because we could earn money from taxing it, and we could spend less taxpayer money imprisoning kids who were caught with marijuana. All that does is ruin someone’s life and waste taxpayer money,” says Duke University freshman Emelina Vienneau.

With any luck, North Carolina will be the next state to allow medical marijuana.

Read more at http://higherperspective.com/2015/02/north-car-med-marijuana.html#FQd0S2kQ5GlcOzdo.99

J

jeff1962

North carolina has a methadone clinic ever 10 miles but weed just wont fly...ashville has 6 methadone clinics that I know of..poloticians suck ass

darkmatter

darkmatter

O well. Z news said not next year either. In the Jason king book the 3rd one I think there's a little tidbit about nc actually being the first state that sorta kinda prescribed cannibis for a few folks outta duke university. Something along those lines.i wish I could walk in a store a buy what I've been dragging through the last 10 years of my life just to feel how I want to feel. I can't stop though when jars gettin empty I always have turn it up a notch.

Oldmanstoner

Oldmanstoner

unless you live in Tennessee I wouldn't recommend it. Doubt the bill will pass.thom tillis will probably let the bill die in the rules and operation committee(again).

I live in TN we might get med before u in NC but NC is 1/3 of the time then TN if one gets caught up with the Law as it is now or that is how I understand it. Thinking the Hot Springs area be nice n close to Knoxville.

Pawn

Pawn

Sigh, you probably will sadly, something is really gumming the works in our Legislature here. My local Congresswoman was a proponent for the bill. I want to pick her brain one day on why we can't get this through, it's very frustrating. We have a lot of wounded vets in NC with Bragg and Jackson, I don't know why they insist on forcing our troops onto narcotics, just makes me sad :(

Ah well, we continue to fight the good fight.

germinator

germinator

Any large corporate political party contributors there?
Big tobacco, pharmaceutical corps will dam up the flo considerably on state as well as federal levels. $$$$$$
Like peeling an onion.
Peace ..... good luck cuz I also think NC would be a great place to retire.

S

Seed Buyer

I have several tobacco farmers coming into our shop buying indoor gear now. The tobacco industry is a dying industry. These farmers tell me all their tobacco is going to China now. They are dying to make the change and transition from tobacco to legal weed. Most of them are only growing indoors in the winter after all the migrants have left for the year and the farms have quieted down. But that industry is chomping at the bit for change.

Tkm953

Tkm953

I live out. Near the coast,lot of farmland just waiting to be turned into bud farms.Tillis sucks as does most of the rest.We can keep up public pressure,and besides nothing makes a politician salivate like tax money.Colorados tax on recreational just past 55 million.for the year Hmmm let's see em weep over that.

Sickboy43

Sickboy43

Good news for marijuana activists! A bill to make legal the use of medicinal marijuana in North Carolina passed its first reading in the General assembly. The bill, created to benefit ill patients, received support from the public and policymakers. The bill opens up people suffering from anorexia, Chron’s and cancer to the option of using medical marijuana.

“It’s logical. It makes sense,” said Representative Kelly M. Alexander, a Democrat. “It really boils down to the fact that there’s evidence that medical marijuana helps in a number of cases like PTSD and [side effects of] chemotherapy.”

“There is concern that people will use the law to get [prescriptions unethically], but that concern already exists in the prescription of medicine pill mills,” says Robert Capecchi, depurty director of state policies at the Marijuana Policy Project “In addition, marijuana is non-lethal and lacks the life-ending side effects that certain prescription medicines have.”

The discussion of the bill comes months after Governor Pat McCrory signed a law allowing limited use of medical marijuana to treat seizures.

“It’s illogical for the government not to legalize marijuana because we could earn money from taxing it, and we could spend less taxpayer money imprisoning kids who were caught with marijuana. All that does is ruin someone’s life and waste taxpayer money,” says Duke University freshman Emelina Vienneau.

With any luck, North Carolina will be the next state to allow medical marijuana.

Read more at http://higherperspective.com/2015/02/north-car-med-marijuana.html#FQd0S2kQ5GlcOzdo.99
I feel you Carolina... very interesting and informative article

Sickboy43

Sickboy43

I have several tobacco farmers coming into our shop buying indoor gear now. The tobacco industry is a dying industry. These farmers tell me all their tobacco is going to China now. They are dying to make the change and transition from tobacco to legal weed. Most of them are only growing indoors in the winter after all the migrants have left for the year and the farms have quieted down. But that industry is chomping at the bit for change.
It's a damn shame that this is what it has come to..smash.. these people around here are gonna do whatever it takes to put food on the table

Sickboy43

Sickboy43

Can't wait for tn and nc tobacco farms to get into mmj.. Their first entry for a cup will be the round up haze. Slight aroma of round up with an immediate round up flavor. But it won't have any fuckin bugs on it!
People around here know how to get it done..it doesn't take a brain surgeon to make it happen.. look at YouTube ... it's full of people who think they have it figured out...I'm been in this game for many years and I have yet to make any round up buds

Sickboy43

Sickboy43

Sigh, you probably will sadly, something is really gumming the works in our Legislature here. My local Congresswoman was a proponent for the bill. I want to pick her brain one day on why we can't get this through, it's very frustrating. We have a lot of wounded vets in NC with Bragg and Jackson, I don't know why they insist on forcing our troops onto narcotics, just makes me sad :(

Ah well, we continue to fight the good fight.
It's a crying shame this is what it's come to

drewski85

drewski85

theres a new bill that has been introduced. it was referred to a committee(different one than before) .Alexander and Harrison are sponsoring the bill.

Latest posts

Top Bottom