Need advice on returning the flowered plant back into veg mode.

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

I messed up and missed taking clones from this plant...Then it moved into the flowering and the plant turned into a beast......I,ve been told to just leave a bud on it and just put it under 18hrs of light

let me know

soserthc1

soserthc1

yea just put it back under 18 hrs of light and it will return to veg , but will cause some stress possible when triggered again , fyi u can clone plants in flower and the same will actually happen..... good luck SoSer

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

How long has the plant been in flower? I have taken successful clones up to the second week in flower. I have actually had successful clones after the second week in flower, but I try not to take cuttings after the second week. One thing to keep in mind is that plants use very similar nutrients during both flowering and rooting. So in some ways it is almost better to take clones once a plant is in flower.

sedate

sedate

I,ve been told to just leave a bud on it and just put it under 18hrs of light

let me know

24 hour cycles for sure. You don't need any dark periods when you are trying to change the hormones back to vegetative growth.

Add a 1/3 strength veg fert mix with some rooting hormone in it. I like hormex for this.

http://www.hormex.com/

You need to leave a good 1/3 of the plant - this means the last few nodes/buds and a decent bit of leaves and buds below a harvest line.

You can definately take your good stuff and most of the secondary buds - but a decent bit of the plant needs to be left.

Don't cut down to a handful of nugs - leave the bottom 1/3.

Here is a plant I successfully re-veged - the one over on the left was JUST put back in, there is no new, post-flower growth there. Also note I am not blasting it with light - it is getting the ends of those make-shift t12-arrays and a pair of 23w CFL's overhead.

Reveg left plant

The plant on the left was harvested the day before this photo was taken.

Reveg threeweeks

Here is new growth.

This takes about 3-1/2 weeks. Be patient. More lights/more fertilizer will not help or speed this up.

Post back with any questions.

rootsnshoots

rootsnshoots

sedate, I did this once before but when i cloned off of it, the clones grew really stretchy and kind of wanted to autoflower? have you ever seen any negatives like this?

sedate

sedate

sedate, I did this once before but when i cloned off of it, the clones grew really stretchy and kind of wanted to autoflower? have you ever seen any negatives like this?

Um. No. Clones from re-veged, fully-flowered mothers are typically very stable.

This makes me think there was something up with your environment - a light leak or low light conditions perhaps - maybe an issue with the genetics of the particular plant you reveg'd maybe? Some autoflower or feminization in the genetic background of the plant you reveg'd maybe? I dunno. Couldn't really nail it down without a lot more information.

rootsnshoots

rootsnshoots

There were many variables it was on my second grow years ago. The reveged mother was from my first. kept nice moms or fresh gens since then.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
reveg works fine, just slow as hell. i just did a reveg on a three week flower. rooted in normal time , but took for ever to re veg.

M

Mmmoran

This should work fine leave as much little shit on the bottom
I messed up and missed taking clones from this plant...Then it moved into the flowering and the plant turned into a beast......I,ve been told to just leave a bud on it and just put it under 18hrs of light

let me know

Top Bottom