Nectar for the Gods

• Thread starter MakinGoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

happyflowers

Took a look on the thread, looks like there is some good talk going on. The only thing that I see over and over that concerns me is the Bloom Khaos questions, and I think the thread should know that the Khaos is a calcium facilitator. When using the khaos, having calcium phosphate and calcium bicarbonate available to plants is extremely important. Mixing the khaos with any salts will tie up the calcium and make it less available. The best balance to driving the khaos is increasing the Herculean Harvest at the same time as increasing the khaos. Those two go hand in hand for flower development and overall weight. When Khaos is sprayed under the foliage, it triggers the plants want for calcium for cell development and cell division. When these two products are in balance, it enhance the stage the plant is currently in. In Veg it promotes tighter inter nodal spacing, branching and over all health. In the flowering stage it promotes harder flowers, heavier weight and richer oils. In Denver we see the test results come back from our commercial growers and what they have found is that the plants sprayed with Khaos and fed lots of Herculean Harvest had higher levels of active ingredients in the fruiting bodies then the control plants that were left to the regular recipe without Khaos. So my recommendation is to use the Khaos alone with Nectar products only, and if you feel the need to supplement with a salt based additive, then do that on it’s own day without the addition of Nectar Products.
Demeter’s is our answer to the Cal/Mag Deficiencies, and without using calcium nitrate and magnesium nitrate. The calcium in the Demeter’s is specifically chosen to react with coir fiber and peat moss to extract natural forms of magnesium and potassium from the medium through chelation. It is very effective as long as there is minimal salt present in the root zone. If the salt level builds up around the roots stomata then the plants ability to naturally extract calcium and magnesium from the coir fiber is hindered. This can be remedied by initiating a Herculean Harvest flush pH’d in the mid 6’s. This calcium flush will tie up excess salts and turn them into organic compounds that need to be broken down by a microbial field before the plant can access it again. Hope this all make sense.

Happy Growing

Scott Ostrander
President
Oregon's Only Organics

Thank you for the info and the product! How would you handle these deficiencies when growing in rockwool blocks?

P

Pimples

Thank you for the info and the product! How would you handle these deficiencies when growing in rockwool blocks?
Dude...not to be a downer but if your new at this...the last medium i would be using for NFTG is rockwool. Seriously. Iam sure it can be done but even pro veteran growers would think twice using something like Nectar for a real deal hydroponic substrate like straight rockwool. Tough to get right. Even if you know what your doing and understand how plants really "work".

D

Dallas4lr

I ran NFTG from 2013 thru 2016, so I have quite a bit of insight on the product. Plants looked great but I got far lower yields in comparison to my prior runs using Canna A&B, or FloraNova. The amounts of Herculean Harvest and the number of additives you have to use to get the benefits of the line makes it far too expensive for anyone doing large runs; just to end up with average yields. If I had to rate the three based on yield and potency it would be 1) FloraNova 2) Canna 3) NFTG. Now taste is a whole different ball game, lol!

mtownshend

mtownshend

So I sprayed some pegasus potion tonight. Stunk up the room for a good few hours. The stuff really stinks baaaaad. Probably the worst smelling nute up there with Alaska fish except it's a poultry nasty smell. Don't know if I'll be using it again but they seemed to have loved it!

They use Spearmint and some other extracts to mellow the smell, if you don't smell it, the bottle is old. try to exchange for a new one or buy elsewhere. The NOG I get off Amazon is always fresh, FWIW. There are a couple, three that will smell bad no matter what, but you should detect a Spearmint extract, if not, it's old.

Tritons Trawl gets rank when old as well as some others. Their site will pinpoint the ones the are hard to mask. Kraken can smell. I have a bottle of organic spearmint extract that I will add a few ml to the bottle, seems to bring the mask back...

Posidezime should not smell bad, it seems to last a while, so you have a really old bottle.

mtownshend

mtownshend

Does anyone have or know of the full 17 bottle feeding schedule? I can only find the 14 or 15 bottle schedule, which leaves application rates up in the air.

Message me if you may have it, I'll pass on my email.

Many thanks in advance.

mtownshend

mtownshend

There are 2 missing, Kraken and Persope's Palate (a carb). The kraken is potent and I don't really have any idea what the usage rate should be over the life. Seems the scheduled rates for the others are totally different than whats on the bottle.

I truely believe that this is the line that will give exactly what it claims....better taste, better bag appeal and more terps (much clearer taste, particularly when live resin is made.) I have some short ones, some are in the last week, others will follow in the next 2-3. Will get some pics when the light comes on, very impressive, the trichs are exploding and some density to the tops. Even under a 400W induction light (2'x4' spread). small space, this fit needs perfectly.

First try with the new millennium equinox (supposed to force a SARs response in last week by mimicking frost) 14-5 strains, candy store, lol.

mtownshend

mtownshend

I think I posted the 2 missing, they are phasing two out or it’s new. Not sure why kraken isn’t on the schedule.

