Need Help Curing!!

• Thread starter Ray Bone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ray Bone

Ray Bone

The plants ended up drying to fast, only 3 days. So I jarred them and they seem moist even after I burped them for hours twice a day. I put some ones in brown bags them transferred them to plastic containers and they seem to be curing fine, I think. When you cure, do you wait till the buds get somewhat dry them re seal them? And what can you do if the ones in plastic bins can't retain the moister when burping? Freaking out here since I'm a newbie!

Polar510

Polar510

Just get some humidipaks and jar it up. If it sticks together its to wet.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

You only add the humidity packs after the rh has been stable for 24hrs at 55%rh tops. Then add the packs. The packs do NOT do anything for the cure, but keep the buds from drying out over length of time.

Polar510

Polar510

If he over dryed them the humidipaks will add moisture, the 65% ones.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

If he over dryed them the humidipaks will add moisture, the 65% ones.

They may and will add moisture back to the parched and dried buds, but the smoothness will not be there as you dried to quickly and did not cure it properly.

Polar510

Polar510

Whats done is done. Moving forward he should jar it up with some paks so at least the buds will retain proper Humidity while it finishes curing.

B

Burned Haze

This will help you know about terps and the General regions/mapping .

Terpenes are natural oils that flavor certain strains of cannabis. They come in an array of flavors that not only taste incredible but also benefit specific parts of the mind and body. Terpenes are historically recorded to benefit the marijuana plant by repelling predators and attracting pollinators, like bees. From the marijuana plants perspective, I wonder how they view humans… as pollinator or predator. What do you think? There are multiple flavors of terpenes. With legalization still being fairly new, new terpenes are still being discovered.
One popular flavor is a terpene called Alpha-Pinene. This terpene tastes a lot like its’ name. Alpha-Pinene has a very distinct pine like aroma. You can find this terpene in several different things. Some common examples would include pine needles, rosemary, and some other household spices. The aroma of pine is scientifically proven to help with memory and alertness. On the medicinal side, Alpha-Pinene has been used to help treat asthma and other breathing ailments. It is also an excellent antiseptic. Some popular strains that consist of an this easily detectable terpene would include Trainwreck or Chemdog.

Myrcene is another terpene well known for its musky but fruity aroma. It is found in fruit like mangos and popular spices like thyme or lemongrass. This terpene is rather popular for its flavor but more so for its strong “couchlock” effect. Medicinally, myrcene is an antioxidant which means it helps ease sore muscles and relieve swelling. It has also proven beneficial for chronic diseases such as depression or insomnia. A strain particularly high in this terpene that would be good to check out would be White Widow.

Linalool is a terpene that’s widely known for its candy like citrus aroma. Linalool can be found in lavender and as most are aware, lavender scent can be a great deterrent to anxiety and depression. Every wonder why so many differen household cleaners, bathing products, air freshners, etc are lavender scented? Lavender scent has been proven to help indivduals relax and unwind. In some cases, linalool has also helped to prevent acne or clear up a break out. In some medical practices, linalool has been used as an anti-convulsant. If you are unfamiliar with that terminology, anti-convulsants are generally used to prevent seizures and can also be mood stabilizing for some suffering from Bipolar disorder or Borderline Personality Disorder. This does not mean to start treating either of these ailments solely with cannabis products containing this terpene. Consult with a medical professional before you adhere to a particular treatment plan. Roll a nice joint of Lavender Jones to indulge in this terpene to the fullest.

Be sure to always ask your local bud tender about high terpene strains within their dispensary. Always ask for help if you are unsure what you are looking for. Do research! Just because a strain is recommended as high in terpenes does not mean that it was grown and harvested to retain those terpenes. Always use your discretion and don’t be afraid to ask questions.”

D

doobie57z

when that happens i put them in a paper bag, from the grocery store. with a hygrometer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom