Need Help!?

• Thread starter Superstylist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Superstylist

So I just started my pineapple chunk seed and its been in a wet paper towel in the a warm dark area for 4 days. Its doing nothing. Not sprouting or anything. Bad seed or did I do something wrong?

chemistry

chemistry

It's not uncommon to sow a dud, so your's may be a dud, or just slow to sprout.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
"warm" dark area? How warm?

I never understood why folks pop seeds in paper towels....... I always sprout my seeds in a medium I am using. Usually small keg cup size pots. I find popping seeds in paper towels leaves room for error.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Welcome to, The Farm!! Try out the search bar you will find what you seek there.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
If you think it’s a dud then pop it in your mouth and bite down lightly on it along the ridge to gently pry it open, just a little. You have to be careful when doing this. But you can feel it opening up. Then go back into the paper towel for another day or so.

It’s a last ditch effort to save the seed. It may or may not work. So don’t do it with fresh seeds, only seeds you think are duds.

Ina

Ina

If you think it’s a dud then pop it in your mouth and bite down lightly on it along the ridge to gently pry it open, just a little. You have to be careful when doing this. But you can feel it opening up. Then go back into the paper towel for another day or so.

It’s a last ditch effort to save the seed. It may or may not work. So don’t do it with fresh seeds, only seeds you think are duds.
I do that even with fresh seeds when I want all of them to go at the same time...it works fine,most of them are starting after cracking.But,yes,wait them to start normally for a few days(but too much waiting in moisture also can cause them to rot from the inside) and do it as a"last ditch effort".Like now:)It could help.

L

Lethidox

what i do is wet paper towel, shove in ziploc bag, fully close it and this causes it to get humid inside. check on it once a day. usually by 2 days it germinated already. typically takes 1 day only though. i have tried leaving the bags open for air flow seems to work the same but dries out the paper towel faster.

if you close the ziploc bag just make sure you check it if it sits to long inside and gets leggy it WILL get root rot 3 out of 4 of mine did at least.

people got different methods to germinate seeds use what best works for you. seed could be a dud i have not much experience germinating cannabis seeds all 7 times so far has been 1-3 days using this method. no heat mat or anything i just put it in my closet where it's dark and hot.

it can take a few days for sure but unlikely. many reports of people taking like 6-8 days to germinate some seeds and they were experienced growers.

Top Bottom