What large grow ops use isn’t of much concern to me, this is medicine that I only make for myself and could care less about yeild. Taste, potency and vitality is what I need. Just because a greenhouse can’t afford the product, for all the right reason, doesn’t preclude one from using NFTG for small scale operations where quart bottle lasts 6 months. Every other line I’ve used need up tasting like hay, bigger yields, but loss of taste.

When the quality of the final product is of such a priority, the cost doesn’t matter, to a point. What that price point is is an individual choice.

There is no doubt that it giveS exactly what it advertises, very rare in the bs sold for product lines that cost the same or more and does nowhere near what it proports? From my experience, none. Sick and tired of that. Making everything else, cooking the soil for 6 months, castings, LAM, EM’s, compost, it’s a desire / need for the best / cleanest results, not the heaviest plants to show off online that tastes like hay. If your bottom line is the main concern, don’t use it, simple as that, your not gonna break even, but if you want to know your getting the best result, the cost is nobody’s business to judge. We all have certain priorities and I like to see that here, not the complaining about the cost, that’s my concern, not anyone else’s. 20+ years of using virtually every product produced at some time should be plenty enough to respect someone’s descision on what they use, IMO.

Ive cut opiates out completely doing what I do, that’s a big thing that has saved my life, literally. I’ve got a couple engineering degrees that I can’t use due to my health. I understand constructive critism, but not just throwing shade cause your assumed anonymity.

P

PharmHand

NFTG can turn out some tasty bud but dam are their names ever cheesy. And 17 bottles wtf..... Posiedozym? Who comes up with this shit? It's worse than AN. As a grown man I'd feel like a fucking moron walking into a grow store asking about a bottle of Demeters destiny. It's calmag ffs. I'd be more willing to give it shot with standard type names..... and less bottles. Cmon NFTG grow up and appeal to the masses you'll sell more nutes

P

Pimples

Even for small scale hobby growers..fuk 17 bottles. Not so much price either. Iam all about keeping things as simple as possible. Especailly with something so simple as a.feed/water regimen. Have fun is all I can say.

L

LiTT.Farmer

I planted this room and I decided to use Nectar for veg since I had some left and since they kept looking happy I kept giving them nectar and now am blowing through 5 gallon herc harvy almost! lol

I'm doing one normal watering a week of my usual and nectar on all other waterings, so far so good! Here is the MALILA 28 days here in this snapshot :D Sorry for the derail Goo but it is a Nectar post :happy:

View attachment 402388
Mind if I ask what’s the feeding like?

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

I ran NFTG from 2013 thru 2016, so I have quite a bit of insight on the product. Plants looked great but I got far lower yields in comparison to my prior runs using Canna A&B, or FloraNova. The amounts of Herculean Harvest and the number of additives you have to use to get the benefits of the line makes it far too expensive for anyone doing large runs; just to end up with average yields. If I had to rate the three based on yield and potency it would be 1) FloraNova 2) Canna 3) NFTG. Now taste is a whole different ball game, lol!
I've never run FloraNova nor Canna, but I suspect that even if they're organic, their chains are smaller and more easily absorbed. Hydroponics outyield soil by far, from all growers experiences Ive ever heard (well, except those crops that get fukced up and the whole room dies and the grower only ever remembers that round and never the huge yields, which every hydro grower I've known has had at least once).

We found much lighter soil mix with a third of it being chunky perlite helped plants breathe and yield much better, but N4tG is a very complex, rich organic high ppm mix of 15+ liquids... and even pre-digested, pre-chelated, the chains have to be much larger and longer than tiny synthetic nutrient molecules.

But there is virtually no quality comparison in any aspect - terpene strength and profile and longevity, phenotype expression, superior crystal production, bud density and proper sticky semi-moistness which maintains well without mildew starting, etc. It's the Rolls Royce of nutrients. Not saying its easy, cheap, handy/available conveniently everywhere, higher yielding. At all.

I'm saying the results when used to full schedule are unbeatable by anyone and comparable quality with other methods is only from ultra rare master professionals with great experience and care.

The only real bitch is, honestly, if you have patients or customers who see some, they literally never want anything else because all others are subpar and not even a close 2nd. You spoil people real quick. Real talk.
@Avrilb

boombastik

boombastik

We found much lighter soil mix with a third of it being chunky perlite helped plants breathe and yield much better, but N4tG is a very complex, rich organic high ppm mix of 15+ liquids... and even pre-digested, pre-chelated, the chains have to be much larger and longer than tiny synthetic nutrient molecules.

@Avrilb

So do you use Blend #2 or Blend #7 soil, coco, plus chunky perlite and then follow Roman Regimen. Probably wouldnt have to feed as much at a time

Top Bottom