• Thread starter Ray Bone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ray Bone

Ray Bone

Beginner here, so I definitely could use some help with some drying and curing

R

redlife215

Do u have a clinate controlled drying shed/house?

Ray Bone

Ray Bone

Indoor drying room. More dry than humid and cannot make the room more humid. Need to know if I should dry with the fan leaves in and manicure later, or manicure when I cut down and cure more. And how would you guys cure? Which method is best especially for a fat dry?

Monster762

Monster762

75* and 55%rh is the perfect conditions with a small air circulation with a fan. Do NOT have fan blowing directly in buds.
Agree. Gave me the same advise. I dialed in a closet with fan and small space heater. Had a/c in the room closet belonged to Room was in 60s just set hygrometer in the closet at hang level. Kept fan on low and when I saw temp drop to 70 turned knob on the space heater to barely kick on. It litterally stayed 75 degrees and 55 humidity. Took 4 days. Jarred and it was at 61% in the jar.

Ray Bone

Ray Bone

Indoor drying room. More dry than humid and cannot make the room more humid. Need to know if I should dry with the fan leaves in and manicure later, or manicure when I cut down and cure more. And how would you guys cure? Which method is best especially for a fat

Ray Bone

Ray Bone

Agree. Gave me the same advise. I dialed in a closet with fan and small space heater. Had a/c in the room closet belonged to Room was in 60s just set hygrometer in the closet at hang level. Kept fan on low and when I saw temp drop to 70 turned knob on the space heater to barely kick on. It litterally stayed 75 degrees and 55 humidity. Took 4 days. Jarred and it was at 61% in the jar.
Does it matter how fast the dry time is? Or does it all mater with the curing?

Monster762

Monster762

Indoor drying room. More dry than humid and cannot make the room more humid. Need to know if I should dry with the fan leaves in and manicure later, or manicure when I cut down and cure more. And how would you guys cure? Which method is best especially for a fat
I cut the fans off and trimmed most of the smaller leaves. But from what I've read there is no wrong way. More leaves you leave more trouble trimming once they wrap around buds n dry But on other hand leaving the leaves slows the dry. Also by blocking fresh air to buds you risk more chance of molding. Dry area should be in the dark too. The thc-a breakdown process and the ridding of chlorophyll happen in the dark.

Monster762

Monster762

Does it matter how fast the dry time is? Or does it all mater with the curing?
Perfect dry is more important than cure. If you dry to fast you lock the clorophyl which makes weed smell n taste like you pulled it from under a lawnmower. Cure can fix some things but if dried tooo fast cure time won't fix it. Perfect case would be as slow as possible without molding. My plant only weighed 82 grams dry and was 4 full days drying. Don't blow air on the plant.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I trim the big leaves and leave the small bud leaves. I hang them in the dark until the stems are dry but not yet brittle. This usually takes a week or so. Then I pack the buds into a paper shopping bag, curl the top closed and let them finish drying there for another week. This achieves a nice slow dry.

When they are dry, the remaining leaves will crumble off. That makes some good shake for cooking.

brazel

brazel

This is my process and I love it...

I don't worry about humidity, I cut my plants as they ripen, I them hang them upside down. I typically use a node to hang them from. I check the stems daily, when they snap, I then cut the fan leaves off. I leave the small/sugar leaves on. They protect the bud. Then into a mason jar, I'll crack the lid periodically. You can use a hydrometer but eventually you will be able to just tell.

B

BostonFisher

Once they are "ready" what do you do? Just keep the mason jar closed unless you are taking some out to use? Or do you freeze it in a zip lock back? Just curious what others do after they get it cured to where they are happy with it. Thanks!

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Once they are "ready" what do you do? Just keep the mason jar closed unless you are taking some out to use? Or do you freeze it in a zip lock back? Just curious what others do after they get it cured to where they are happy with it. Thanks!
I vaccum seal mine. The mason jars work fine, but they are bulky to store.

Monster762

Monster762

What do you mean by ready? Have you checked humidity of the buds? If you have a humidity meter small enough put it in the jar. Watch the humidity. You can still destroy it by jarring to wet. May seem dry but once it’s in that jar it might not be dry it’ll pull moisture from centers out. If too wet it’ll mold

brazel

brazel

After it's cured leave it in the jar, take out as needed. Don't freeze, it makes thc brittle and will break off the plant... unless you're making water hash

B

BostonFisher

After it's cured leave it in the jar, take out as needed. Don't freeze, it makes thc brittle and will break off the plant... unless you're making water hash
Thanks that's what I'll do

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Here's a pic of what i use for my.curing and burping process. I ordered these thru eBay from China. As well as some elcheapo batteries. They are all within 1%rh to each other. I have about 50 of these.

This should help out those who ask about what rh gauges that work.

20171022 203838

Madbud

Madbud

I’ve used mason jars but these food storage containers were on sale and i haven’t seen any difference. They’re sterile, easy to stir and actually create a little vacuum inside by squeezing the containers closed. Nuggets that seemed overdried are curing very nicely since the inner bud is still damp after thirty days in the dark. Interesting to leave that little hygrometer in the box and see it rise 4 or 5% in an hour or two.

19ED22F0 92BB 4DBC BD37 C4C56800BBDC

Latest posts

Top Bottom