Need Help Drying And Curing

• Thread starter Ray Bone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

No
glass all the way.

Some plastics can leach the nasty intonthw curing buds. Same as Broveda packs absorb terpenes. Many many many growers swear the packs do more harm than good.

Madbud

Madbud

No
glass all the way.

Some plastics can leach the nasty intonthw curing buds. Same as Broveda packs absorb terpenes. Many many many growers swear the packs do more harm than good.
No
glass all the way.

Even your garden hose has a CA warning on it, nothing wrong with these, but if you got some science to back you up, i’ll listen.

Dunge

Dunge

We live in a contaminated world.
Our technical ability to identify and quantify contaminants is improving, but still far from tricorder skills.
Stay alert, and make rational decisions as to acceptable risk.
example: I just made some colloidal silver.
Some reading warned to use 99% silver. I used coin silver, deciding it was clean enough, given the mode of action and exposure prospects. I may be wrong, but at least it was mindful.

Madbud

Madbud

Agreed Dunge, but if squeezing the plastic container creates a mini vacuum that draws the aroma better than the static air pressure in a mason jar when burping, which i see happening, why not try it?

brazel

brazel

Agreed Dunge, but if squeezing the plastic container creates a mini vacuum that draws the aroma better than the static air pressure in a mason jar when burping, which i see happening, why not try it?
Curing is an art and it consists of four things... glass mason jar, herb, time and air. Eight weeks is nice!
It doesn't involve disposable Tupperware or any of the items posted. That Tupperware is not air tight, you'll lose your vacuum in under a minute. And to be honest, I'm not even sure why you said vacuum or static air pressure? If you haven't seen any difference, then you're still honing your skill. And there's nothing wrong with that! Gaining knowledge is beautiful but time is priceless...

Madbud

Madbud

Curing is an art and it consists of four things... glass mason jar, herb, time and air. Eight weeks is nice!
It doesn't involve disposable Tupperware or any of the items posted. That Tupperware is not air tight, you'll lose your vacuum in under a minute. And to be honest, I'm not even sure why you said vacuum or static air pressure? If you haven't seen any difference, then you're still honing your skill. And there's nothing wrong with that! Gaining knowledge is beautiful but time is priceless...
But not Ball brand jars, yeah i get it lol

Madbud

Madbud

But not Ball brand jars, yeah i get it lol
In Aerodynamics, L.J. Clancy[7] writes: "To distinguish it from the total and dynamic pressures, the actual pressure of the fluid, which is associated not with its motion but with its state, is often referred to as the static pressure, but where the term pressure alone is used it refers to this static pressure."
This is a fluid we’re drawing from the buds. And yeah, i’m getting an airtight vacuum that lasts half an hour or more. The top of the container pops up when the air pressure inside equals air pressure outside.

brazel

brazel

In Aerodynamics, L.J. Clancy[7] writes: "To distinguish it from the total and dynamic pressures, the actual pressure of the fluid, which is associated not with its motion but with its state, is often referred to as the static pressure, but where the term pressure alone is used it refers to this static pressure."
This is a fluid we’re drawing from the buds. And yeah, i’m getting an airtight vacuum that lasts half an hour or more. The top of the container pops up when the air pressure inside equals air pressure outside.
Well shit man, my bad.
If static pressure gets the fluid out, then you're all set to rock on with your cure!

I like that info but I'm gonna continue with the method I've always done
Cheers

B

Burned Haze

No
glass all the way.

I have used the boveda to maintain after the burping process . If plant matter isn’t absorbable so much after that to the container after burp why can’t I use them to guratee the freshness ? ( I use gamma seal , 5 gal buckets and a 14 day burp)

Just thought it was a good question since I don’t wanna keep buying tons of boveda packs if they are a truly a negative .

123grow

My harvest wouldn't fit in glass jars or plastic containers. We store ours in big black trash bags. (after there dried) We harvest big branches to hang and we try to let them dry slowly 8 to 10 days with fans oscillating all the time and we use heaters mainly at night when its real cold outside and if its not raining during the day we open the shop doors (which is where we dry at) to let fresh air in. The temp we try to keep in the low 70's, you don't want it too hot but not too cold either. We don't remove the leaves when drying. After they have been hanging/drying about 7 days we check to see if branches will snap, if they only bend then we keep them hanging and continue checking them the next day ect.. till branches pretty much snap. If the branches are thick we usually cut off most of the wood and put the thinner branches with buds in the bag so we don't really have to worry about any moisture coming back or the branches poking holes in the bags. (So basically we break them down a little before putting them in the bag.)

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

The key to drying is common sense. Dont over think things,and be familiar with your bud. Like tripping on shrooms combing the carpet with your eyelashes familiar. No advice from 2k miles away will help you any more than you can help yourself.

High volume low pressure airflow. RH is relative. Moisture content is not. No one in any industry is asking "what's the relative humidity of that woodstock?" If your stems snap before 45 degrees, youve waited too long. If you drop humidity over time, instead of raising it, you're doing it wrong.

I use these bags for curing.
http://www.stealth-products.com/vacuum-bags
Im the guy who can smell what sweetener, or what brand of nutes you used. I'm the guy who tastes styrene in fast food cups. I call half the weed I smell "plastic". And I can assure you, there is nothing wrong with plastic bag made for storing foods. Ziplocs are not pvc. Sorry to say but my buds blow away anything in the state, and they are always stored in ziplocs. No one would ever say my buds taste off, nor would they test positive for ethylene.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Dont you put a plastic gauge in the jar?

Anchor hocking montana jars for indoor... Gamma seal and food grade buckets for the od.
Yes, buts it' a small .5"x1"x.5". Neglidgabe imo. Not like a plastic Tupperware.

Latest posts

Top Bottom