need input on using AN's Bud Candy please

• Thread starter username09
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

username09

some quick info:
i'm in my 5th week of flowering. 6 bagseed plants going strong in 100% perlite. buds haven't started fattening up yet. will hopefully see that soon. anyway...i've ordered some bud candy hoping to improve my plants in many ways including increasing bud size, taste, smell, etc. i've been on the AN site and used their calculator and i'm alittle confused. i read on here that you're supposed to use Bud Candy in your flush water in the last few weeks of flowering but, while on the AN site it looks like i'm supposed to use nutes as well. i'm just using their 3 part nutes now but, am i supposed to cut the feeding with nutes and use the bud candy in the flush water or am i still supposed to feed normally with the addition of the bud candy? also, i'm planning on flushing once a week, maybe every 5 days. is that too much? what's the proper method of using the bud candy i guess is what i'm asking? info is greatly appreciated.

U

username09

well i got the bud candy in today and instructions said 2ml per liter so i mixed in about 15 ml in 2 gallons and fed the plants. i'm just gonna use this for the next 2 weeks at 2-3 times a week. it'd be great to see some bud swell within the next week. guess we'll see.

R

risen1

Premium Member
Supporter
i dont really think bud candy is goin to do alot... should help the flavor... maybe grab some big bud or overdrive...they should help the buds swell...

R

risen1

Premium Member
Supporter
i would def use both... i stick pretty close to their recomendations off their nute calc... heres what i use when i flower
conisuerr a&b
bud ignitor
budcandy
bigbud
b52
sensizyme
overdrive

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

you can use 90% of what advanced makes together
as far a sweetners(bud candy) go they do almost nothing to your ppms so you can load them up. if your running some bag seed and you have the money to buy more bud candy, you can run it up to 4ml/l. to make it easy i just run sweetners at 15 ml/g

U

username09

you can use 90% of what advanced makes together
as far a sweetners(bud candy) go they do almost nothing to your ppms so you can load them up. if your running some bag seed and you have the money to buy more bud candy, you can run it up to 4ml/l. to make it easy i just run sweetners at 15 ml/g

thank you. i wanted to make sure i didn't burn the plants. next watering i'll use 15ml of bid bud and bud candy. the big bud says use up to week 4. i'm on week 5, i think. i'll try using it this week along with the bud candy and then next week use the bud candy only.

as far as the gro, micro, bloom, on the AN calculator it has equal parts at feeding but, the bottle says different so do i go by the site or bottle?

U

username09

sorry didn't mean 15ml/gallon. meant 15ml per feeding. i use 2 gallons each time. i'll add more bud candy progressively to make sure nothing goes wrong.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

k awsome totally felt bad there for a sec
good luck to ya
would love to see a grow log:)

M

Motherhugger

Huh, haven't used Conni before. Cool to know it will fit in with the rest of the nutes I already use.

Connoisseur a&b
bud ignitor
budcandy
big bud
b52
sensizyme
overdrive

Freakin cool info. Gotta check Conni out the next time I get the chance. Of course, I shoudl probably wait to see what your results are. That way I can find out whether it's the right thing for me.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

i used it for several cycles a while back
swapped it out for the dutchmaster gold and the ladies didnt loose a step
its about half the price if memory serves me correct

U

username09

i think it's been just over a week since i've started using the bud candy and big bud and it seems like my buds have started swelling, especially in the midsection of the plant. there's also been some new bud growth at the top. really hoping they fatten up within the next week or so. i'm on week 6 of flowering now. hoping to wrap this grow up at the end of week 8 but, i'm gonna let them go as long as they need.

T

trusmoker

i only use sensi bloom a+b, big bud, overdrive i think thats to many lol id just keep it simple seem to work for me anyways each to there own an all that shit haha
peace ts

M

Mmmmasonite

i think it's been just over a week since i've started using the bud candy and big bud and it seems like my buds have started swelling, especially in the midsection of the plant. there's also been some new bud growth at the top. really hoping they fatten up within the next week or so. i'm on week 6 of flowering now. hoping to wrap this grow up at the end of week 8 but, i'm gonna let them go as long as they need.

Big bud is good for weeks 2-5..a mid bloom booster.....In week 6 you wanna start hitting them with a late bloom booster(higher P and K)........ same in 7 and flush with straight water in 8....Chop:harvest:.....Try not to go over 1100 ppms.........Use Bud candy weeks 1-6.......Bud XL 4-7 to bring out the natural flavor enhanced by the candy........Peace

S

Stoner Smurf

Are you watering by hand or do you have some drip feed system? If you are watering by hand, use the bud candy on half of your plants, and do NOT use it on the other half. After you crop out and test the final product you can see exactly what the bud candy did and then make an educated decision if you should keep buying it or not. You will probably be unpleasantly surprised to find out it didn't do a whole lot. My mentor did a side by side with AN Bud Candy and I was one of the testers. It was a blind test and I noticed no difference (although to be honest I do not have the best palate in the world.).

Be careful when you buy any additive, as most of them are either snake oil or just a different combo of the same nutrients at 5 times the cost. There are only 16 macro and micro nutrients that MJ requires and responds too (MJ also responds to some hormones and what not as well, i.e. rooting gel.). I say this all the time, but I will say it again, there is no magic 17th nutrient that makes your plants produce 24k solid gold buds. The much more likely option is that a nutrient company is trying to make a quick buck on the backs of amateur and hobby gardeners.

All additives are not garbage, but most are (For example Roots Excel by H&G does just what it's suppose to. But BudXL does not, according to an experiment from a trusted friend.). So always do your due diligence before you add a product to your line-up. And don't just take the word of the internet. Test it your self, it's easy to do, and it will be a huge eye opener for you just as it was for me. Find some like minded friends, and you can really test a large amount of products in a short period of time.

Big bud is good for weeks 2-5..a mid bloom booster.....In week 6 you wanna start hitting them with a late bloom booster(higher P and K)........ same in 7 and flush with straight water in 8....Chop:harvest:.....Try not to go over 1100 ppms.........Use Bud candy weeks 1-6.......Bud XL 4-7 to bring out the natural flavor enhanced by the candy........Peace

.... couldn't miss an opportunity to plug an H&G product could you? Guys don't listen to anything this Masonite ass says, he is an actual H&G rep. He comes into posts like this and covertly plugs some H&G product under the disguise of helping someone. Don't be taken for a ride, check this fool's recent posts!

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

even if dude is a rep, i havent really seem him steer anybody wrong
ran the bud xl for the last run, really loved the stuff
less crystal on the leaf, more on the bud. id have to say it works
p.s. his sig was for sd hydroponics so hes not really trying to hide it

U

username09

well guys alittle update here. i'm on week 9. this plant is going to be a long flowering plant. i recently ran outta my additives and i'm ordering more.

if you guys can give me some advice on long flowering plants please do. this is my first and it looks like it's going to go another 2 months. i'm going to keep it going tho. i mean, i've gone this far and i don't wanna cut myself short so guys give me some advice on long flowering plants. should i try some different additives or keep going with what i'm doing? also, i'm still using the lucas formula. is this ok for long flowering plants? i'm open to ideas here. i mean i've learned alot but, i'm not opposed to learning more. i definitely think that this strain is more of an outdoor strain.

Top Bottom