Need Help Please, 2 Out Of 5 Plants Showing Problems During Flowering

• Thread starter Johnstuff
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Johnstuff

I have 5 northern lights fem plants growing but 2 out of the 5 are very slow to start to flower there 3 weeks since switch and the ones with problem only just starting to show they are female. And have yellowing on leaves higher up the plant. And the new leaf growth hasn't grown out. Any ideas. Pics uploaded of the bad and then the good ones to compare. Thanks

Need help please 2 out of 5 plants showing problems during flowering
Need help please 2 out of 5 plants showing problems during flowering 2
Cannnnn
Need help please 2 out of 5 plants showing problems during flowering 4
Enforcer

Enforcer

Is there anything you could think of that effected the bad two, and not all of them? The spotting of the new growth makes me think PH issue, or something going on in the root zone. But why would it only effect 2 of them if they are all in the same medium, get the same water, etc.

J

Johnstuff

Is there anything you could think of that effected the bad two, and not all of them? The spotting of the new growth makes me think PH issue, or something going on I. The root zone. But why would it only effect 2 of them if they are all in the same medium, get the same water, etc.
Thats what i cant understand, But the one thats mainly affected is in a smaller pot than the others. I've checked them for mites etc for hours just to make sure it's not that.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Thats what i cant understand, But the one thats mainly affected is in a smaller pot than the others. I've checked them for mites etc for hours just to make sure it's not that.
Could be root bound. Are you feeding daily?

I’m assuming you’re in coco.

J

Johnstuff

Could be root bound. Are you feeding daily?

I’m assuming you’re in coco.
Every other day at the minute as there still very wet after a day, i'll have to check the roots see if thats an issue, thanks for the reply :)

Enforcer

Enforcer

Every other day at the minute as there still very wet after a day, i'll have to check the roots see if thats an issue, thanks for the reply :)
I grow in coco. Even if it’s still wet you’re going to want to water it every day, low EC around 1.0. If you treat it like soil, you’ll have ph and/or lockout issues. I’m currently feeding 750ppm (EC about 1.4), 3 times a day. On day 32 of flower. Always get about 20% run off. The daily feedings refresh the coco with air and nutes, allowing the coco to feed the plant.

J

Johnstuff

I grow in coco. Even if it’s still wet you’re going to want to water it every day, low EC around 1.0. If you treat it like soil, you’ll have ph and/or lockout issues. I’m currently feeding 750ppm (EC about 1.4), 3 times a day. On day 32 of flower. Always get about 20% run off. The daily feedings refresh the coco with air and nutes, allowing the coco to feed the plant.
I think thats where im going wrong as i've always grown in soil and struggling to get use to knowing when to water coco. I'll start watering daily with runoff as of tomorrow and see if things improve, I give them a flush earlier. Thanks a lot for advice really appreciated

Enforcer

Enforcer

I think thats where im going wrong as i've always grown in soil and struggling to get use to knowing when to water coco. I'll start watering daily with runoff as of tomorrow and see if things improve, I give them a flush earlier. Thanks a lot for advice really appreciated
Anytime man. You got it now. I agree, flush with a low ppm solution (around 200), then begin your daily feedings. They should show improvement rather quickly. One of the great things about coco is you can turn the plants around on a dime to correct issues.

And it’s almost impossible to over water.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Did you check for bugs? Looks like you got bugs. Scope these leaves top and bottom. There very small you can’t see them with the naked eye.
9C3EEFC7 3656 496A 95DC E783985DFE6C
2D718D3F F220 49A2 86DE CFF5AAEA767F

Badrice

Badrice

Yeah I have seen aphids etc cause leaves to show those types of leave damage as they nibble away, would explain 1 plant being affected and others not, they simply haven't made their way there yet.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Yeah I have seen aphids etc cause leaves to show those types of leave damage as they nibble away, would explain 1 plant being affected and others not, they simply haven't made their way there yet.
And they will. Aphids are the worst. Had an infestation once all hatched at once the hole floor was moving. It was incredible scared the shit out Of me.

Top Bottom