need input on using AN's Bud Candy please

• Thread starter username09
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mmmmasonite

i'll try and get something ordered and cut the big bud from my feeding regimen. the budswel should be in this week and i'll add that. should i cut the base nutes alittle when first using that? i'll start to flush when i see about 40% of the pistils change color. it's gotta start doing more soon. i'm starting to see quite a few of the lower leaves fall and in previous grows that quickly followed up by fattening buds.

You absolutly wanna cut those base nutes by at least half when you're using any late bloom booster....If you have a ppm meter...just make sure the ppms are no higher than 1100 after everything is added.....If ur in straight perlite then you can feed daily.....You should play that trick with the budswel on ur buddies!..... Or.... if ur ballsy....on ur girlfriend! LOL It's a good laugh...My girl still talks about it......Peace

D

Duder

Big bud is good for weeks 2-5..a mid bloom booster.....In week 6 you wanna start hitting them with a late bloom booster(higher P and K)........ same in 7 and flush with straight water in 8....Chop:harvest:.....Try not to go over 1100 ppms.........Use Bud candy weeks 1-6.......Bud XL 4-7 to bring out the natural flavor enhanced by the candy........Peace

hey mmm,

I see you have big bud (2-5) and bud xl (4-7) overlapping in feeds. Is this acceptable? Coming up on wk 4 feed (8 wk) and trying to decide if I should drop the big bud and use the bud xl, or use both and drop the big bud wk 5 for top boost week. Appreciate any incite...

U

username09

For a normal strain that flowers 8 weeks I'd use as directed. I'm just having to figure it out because my strain flowers for so long. I'm on week 11 now and have cut back on the base nutes and use 10ml of budswel and 10-15 of bud candy every feeding and I feed almost daily. I stopped using the big bud and bud factor x a few days ago. I have noticed the tops of the plants have developed more in the last few weeks. Some of the lower leaves are dieing off and I try to clean things up a bit every few days. I've used the budswel almost daily since Monday and am really hoping to see some results within the next 2 weeks. We'll see what happens.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

hey mmm,

I see you have big bud (2-5) and bud xl (4-7) overlapping in feeds. Is this acceptable? Coming up on wk 4 feed (8 wk) and trying to decide if I should drop the big bud and use the bud xl, or use both and drop the big bud wk 5 for top boost week. Appreciate any incite...

ive ran the big bud all the way through flower before. isnt the top booster end of week 6? ive only ran it a couple times, but ive been adding the bud xl when i started seeing sugars on the leaves. day 26 on my current og run.
if you want to run your top booster week 5 then you can leave everything in there, just watch your ppms

D

Duder

ive ran the big bud all the way through flower before. isnt the top booster end of week 6? ive only ran it a couple times, but ive been adding the bud xl when i started seeing sugars on the leaves. day 26 on my current og run.
if you want to run your top booster week 5 then you can leave everything in there, just watch your ppms

On the latest HG chart, an 8 wk starts Top Booster at the end of wk 5. So basically your suggesting its fine to use Big Bud up until late booster (Shooting Powder) along with Bud Xl some weeks as well? For ex, so week 5 (end) I would have Top Booster, big bud, and bud xl in at the same time with no problems? Assuming ppms are in check of course...

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

f&&& im running my top booster late this round
i wonder how long ive been doing that lol
i used to run big bud all the way til week 8
running moab for the first time this run so im cutting at end of week 6 this time
for me, half the fun of hydro is mutating my npk

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

btw bud xl doesnt do too much to your npk so dump that crap in
i think h+g needs to send me some samples as of late

M

Mmmmasonite

hey mmm,

Well....It's fine to overlap with Bud xl and Big bud. They are 2 different products..Big Bud is mid bloom booster. Bud xl has virtually no npk and main ingredients are enzymes that help transfer sugars into the buds. At the start of week 5.... I usually use half strength Big bud so the ppms are the same when I add the Top Booster, which I add the last 4 days of week 5 to prepare the plant for the start of the late flowering cycle......Bet the ladies are lookin lovely.....Cheers

U

username09

With what you all are saying I'm thinking of adding the big bud and bud factor x back to my feedings but at lower dosages. I haven't used water only in awhile because I really wanna make sure the girls get the most they can. Should I do water one day and feed the next? As of right now they aren't getting burnt by the everyday feedings. I was planning to do water only on the last week but for now am I ok with feeding daily?

M

Mmmmasonite

With what you all are saying I'm thinking of adding the big bud and bud factor x back to my feedings but at lower dosages. I haven't used water only in awhile because I really wanna make sure the girls get the most they can. Should I do water one day and feed the next? As of right now they aren't getting burnt by the everyday feedings. I was planning to do water only on the last week but for now am I ok with feeding daily?

As long as you are in coco or rock it is actually better to feed daily....I didn't find the bud factor x beneficial for my set up and it is quite expensive as well..Do you check ur ppms? As long as they are in check you can feed daily with full strength big bud weeks 2-4....At the start of the last week I suggest a good flush with florakleen first to loosen up those salts....Then straight water for the rest of the week....Ur plants will still swell during that time even with water only.......Peace

M

Motherhugger

As long as you are in coco or rock it is actually better to feed daily....I didn't find the bud factor x beneficial for my set up and it is quite expensive as well..Do you check ur ppms? As long as they are in check you can feed daily with full strength big bud weeks 2-4....At the start of the last week I suggest a good flush with florakleen first to loosen up those salts....Then straight water for the rest of the week....Ur plants will still swell during that time even with water only.......Peace

Love this discussion....didn't think to use all of these together. LOL

I haven't used florakleen before, but I'll check it out.

U

username09

i'm gonna flush with water only. budget wont allow anymore additives right now. is there any cheaper, more common, additive i can use to loosen the salts?

also, last nite i decided to add some cfl side lighting. the light is more of the bluish tint instead of orange. i'm not sure of the exact wattage but, anyway, is there going to be a problem with the blue tint instead of the orange? as i said it's side lighting...and only on one side. let me know if i should take out the cfl's.

U

username09

wanted to let you know that no, i don't check my ppm's. only ph. don't have a multimeter as of now.

U

username09

haven't heard anything about the kushie kush personally.

i was checking out the girls tonite and have noticed more resin production within the last week or so. the buds have swollen some but, not enough to really WOW me. i've had to tie the plants up because they can't support themselves. before i tied them up i was rotating the container every few days so they'd get more light in different areas. tonite i think i'm going to trim up the girls and remove all the dead leaves that have fallen and pluck the ones that are dieing now. i'm really excited to see what the next week or so brings. the girls are starting week 12 today. hope they get fat and frosty and finish up this month.

M

Mmmmasonite

wanted to let you know that no, i don't check my ppm's. only ph. don't have a multimeter as of now.

Well....if you don't have a ppm meter....you should get one on the next run....they really help out in situations like this.....For now just use1/2 to 3/4 dose of your normal base nutes along with full strength Big bud....Should be fine

as for the side lighting with CFLs....great idea....I like to hang single t5's vertical around the flower room....The blue light seems to bring out colors and more resin.....There are some guys who use both metal halides and hps. There is also a bulb out for 1000 watters called the super blue by hx....60% hps 40% metal halide....Your idea is a common practice. Good call.........Peace

U

username09

My next run will probably be in bubble buckets or I may try another hydroponic method. To be honest, I enjoy growing more than smoking. I haven't been able to grow any great strains yet but I really enjoy learning about the plant and different methods of growing. I've got some Bluetooth and lavender seeds for my next grow but, I'm going to wait awhile before I grow again. I'm hoping that one day I find that strain that I love to smoke as much as I love to grow. Heard good things about the lavender so maybe thatll be the one.

I went ahead and added 4 fluorescent lights I previously used to veg. Hoping the addition of the cfl's and fluorescents pay off. Haven't fed or watered for 2 days. Tonite I'm going to mix up something good for the girls.

M

Mmmmasonite

My next run will probably be in bubble buckets or I may try another hydroponic method. To be honest, I enjoy growing more than smoking. I haven't been able to grow any great strains yet but I really enjoy learning about the plant and different methods of growing. I've got some Bluetooth and lavender seeds for my next grow but, I'm going to wait awhile before I grow again. I'm hoping that one day I find that strain that I love to smoke as much as I love to grow. Heard good things about the lavender so maybe thatll be the one.

I went ahead and added 4 fluorescent lights I previously used to veg. Hoping the addition of the cfl's and fluorescents pay off. Haven't fed or watered for 2 days. Tonite I'm going to mix up something good for the girls.

Man...I tell ya...It took me years to find my strains.....I threw out so many....A good one will kill it in miracle grow....so... imagine when you add all that goodness.....It'll happen....It's great that you enjoy growing so much...That is what will make the difference for you.....Peace

M

Motherhugger

has anyone used AN's kushie kush? If so, how did you like it?

I've heard from some boards that people have seen more than 10% increase in bud weight, but I haven't seen it myself. I gotta say tho that I've heard good things all around and I have to believe that this is something I need to try too.

Of course, the only thing I've seen that's negative is the price, but from my experience, a lot of growers are whiny about prices, so I don't know and don't care what people have to say about price.

If things work well, I would just use it. Price be damned.

I think Advanced Nutrients products are well worth their price and the quality you get as a result is so much better than anything else out there - from my experience, anyway. I mean, I think AN should probably charge more. They're that good.

Top Bottom