Need Lights For Bloom...

• Thread starter BiggDee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BiggDee

BiggDee

Chello.. Need a lil help...1st will a 2ft t5 16bulb good for bloom...and I have a tent 2x2...just need good light for bloom...any suggestions thanks...

Need lights for bloom
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

T-5’s work fine but need to be very close to the plants and will only penetrate maybe a foot to 18” into the plants for bud production.

Good idea to run both blue and red bulbs. 6500k and I think they have 2700k red flowering bulbs available.

How can you fit a 16 bulb lamp in a 2x2? I run a 2/8 in a 3x3 veg tent with an extra 2 bulb unit for 10 bulbs total.

BiggDee

BiggDee

I'm going to expand the tent to fit a t5 2ft 4 bulb 24w 6500k and the t5 2ft 16 bulbs 384w 2700k.....that's 20 bulbs...

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
If you have the option, leds are the way to go. If you’re limited on budget, get some cfls and supplement the lower growth or do partial harvest.

BiggDee

BiggDee

If you have the option, leds are the way to go. If you’re limited on budget, get some cfls and supplement the lower growth or do partial harvest.
I can spend a lil for some good lights what you got for me.....any suggestions....

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
I would suggest a little diy. 500, you can get a build a great cob setup. I used 18 cxb1830s and 18 holders, 3x1meter long aluminium heatsinks and 6 drivers and the total was 250 or something but when i look at mouser i see the same diodes sell 50% higher than what i pay for here. All in all tho, 500 is enough for a good cob build. Cree cxbs are great and most people and companies use them in their fixtures. You may want to look up some diy threads here. This is one.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/a-decision-needs-to-be-made.100544/

If you’re going pre built or buying as a set. You can go with qbs. Look them up from the hlgs site. Not sure on prices.

BiggDee

BiggDee

I would suggest a little diy. 500, you can get a build a great cob setup. I used 18 cxb1830s and 18 holders, 3x1meter long aluminium heatsinks and 6 drivers and the total was 250 or something but when i look at mouser i see the same diodes sell 50% higher than what i pay for here. All in all tho, 500 is enough for a good cob build. Cree cxbs are great and most people and companies use them in their fixtures. You may want to look up some diy threads here. This is one.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/a-decision-needs-to-be-made.100544/

If you’re going pre built or buying as a set. You can go with qbs. Look them up from the hlgs site. Not sure on prices.
I suck at building...plug n play...

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
For plug and play 500 is not much. You can get 260w qbs for 300 or something. Its not even a build. Just screwdrivers will do. Tho i love the customization aspect of a diy fixture.

And i just noticed aluminium heatsink is acting like a prism in the photo :D

9C82402A 6474 4296 8490 AF759FB6D989

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

For plug and play 500 is not much. You can get 260w qbs for 300 or something. Its not even a build. Just screwdrivers will do. Tho i love the customization aspect of a diy fixture.

View attachment 847787

You can see the full spectrum at work from the prismatic effect. Neat!

BiggDee

BiggDee

You can see the full spectrum at work from the prismatic effect. Neat!
Yup yup I see... This is why I come you guys hands down the best... Thanks a lot...I'll be looking into the site you sent me....

View attachment 847787
What size rent you have

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Very very nice...I'll play with the t5's.. check out homemade scrog....been in veg 90 + days.... 2nd pic first grow unknown strain been in flower since end of Oct....veg with t5 flower 300w led....

Looks very good, t5 are good. Just they lack the penetration and to be honest they are way less efficient compared to leds both lm/w and umol/w. But they are great for seedlings especially.

BiggDee

BiggDee

Looks very good, t5 are good. Just they lack the penetration and to be honest they are way less efficient compared to leds both lm/w and umol/w. But they are great for seedlings especially.
Besides the cob what you suggest for a 4sq ft tent....

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Besides the cob what you suggest for a 4sq ft tent....

People seem very happy with quantum boards, i never used them, they look very good on paper.

As for hid someone else needs to chime in but you can go 2 315cmh and 2 600hps for flower probably.

BiggDee

BiggDee

People seem very happy with quantum boards, i never used them, they look very good on paper.

As for hid someone else needs to chime in but you can go 2 315cmh and 2 600hps for flower probably.
My thing is the electric.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom