Need Help Picking Soil.

• Thread starter Iceman2494
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Iceman2494

Iceman2494

The amendments in the fox farm aren't really bad tbh. I don't think its strong enough to kill your seedling as it is once u start adding things to it that's where u have to watch out.
That’s what I’m thinking . I did a lot of research online and going super soil was the way to go . Said seedlings my have shock at first but would adjust . Are you doing it in a grow room ? And I see what looks like an led . See mixed emotions on those during veg . Not sure . What strain are you doing ?

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

That’s what I’m thinking . I did a lot of research online and going super soil was the way to go . Said seedlings my have shock at first but would adjust . Are you doing it in a grow room ? And I see what looks like an led . See mixed emotions on those during veg . Not sure . What strain are you doing ?
Looks way more purple in picture but in person it's much lighter (more of a blue color) the light to the right produces more red spectrum and the one to the left has more blue diodes. Blue spectrum is "ideal" for veg and red would be for flowering. i was in a closet until recently. But I upgraded to a tent. The plants in the back are 38 & 26 days and they're super bushy the led aren't bad at all. Don't produce as much heat so u can bring me closer to ur plants. There's definitely better lights out there than the ones I use. But these haven't been bad to me

Reactions: Ina
Iceman2494

Iceman2494

Looks way more purple in picture but in person it's much lighter (more of a blue color) the light to the right produces more red spectrum and the one to the left has more blue diodes. Blue spectrum is "ideal" for veg and red would be for flowering. i was in a closet until recently. But I upgraded to a tent. The plants in the back are 38 & 26 days and they're super bushy the led aren't bad at all. Don't produce as much heat so u can bring me closer to ur plants. There's definitely better lights out there than the ones I use. But these haven't been bad to me
They look good to me . Looks like your topping them in the back . Think I bought way to big of a grow tent . I can literally stand up inside it and I’m about 5”10 . Length wize I’m looking Maybe 4 or 5 plants . I only have a 600w led . Need to get another 600w that has the switch for veg and bloom . Now that I look at yours . You get that off wish ?

Last edited:
JustStartedD

JustStartedD

They look good to me . Looks like your topping them in the back . Think I bought way to big of a grow tent . I can literally stand up inside it and I’m about 5”10 . Length wize I’m looking Maybe 4 or 5 plants . I only have a 600w led . Need to get another 600w that has the switch for veg and bloom . Now that I look at yours . You get that off wish ?
I actually just topped them 2 days ago. For the first time. I did some LST (low stress training) during the early weeks giving the entire plant more light making more branches sprout after I just released it and soon I will scrog it to even out the canopy. If you have a 600 try to go for a 900w or more you'll get better results with more light intensity

Last edited:
Iceman2494

Iceman2494

I actually just topped them 2 days ago. For the first time. I did some LST (low stress training) during the early weeks giving the entire plant more light making more branches sprout after I just released it and soon I will scrog it to even out the canopy. If you have a 600 try to go for a 900w or more you'll get better results with more light intensity
Weary about getting a 1000w for seedlings because of to much light. What watts are both of yours ?

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

Weary about getting a 1000w for seedlings because of to much light. What watts are both of yours ?
For seeds your best bet is getting a cfl bulb that's 300w they sell them at Home Depot /Lowe's. And keep it very close to the cup maybe 2-3 inches away from the soil it'll grow quickly without burn due to the cool light. And the inner node spacing will be short since the light will be very close

Iceman2494

Iceman2494

For seeds your best bet is getting a cfl bulb that's 300w they sell them at Home Depot /Lowe's. And keep it very close to the cup maybe 2-3 inches away from the soil it'll grow quickly without burn due to the cool light. And the inner node spacing will be short since the light will be very close
Am I not able to use the led light I have ?

Iceman2494

Iceman2494

The one I have now does not . But the one other one I want does . I never dealt with leds back in the day . Was either hps or mh . I’m in a place I can’t really do that so I went led and Thought this will get me through till I can get another .

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

just do this grow with what you have and upgrade after. And see what works out best. It's all trial & error

Madmax

Madmax

Im going to use t5 for first 2-3 weeks before they go under a 315 cmh..these t5 in pic can b put on top of a mini green house or 6 inches above seedlings once they are older light can b brought lower like 2 iches above them..this t5 setup the single light are 24 watt 6500 k and can add up to 4 ea splines .thats just 96 watt.and can join up to 8 together..for 70 bills you get 2 lights 2 splines 2 joiners..can see the suckers so light dont touch the plastic etc i think they work great
Pics.
20180920 135301
20180920 134019
20180920 134841
20180920 134941

Last edited:
Reactions: Ina
JustStartedD

JustStartedD

That's a pretty dope set up. If you're doing 600w keep it about 26" away from the top of the plant. 1000w 30" away, and as you see it grow lower the lights accordingly, but always try to be above 15" from your canopy

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I ordered fem seeds . Northern lights and super lemon haze . Nothing fancy for trial run. Only have 1 of each .
Fuck fancy, NL is definitely one of my favorites, maybe even the favorite.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I hope it’s easy to grow . . I didn’t want the haze but it was free . Dont like tall plants .
If its anything like the NL i have, it will be a breeze. Very easy to grow, resistant, hungry as hell. Where is the seed from?
You better train the haze, hard. Indoors it may be hard to maintain.

Top Bottom