Need Advice Dtw

• Thread starter 4plant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
4plant

4plant

Hey guys, I've been using dwc and dtw with Rockwool for awhile now but I want to start using more organic inputs and microbes so I'm switching to a promix + perlite mix in smart pots on a dtw table. I would like to feed with a res/drip for my base nutes but add the organics by hand when needed. My question is how to balance the drip. I know as the plants get bigger water more often but I want to maintain a steady feed without salts building up to quick. I got away from soil growing because of the need to flush. I love hydro because you can keep the roots at field capacity with exactly what they need 24/7. Anyone have a system like this running? Any tips?

4plant

4plant

Really? Nothing? I guess what I'm looking for is an impute vs runoff guide. Like if I feed .5 ec every other day to 10% runoff will my runoff stay at .5ec or after a week will it climb to 1.2? How do I maintain a desired level of nutes in the media without needing to flush?

S

stemznseedz

I run 1/2" pvc from my res to a big rectangle manifold on my table. where the big rectangle manifold meets the pipe coming from the res i install a ball valve. i use NO drippers on the end of my lines. i drill holes into my manifold and just pressure fit the dripper lines to the manifold (no grommets) i do NOT glue my pvc together from the res or the manifold just pressure fit. I use a 360 gal/hr pump to run two 4 x 8 manifolds with 12 plants each on the manifold. I use an inline filter right by the res and flush it every week or two to keep flow rates consistent. adjust ball valve as needed or adjust the timer as needed to get the flow rate you need for the stage of growth to get a little run off. Adjust the number of waterings per day to match the stage of growth. I like coco and i water every 2 hours and not each watering gets run off but by the end of the day there has been runoff a few times. the design i use for my manifold is the 'pico manifold' on IC.

4plant

4plant

Ok. That sounds like a nice set up. Does your ec going in match your ec coming out in runoff or does the runoff start to climb after a few days.

S

stemznseedz

The idea of DTW is you are resetting the NPK and ph with every watering. Your runoff should stay pretty close to your res in EC and PH and if it's not up the frequency of watering and it will correct it'self. I don't even check my runoff anymore tbh I just water every two hours once the plants are big and everything works fine.

Top Bottom