Need Help With Hermies.

• Thread starter Ray Bone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ray Bone

Ray Bone

First time grower so I need some advice. I was removing some bud rot off of one of the tops when I noticed some seeds. Im 2 weeks away from harvesting, so I'm hoping that it's still smokable since I'm using for personal use. Any advice

dannyk892009

dannyk892009

Got pics? If there are trichomes it will still be effective, just not as potent as buds without seeds. I usually make butter with the reminance of bud that had been pollinated.

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

The only difference having some seeds in your weed will make is that it takes away from the potency. The plant will put energy into producing seeds that would have been concentrated solely into the buds themselves, not really much of an issue, nothing to be done at this point anyway. Just smoke more if you're not getting high enough! lol

Ray Bone

Ray Bone

The only difference having some seeds in your weed will make is that it takes away from the potency. The plant will put energy into producing seeds that would have been concentrated solely into the buds themselves, not really much of an issue, nothing to be done at this point anyway. Just smoke more if you're not getting high enough! lol
Hey Papa, I've read that it's best if you let them out grow, or whatever that means. Any advice on when to pull them?

Ray Bone

Ray Bone

Got pics? If there are trichomes it will still be effective, just not as potent as buds without seeds. I usually make butter with the reminance of bud that had been pollinated.
Plenty of trihcomes, just don't know when to pull them.

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Hey Papa, I've read that it's best if you let them out grow, or whatever that means. Any advice on when to pull them?
Just let them go full term. Best way is to check the trichs with a scope or powerful eye loop, you want to see most of them be cloudy at the least, a lot of people prefer to wait until they see a lot of amber color in them. I have a tendency to look for them to start getting good and cloudy and then start a two week flush, taking them at the end of flush.

MW7945

MW7945

Whats your setup look like? Might have some light leaks messing with your plants

Monster762

Monster762

First time grower so I need some advice. I was removing some bud rot off of one of the tops when I noticed some seeds. Im 2 weeks away from harvesting, so I'm hoping that it's still smokable since I'm using for personal use. Any advice
Seeds won't make it unsmokable. What color are seeds? Are they maturing good? If you only saw a few n not a whole ton of them you'll probably end up with good smoke and free seeds to grow. If they are from hermie though the trait will carry into the seeds so the plants grown with them may be more likely to hermie themselves.

Monster762

Monster762

Plenty of trihcomes, just don't know when to pull them.
You got to get a scope. Are your white pistils red or brown yet? Like said above you want cloudy at least. Cloudy amber mix is what a lot of people aim for.

below frigid

below frigid

Are you sure it's hermi? A lot of peeps assume that's the case. It's quite possible a near by neighbor could have a male blowing pollen your way.

Ray Bone

Ray Bone

This is one of em. Flowering really well with tons of trichomes. But I'm worried about the seeds when I harvest.

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

This is one of em. Flowering really well with tons of trichomes. But I'm worried about the seeds when I harvest.
The seeds aren't anything to worry about, like I said, the only thing they'll do is reduce potency by a bit.

Monster762

Monster762

If it's personal a few seeds aren't going to kill you. If they are mature you'll have free seeds of personally tested weed to grow in future. Good chance outdoors of being pollenated by another plant but you do have what looks like a male sac opened at the top. Can you get different angles of pics ?

Monster762

Monster762

The seeds aren't anything to worry about, like I said, the only thing they'll do is reduce potency by a bit.
True. The potency is made during the flowers hunt to catch pollen. It produces more n more resin to catch pollen. The longer it is deprived pollen the more resins it produces. That is why seedless is stronger. But at this late in the game I'd say you got some good buds. It'll be good don't worry about that. Just make sure you aren't getting tons of seeds. And try to find the source of pollen.

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

If it was me I wouldn't grow them, I've been down that road and all it got me was wasted time since I won't grow something out once I see it's a herm, unless of course it's almost finished before it's caught. The only way I'd try is if I was desperate for seeds. That's me though, to each their own.

Ray Bone

Ray Bone

If it's personal a few seeds aren't going to kill you. If they are mature you'll have free seeds of personally tested weed to grow in future. Good chance outdoors of being pollenated by another plant but you do have what looks like a male sac opened at the top. Can you get different angles of pics ?
It seems like I've been digging out bud rot once a week on few of the buds

IMG 1480
IMG 1481
IMG 1482

Latest posts

Top Bottom