Need Help First Time Growing.

• Thread starter Mrmoreno25
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mrmoreno25

Hi this is my first time growing every in general I'm wondering how my plants are doing and if yall can possibly guess a yeild on em. They are on week 6 of flowering. The bottom nugs started to develop around week 5 but still small its sour diesel
Need help first time growing
Need help first time growing 2

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
It's impossible to guess the yield of a plant, although yours looks healthy and in good shape. I use a 15% of the wet weight to estimate what I'll have when it dries. Make sure you let them finish fully as the buds really put on weight during the last weeks even though they might look ready a little earlier. I had a black Diesel that went 10 weeks or more and still was going strong when it was taken, which was the exception to the rule. My last run I let things go longer than I usually do and was very surprised by how much bigger things got going an extra week or so beyond what is commonly preached, typically a 30% cloudy trichome.
In any event, things are looking pretty good. Be patient and you will be rewarded!

M

Mrmoreno25

It's impossible to guess the yield of a plant, although yours looks healthy and in good shape. I use a 15% of the wet weight to estimate what I'll have when it dries. Make sure you let them finish fully as the buds really put on weight during the last weeks even though they might look ready a little earlier. I had a black Diesel that went 10 weeks or more and still was going strong when it was taken, which was the exception to the rule. My last run I let things go longer than I usually do and was very surprised by how much bigger things got going an extra week or so beyond what is commonly preached, typically a 30% cloudy trichome.
In any event, things are looking pretty good. Be patient and you will be rewarded!
Thank you man yeah it's been stressful I have them to be ready by week 9 if not I'll push the date to week 10. I'm just confused I've heard about defoliation and that making buds bigger but I'm to scared to touch any of the fan leaves.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Thank you man yeah it's been stressful I have them to be ready by week 9 if not I'll push the date to week 10. I'm just confused I've heard about defoliation and that making buds bigger but I'm to scared to touch any of the fan leaves.

Defoliation is a controversial topic, with some saying not to touch ANY leaves while others say to strip them almost bare. Myself, I take some of the leaves that block light from reaching the grow points, which is anywhere there is a junction and you see those little leaves. If the light hits it, it will grow larger and if you do this regularly, but not extensively, I think it increases the yield (because you get buds growing from the grow points...the more and bigger they are, the bigger of a bud it will usually produce). I usually wait until the plant is growing bushy and has a lot of leaves. I try to leave the large fan leaves on as much as possible, especially earlier in the plants growth when there isn't as much leaf mass to make energy. The idea is to get as much light to as many grow points as possible. Defoliating might increase the size of some of the lower buds that are often light starved, but the larger buds will be a little smaller as the plant has to regrow a lot of leaves as well as buds. Everything is a balance. More slightly smaller buds or fewer but larger buds...and in between there is a sweet spot!

BudBogart

BudBogart

You buds are doing well. It too early to guess final yield because these buds have a lot of growing left to do. The 9-10 week harvest time is only a rough estimate and should not be relied upon. I leave sunleaves alone unless they are old, dying and blocking light. remember, healthy leaves are your solar collectors and enable the plant to thrive.

Top Bottom