Need Help With Ventilation Please

• Thread starter superskunk4u
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BUDbundy23

I have 4x4 tent and 1000w hps/mh I just setup last night. I have a ventech 6in 440cfm pushing thru about 40ft of ducting. My question is, should I put in an inline fan to help push or is my current setup fine? I only plan on running 4 plants in 5 gallon buckets in FF ocean forrest mix

superskunk4u

superskunk4u

Sorry I cant be of much help to you mate, But I'm sure someone with more knowledge will chime in. Hows the air flow in your tent and temps. my understanding is (AND MORE THEN LIKELY WRONG) you dont want to change the air in your tent more then 3 times an hour if you do could indicate a heat issue and will screw with your RH, go have a play at http://growmeduniversity.com/ Not trying to take you away from this site, It just gave me a little more understanding on everything. Happy growing mate :)

B

BUDbundy23

I'm right around 74°f and 35% RH. It's been holding pretty steady since I've got it all together. I appreciate the feed back my friend and I'll have a look at that link. I'll post pics as soon as I get my old laptop running, I can't figure out how to post them from my phone just yet. Thanks again

superskunk4u

superskunk4u

I'm right around 74°f and 35% RH. It's been holding pretty steady since I've got it all together. I appreciate the feed back my friend and I'll have a look at that link. I'll post pics as soon as I get my old laptop running, I can't figure out how to post them from my phone just yet. Thanks again
no problem at all mate, sorry I couldn't be of more help

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter

If your temps are holding stead at °74.
I'd say that your setup is working.
Is it speed controlled or running full tilt %100 of the time.

I went oversized on my fan.
That way I would be able to run it at a lower speed but move the same volume as a 4" on high speed.
This made the exhaust system much quieter.

It also gave me a large overhead for the fan controller to ramp up when the situations present themselves.

B

BUDbundy23

I have a controller hooked up running on low/medium atm to keep it at 74°. I'm in MI and my tent is in the basement. it's stays right around 50° in the winter and 60 ish in summer so I figured a speed controller was essential. I also went over board on my ventilation setup and at the current speed the ballast is louder than the fan. I'm way out in BFE so noise and smell aren't a huge issue. One more question that is completely off topic, I have a nice ro filter under my sink in my kitchen and I tested yesterday.... 75 ppm 6.23ph, good for soil?

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I have a controller hooked up running on low/medium atm to keep it at 74°. I'm in MI and my tent is in the basement. it's stays right around 50° in the winter and 60 ish in summer so I figured a speed controller was essential. I also went over board on my ventilation setup and at the current speed the ballast is louder than the fan. I'm way out in BFE so noise and smell aren't a huge issue. One more question that is completely off topic, I have a nice ro filter under my sink in my kitchen and I tested yesterday.... 75 ppm 6.23ph, good for soil?

Sounds great for soil at only 75ppm.
Many people in this forum use ro water systems.
They offer very pure water.
This is good because you want to add your own nutes to it. Not use what's they have in your public water supply.

Another thing to consider is that ro water typically tends to be on the acidic side between 5 and 6 ph.

the pH scale is logarithmic, that means that pH 5.00 water is actually 100 times as acidic as pH 7.00 water.

So make sure and ph it before you use it.

B

BUDbundy23

Will do, I appreciate all the help. I just tested my well water without ro filter and it's real hard at 7.45ph and 394 ppm

B

BUDbundy23

20160225 111331

20160225 111412
20160228 200429
20160228 200507
B

BUDbundy23

figured out how to get my pictures up. the little box is just something i built today. it has 4 2ft t5s in it and i figured clones and seedlings would get a good start in there.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
@BUDbundy23, Welcome to the farm from a fellow `gander from the U.P.

B

BUDbundy23

@yooper420, thanks, I appreciate it. I'm pretty stoked to finally have my first grow underway. I'll update pics tonight and see what you think.

Latest posts

Top Bottom